mwight

Is The Official History of Kunlun's Origin Bogus?

With All Respect To Kunluners, I have been hearing a lot of chatter about how Max really re-branded several different practices he learned as kunlun.

Jenny lambs Spontaneous adjustment chi kung, and andrew lum for red phoenix, as well as others.

Any thoughts? If this turns out to be true, maybe kunlun was just a flash in the pan?

From what I understand, "Kunlun" is Max combining Maoshan Pai with Kunlun Shan Pai. Since he learned the spontaneous movement practice (among others) from Jenny Lamb, who teaches Kunlun Shan Pai arts. And he learned the Red Phoenix practice (among others) from Andrew Lum, who taught him Maoshan Pai arts.

The origin isn't bogus, then. :rolleyes: As you can see on Jenny Lamb's website, she teaches Dayan Qigong (Wild Goose) and other practices, which are all part of the Kunlun school, as everyone knows...

From what I understand, "Kunlun" is Max combining Maoshan Pai with Kunlun Shan Pai. Since he learned the spontaneous movement practice (among others) from Jenny Lamb, who teaches Kunlun Shan Pai arts. And he learned the Red Phoenix practice (among others) from Andrew Lum, who taught him Maoshan Pai arts.

The origin isn't bogus, then. :rolleyes: As you can see on Jenny Lamb's website, she teaches Dayan Qigong (Wild Goose) and other practices, which are all part of the Kunlun school, as everyone knows...

Sry.

I haven't really studied kunlun much (I bought the first book) but I remember coming away with the impression that max learned directly from kunlun monks in the kunlun mountains, was struck by lightning and fused his third eye open and in general could do amazing things. The video really unsold me on kunlun after watching it. Kind of like Verdesi's video really unsold me on his masters after watching it also.

Not to be rude but if all max has done is respun other peoples teachings I would rather learn from them than him, and only if they display some degree of real power. Just my $0.02

Edited by mwight

Not to be rude but if all max has done is respun other peoples teachings I would rather learn from them than him, and only if they display some degree of real power. Just my $0.02

PRICELESS!!! :)

Why learn from his teachers when they've given him the okay to teach the techniques himself? :blink: You won't be able to anyways, especially the Maoshan stuff.

By the way, it's rude to contact them and ask about Max. People here have done that in the past, and it's really not cool. I forgot the thread it's in...

Anyway, I don't understand this unconscious kunlun bash fest phenomenon. If there are REAL questions that come from intelligence and honesty, then I'll answer but this just seems like someone's skepticism being turned into something ugly. So why did I even take the time to respond? I guess I'm just a nice and open guy. :rolleyes:

But no more! :ph34r:

By the way, it's rude to contact them and ask about Max. People here have done that in the past, and it's really not cool. I forgot the thread it's in...

But no more! :ph34r:

Eeks, thats rude, rude not only to Max but to his teachers as well! :o

Max and Kunlun are definitely not for everyone. If his book or website rubs you the wrong way, that's a good sign that the practice is not for you.

If you can't drop the subject maybe that's a sign to check out another spontaneous motion neikung system? I've heard an extremely excellent review of Bradford Keeney's system and it is very closely related to the Bushmen style shamanism. I've read his book but didn't really give his CD a good investigation. I'm lending Hundun the CD to see if he or his students can review it for us. If anyone would like to borrow the CD just let Hundun know and we can float it around before sending it back to Degoba.

Sry.

I haven't really studied kunlun much (I bought the first book) but I remember coming away with the impression that max learned directly from kunlun monks in the kunlun mountains, was struck by lightning and fused his third eye open and in general could do amazing things. The video really unsold me on kunlun after watching it. Kind of like Verdesi's video really unsold me on his masters after watching it also.

You can seek them out for study but what you will get is very limited in terms of the juicy stuff. Jenny may teach you the spontaneous form, but Lum Sifu is old school and you would have to prove yourself over many years to get him to open up to you.

Each of them can only give a part though.

It was Max's job to take these things to the world. That is why his many teachers over the years gave him the practices they did. It was his job to bring them together again and create a complete system for attaining the light body.

They knew his destiny, they trusted him to fulfill it and he has. Hopefully you will have a chance to study with him before he is done teaching. He is as powerful of a guy as you will find in my opinion. He'll probably blow your mind.

Sorry if you didn't like the video, but you must understand that there is much I held back in showing you. I was being conservative. How much is too much? Apparently not much, is too much.

From now on maybe we'll just save it for the students.

I am still learning about the "public" thing.

I haven't contacted max's teachers. I heard some rumors and they seem to be confirmed.

I am sure max is a great guy and all I don't mean any offense towards him. It's just I don't think there is anything revolutionary about his system. Sure sitting down and arching your feet so the heel's aren't touching the ground while doing deep breathing and trance meditations helps you feel euphoric energy. Thats a great insight, but something I intuitively knew anyway.

