indra

"when the apprentice is ready, the guide appears?"

"When the apprentice is ready, the guide appears"

But I find this statement so difficult to believe and to whethere it actually works. But sincerely if a STUDENT or APPRENTICE was ready how will the Teacher or Guide APPEAR. Have a lof of time taking about this question as it appears in a lot of "Esoteric Practises" as well. Puff of smoke and presto the "GUIDE" appears reminds me of the magica tricks perform by David Blaine and David Copperfield.

This question pointed me towards a book in my local BOOKSTORE it just seemed to fall into my lap. Believe it was written by Dan Millman: Living On Purpose, If I do remember correctly he seemd to be saying that TEACHERS or GUIDES are all around us if we open to recieving these messages. So the Wind, Earth, Ground, Sky and Nature can be our TEACHERS. But the TRUTH is I find this so difficult to believe and how would these messages be communicated towards the NOVICE APPRENTICE.

But also have a few questions regarding Nedian Meditation, what are the sign of progress during this particular meditation. For those of you that are curious my practise simply involves Breath Retention and placing my ATTENTION on the Navel Chakra STORAGE AREA. Your breathe in PRANA that is POWERFUL and STRENGTHENS or NURTURES you from within the CHAKRA AREA and hold you attention there.

Are the signs of progress during these pratices SEEING the "CLEAR BRIGHT PRIMORDIAL LIGHT" Emanating from within. This could be a figment of my imagination but it seemed to be to REAL to just dis-miss these IMAGES or VISIONS. As a sincere seeker is it possible to go beyond the GREAT INNER LIGHT or HIGHER SELF from within. What would happen to someone's consciousness if this was indeed was possible amd they went BEYOND. My experiences concerning these is that it seems to almost DIVINE, and has a GREAT STRENGTH which one can feel coursing through your BONES. Does any-one have any suggestions or advice on what I could be experiencing whlist practising this simple technique of meditation?

Read the MAGUS OF JAVA by Kosta Danous recently and my question is regarding this COMMENT "What is the will of HEAVEN", why does an ascended-master like JOHN CHANG refer to the Will of the Heavens. Some clarification on this would be extremely valuable.

"When the apprentice is ready, the guide appears"

But I find this statement so difficult to believe and to whethere it actually works. But sincerely if a STUDENT or APPRENTICE was ready how will the Teacher or Guide APPEAR. Have a lof of time taking about this question as it appears in a lot of "Esoteric Practises" as well. Puff of smoke and presto the "GUIDE" appears reminds me of the magica tricks perform by David Blaine and David Copperfield.

This question pointed me towards a book in my local BOOKSTORE it just seemed to fall into my lap. Believe it was written by Dan Millman: Living On Purpose, If I do remember correctly he seemd to be saying that TEACHERS or GUIDES are all around us if we open to recieving these messages. So the Wind, Earth, Ground, Sky and Nature can be our TEACHERS. But the TRUTH is I find this so difficult to believe and how would these messages be communicated towards the NOVICE APPRENTICE.

But also have a few questions regarding Nedian Meditation, what are the sign of progress during this particular meditation. For those of you that are curious my practise simply involves Breath Retention and placing my ATTENTION on the Navel Chakra STORAGE AREA. Your breathe in PRANA that is POWERFUL and STRENGTHENS or NURTURES you from within the CHAKRA AREA and hold you attention there.

Are the signs of progress during these pratices SEEING the "CLEAR BRIGHT PRIMORDIAL LIGHT" Emanating from within. This could be a figment of my imagination but it seemed to be to REAL to just dis-miss these IMAGES or VISIONS. As a sincere seeker is it possible to go beyond the GREAT INNER LIGHT or HIGHER SELF from within. What would happen to someone's consciousness if this was indeed was possible amd they went BEYOND. My experiences concerning these is that it seems to almost DIVINE, and has a GREAT STRENGTH which one can feel coursing through your BONES. Does any-one have any suggestions or advice on what I could be experiencing whlist practising this simple technique of meditation?

Read the MAGUS OF JAVA by Kosta Danous recently and my question is regarding this COMMENT "What is the will of HEAVEN", why does an ascended-master like JOHN CHANG refer to the Will of the Heavens. Some clarification on this would be extremely valuable.

Focus on being a student. on trying to learn the lesson everything has to teach you. life mirrors you.

Sorry I'm pissed, can you please direct me to the bar?

first star from the right and then straight on till morning

Edited by phore

"Sorry I'm pissed, can you please direct me to the bar?"

Can you get a Jack Daniels & Coke

Thanks

gosh, no indra! I am so jealous!!

I have been doing something very similiar, but have no been experiencing any super effects. (My spiritual presence is improving, I mean, but I am nto sure if there is a direct link to the practice...)

What I am doing is holding my breath and condensing qi into the dan tien area. (I think it is alot like iron shirt...) but seems to match exactly what you describe. While I certainly do believe that I have positive effects, nothing like what you seem to describe!

Can you tell us more about your practice? how much do you practice? how long have you practiced this technique? do you hold your breath for very long? (sometimes I don't.. I 'listen to my body'...) ..and you know, I don't really concentrate on the prana being very strong. (Maybe that's a big deal??)

anyways I am excited to hear abotu somebody tryign something so similiar, but still a little bit different-- and apparantly even better?

please let me know! :)

findley, what's the extent of your qigong experience? Improper practice can most definitely hurt you. I just dont want to see you screw yourself up, bro :) There's prerequisites you need before concerning yourself with condensing qi in your dantien!

I don't know how to qualitatively/quantitatively gauge my 'previous experience'. -my nei gung is not so structured as to provide me with a resume I can take to fellow practitioners ;)

What are the prerequisites? tell me more about your practice? do you have advice..?

-thank you for your concern :) I'd rather fail and be hurt than not follow through with my experimentation at all. (I think I do do a good job of listening to my body.) -If your concern is genuine, perhaps you will share with me your thoughts and experiences..? ;)

gosh, no indra! I am so jealous!!

I have been doing something very similiar, but have no been experiencing any super effects. (My spiritual presence is improving, I mean, but I am nto sure if there is a direct link to the practice...)

What I am doing is holding my breath and condensing qi into the dan tien area. (I think it is alot like iron shirt...) but seems to match exactly what you describe. While I certainly do believe that I have positive effects, nothing like what you seem to describe!

Can you tell us more about your practice? how much do you practice? how long have you practiced this technique? do you hold your breath for very long? (sometimes I don't.. I 'listen to my body'...) ..and you know, I don't really concentrate on the prana being very strong. (Maybe that's a big deal??)

anyways I am excited to hear abotu somebody tryign something so similiar, but still a little bit different-- and apparantly even better?

please let me know! :)

Okay, well what would you like to know about my practise? My Daily sessions last from between 30 to 45 minutes. Since last year and to be honest I am still going strong. Say for example my techniques GOES like this I imagine breathing in POWERFUL & CLEAR Prana or Chi and hold my attention at the Navel Chakra or in chinese terminology the DANTIEN. Basically breathe this eneregy into DANTIEN. You don't have to hold your breath just place your attention in this AREA.

But holding the breath in the DANTIEN is also very POWERFUL. Personally I would say it is the same. You also need to be objectively observe this energy at your DANTIEN as it some-times does try to communicate. But that's another story.

Seriously don't believe the hype that a PRACTISE is dangerous for your health, it was just told to people for reasons of secrecy and power and to keep ignorant people away.