Also I prefer to learn from as close the source as possible in any situation. Ever play the game of "telephone" when you were a child?

You can seek them out for study but what you will get is very limited in terms of the juicy stuff. Jenny may teach you the spontaneous form, but Lum Sifu is old school and you would have to prove yourself over many years to get him to open up to you.

Each of them can only give a part though.

It was Max's job to take these things to the world. That is why his many teachers over the years gave him the practices they did. It was his job to bring them together again and create a complete system for attaining the light body.

They knew his destiny, they trusted him to fulfill it and he has. Hopefully you will have a chance to study with him before he is done teaching. He is as powerful of a guy as you will find in my opinion. He'll probably blow your mind.

Sorry if you didn't like the video, but you must understand that there is much I held back in showing you. I was being conservative. How much is too much? Apparently not much, is too much.

From now on maybe we'll just save it for the students.

I am still learning about the "public" thing.

Mantra,

It's not that I didn't like the video. It's just people falling down shaking don't really sell me on a practice, I could go watch some quakers at church etc. I want to see more of max's glowing abilities on film, or something.

Verdesi's video also unsold me, after I watched one of his masters light fire to a bunch of straw where he obstructed the view of the camera and kept it close to the ground above a storm drain and then *woosh* it catches on fire but your unable to see whats going on underneath the bundle of straw.

It's just I am highly skeptical in nature about anything. In this business you have to be.. You know? My number one goal in life is to ascend, and get the hell out of this world, to be truly free and independent of this flesh prison.

It seems for every one master you hear about there are 1000 frauds, perhaps if I saw max in person and had a chance to meditate and try to feel his energy myself I might be convinced he is legit. If ever comes to the east coast I might.

YWyCCJ6B2WE

Why learn from his teachers when they've given him the okay to teach the techniques himself? :blink: You won't be able to anyways, especially the Maoshan stuff.

By the way, it's rude to contact them and ask about Max. People here have done that in the past, and it's really not cool.

....Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...

geez man you sound like your brainwashed already. many spiritual aspirants, particularly Buddhists trace their spiritual lineage as far back as written history will allow, this includes tracing it from Buddha down and from their teachers up. shouldn't a legitimate path hold up under the light? what has anyone got to be afraid of?

I haven't contacted max's teachers. I heard some rumors and they seem to be confirmed.

I am sure max is a great guy and all I don't mean any offense towards him. It's just I don't think there is anything revolutionary about his system. Sure sitting down and arching your feet so the heel's aren't touching the ground while doing deep breathing and trance meditations helps you feel euphoric energy. Thats a great insight, but something I intuitively knew anyway.

Also I prefer to learn from as close the source as possible in any situation. Ever play the game of "telephone" when you were a child?

Did you ever consider that in these arts the student is supposed to surpass their teacher? How do you know that they have more than he?

Of course, Max would never say that, but then again he is supremely humble.

Even Max considers some of his current students on track to surpass those who came before (himself included).

Also, the spontaneous form offers much more than feeling euphoric. It is the starting point for infinite travel inward and amazing outward manifestations. It is about erasing your path in a way. Cleaning the slate.

The transfer helps a lot. Learning directly from the teacher helps as well.

With All Respect To Kunluners, I have been hearing a lot of chatter about how Max really re-branded several different practices he learned as kunlun.

Jenny lambs Spontaneous adjustment chi kung, and andrew lum for red phoenix, as well as others.

Any thoughts? If this turns out to be true, maybe kunlun was just a flash in the pan?

i think you're right, but i don't think anyone who practices really cares.

there hasn't been a consistent story of the origin of max's study of what he calls kunlun. and the fact that jenny lamb teaches wild goose doesn't substantiate max's claims about his time spent in those mountains studying in kunlun pai.

the storyline discrepancies have been the reason for my inability to fully embrace the practice. i found it all deceitful.

HOWEVER,

i'm learning to get over myself and appreciate max for who he is and what he offers. when i went to the first San Francisco/Mill Valley seminar, i felt totally cheated. i trashed the whole thing, including his transmission. but now i honestly believe that the reason i wasn't impressed with his transmission was because i had already received it before i ever attended the seminar. i connected to his transmission just by focusing on his picture with an open heart, and it immediately revealed itself in my seated meditation as i began to move spontaneously. this occurred about 2 weeks before i attended the seminar, but i was so unsure about whether that was even possible that i dismissed it. now i seem to be able to tap into the transmission of many teachers just by tuning into them, and two nights ago i was looking at pillars of bliss and it happened again, without any intention on my part to receive it.

i'm about as critical as they come, but there is definitely something going on with max. i'm grateful to have met him, and it seems that i get stronger the more i open myself to embracing him.