If your interested in Esoteric Practises I would recoomed some good books below. It clearly details some of the PRACTISES and results of these as well. This should be a good starting point for yourself

(http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Light-Bliss-Mahamudra-Vajrayana/dp/0948006218)

Clear Light of Bliss : The Practice of Mahamudra in Vajrayana Buddhism (Paperback)

(http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Art-Seamm-Jasani-Movements/dp/158542241X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217455088&sr=1-2)

The Secret Art of Seamm Jasani: 58 Movements for Eternal Youth from Ancient Tibet (Paperback)

Okay, well what would you like to know about my practise? My Daily sessions last from between 30 to 45 minutes. Since last year and to be honest I am still going strong. Say for example my techniques GOES like this I imagine breathing in POWERFUL & CLEAR Prana or Chi and hold my attention at the Navel Chakra or in chinese terminology the DANTIEN. Basically breathe this eneregy into DANTIEN. You don't have to hold your breath just place your attention in this AREA.

But holding the breath in the DANTIEN is also very POWERFUL. Personally I would say it is the same. You also need to be objectively observe this energy at your DANTIEN as it some-times does try to communicate. But that's another story.

Seriously don't believe the hype that a PRACTISE is dangerous for your health, it was just told to people for reasons of secrecy and power and to keep ignorant people away.

If your interested in Esoteric Practises I would recoomed some good books below. It clearly details some of the PRACTISES and results of these as well. This should be a good starting point for yourself

(http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Light-Bliss-Mahamudra-Vajrayana/dp/0948006218)

Clear Light of Bliss : The Practice of Mahamudra in Vajrayana Buddhism (Paperback)

(http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Art-Seamm-Jasani-Movements/dp/158542241X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217455088&sr=1-2)

The Secret Art of Seamm Jasani: 58 Movements for Eternal Youth from Ancient Tibet (Paperback)

I remember when I was just learning about this stuff from two teachers.

The biggest thing i realized was when i thought i understood something my understanding was far from correct.

I would like to point out a few things and make it very clear.

Navel Chakra and lower Dan-Tien might be in similar places but they are used for different purposes.

They are not the same.

The Dan Tien also known as in a few traditional practices is called an Elixir Field. Can be used for many different purposes. There are many other references to the Dan Tien being called other things. I'm sure there might even be books that refer to the Dan Tien being the Navel Chakra but this is wrong, or they are using it to explain where the positioning. If the person is mixing up the names thats ok as long as you proper understand what he means by it. For thats the reason we use labels.

In Taoism if you use points on the body for the not intended uses, yes you can most definately hurt yourself. I believe there is a slightly different story about chakras, but I honestly would not be surprised if you can hurt yourself through the chakras. I just never really experienced it or was aware of it happening.

I believe there is even a thread about it different purposes of the Dan Tien.

The way I was taught was just to call it an Energy Field or Energy Center.

(I'm only a mere student just happened to want to share my knowledge in a means of trying to help out)

I've always taken the "the master will appear when the student is ready" statement more as you will gain a realization at the appropriate time. I remember really working on my stepping in taijiquan years back and not getting it until the teacher appeared and I noticed an inch worm going up a limb. I got the insight I needed from that to really understand stepping foreward. Thats how I always took that statement.

I've always taken the "the master will appear when the student is ready" statement more as you will gain a realization at the appropriate time. I remember really working on my stepping in taijiquan years back and not getting it until the teacher appeared and I noticed an inch worm going up a limb. I got the insight I needed from that to really understand stepping foreward. Thats how I always took that statement.

During my practise: I asked the famous ESOTERIC question to the SMALL STILL VOICE WITHIN "When the STUDENT is READY, THE TEACHER SHALL APPEAR" to which it replied "I am your TEACHER" and this has got me thinking and reflecting on this answer. It occurred to me that I am the STUDENT & THE TEACHER at the same time so I got my questions answered by the inner teacher.

During my practise: I asked the famous ESOTERIC question to the SMALL STILL VOICE WITHIN "When the STUDENT is READY, THE TEACHER SHALL APPEAR" to which it replied "I am your TEACHER" and this has got me thinking and reflecting on this answer. It occurred to me that I am the STUDENT & THE TEACHER at the same time so I got my questions answered by the inner teacher.

This is correct. You have learned a great lesson here.