i don't think i'll ever like the packaging, which includes the dubious, unverifiable history, but no one seems to care about that, and i'm starting to not care that much myself. he could very well have just been a white kid who grew up in a trailor park and discovered that he had a knack for this stuff. actually, that would impress me more. i think i fall into that category myself (except for the whole white thing). but as my pathwork has gotten deeper over these past months, i'm starting to understand the nature of the coyote on a deeper level. i think some of the story can be totally fabricated, and he can STILL be every bit as advanced people believe he is.

so in a nutshell, yes, i think the 'Official Story' (if there is one) is thus far unsubstantiated, but i no longer think it matters as i once did. i don't refer to the practice as kunlun any longer, and that makes it easier for me to embrace it without it conflicting with my rational mind.

but regardless, i give thanks to max and to chris. i'm learning to let go of what really doesn't matter, and in the process i'm getting out of my own way. i'm growing.

maybe this isn't exactly a compliment, but it's something. :rolleyes:

i was wrong to dismiss max in the beginning as a complete fraud. i know that much.

Mantra,

It's not that I didn't like the video. It's just people falling down shaking don't really sell me on a practice, I could go watch some quakers at church etc. I want to see more of max's glowing abilities on film, or something.

Verdesi's video also unsold me, after I watched one of his masters light fire to a bunch of straw where he obstructed the view of the camera and kept it close to the ground above a storm drain and then *woosh* it catches on fire but your unable to see whats going on underneath the bundle of straw.

It's just I am highly skeptical in nature about anything. In this business you have to be.. You know? My number one goal in life is to ascend, and get the hell out of this world, to be truly free and independent of this flesh prison.

It seems for every one master you hear about there are 1000 frauds, perhaps if I saw max in person and had a chance to meditate and try to feel his energy myself I might be convinced he is legit. If ever comes to the east coast I might.

I hear you man. We share the same goal. I can't tell you how far the combination of Kunlun and Red Phoenix will take you. But it usually gives people way more than they thought possible.

I am skeptical too, and I can spot bullsh*t a mile away. That is why I chose to help Max as much as I could. When I realized he was the real thing my search was over.

People react in crazy ways. It just depends on what they've got packed away that needs to come out. You should see one of our seminars. Just when you have seen everything, more weirdness. All good though.

We will try to make it out to the East coast again soon. Maybe October or November.

I would love for you to have the chance to meet him. That is true for everyone, which is why we always offer a free lecture to the public.

Max and Kunlun are definitely not for everyone. If his book or website rubs you the wrong way, that's a good sign that the practice is not for you.

I agree, master Yoda. :ph34r:

Hundy,

The alchemy of the transmission does continue to work over time and everything gets sorted.

Maybe we will see you again, man. I think you might get a lot more out of a second meeting.

Peace,

Chris

So about Max's time in the Kunlun mtns? Of course that's AFTER that Nazis went to Tibet I realize but still maybe you could share a bit for the several people asking about this apparent gap in his training? Thanks Chris (and I used to drive to New Mexico every summer from MN -- staying at Ghost Ranch).

So about Max's time in the Kunlun mtns? Of course that's AFTER that Nazis went to Tibet I realize but still maybe you could share a bit for the several people asking about this apparent gap in his training? Thanks Chris (and I used to drive to New Mexico every summer from MN -- staying at Ghost Ranch).

What are you talking about?

When did Max go to the Kunlun mountains and spend time?

And when did he have a gap in his training? He has been training since he was six.

Also, with your recent racist comments you should not be the one referencing Nazis.

Chris -- those ARE EXCELLENT QUESTIONS you've asked but unfortunately I'm not in a very good position to answer them (despite the fact that I'm sitting in full-lotus)! haha.

OK -- consider this quote from this thread:

the fact that jenny lamb teaches wild goose doesn't substantiate max's claims about his time spent in those mountains studying in kunlun pai.

Now Chris -- I think you're in a good position to clarify this person's obvious confusion about this part of Max's origins of Kunlun. The same mystery was referenced a second time -- I think in this thread as well -- and still no clarification on your part?!

I'm guessing he was in the "mountains" but just not the Kunlun mountains.. maybe the mountains of New Mexico? Or.. there's a hell of a lot of mountains in the world (just not in Minnesota!) haha.

Don't worry I won't call you a "stupid white male" since that would be racist to refer to someone's alleged skin color. haha.

But this does remind me of the Jesus in Asia stories....

Did Max train in the CUMBERLAND GAP perhaps? that would explain a few things.

Yeah -- here's the SECOND REFERENCE:

I remember coming away with the impression that max learned directly from kunlun monks in the kunlun mountains, was struck by lightning and fused his third eye open and in general could do amazing things.

Edited by drew hempel

Max is definetly "outside the box". I mean, the traditional aspect may be there but as those of us on the Kunlun forum are learning there is alot more to Max than his Taoist lineage.

The transmissions I recieved from Max in the workshops I have taken have definetly had a permentant life changing effect. I know what Max offers goes beyond the techniqe because I can stop practice for days or weeks and still feel the magnetic current very powerfully. I don't think this would be the case from just doing the practice alone.

I think Max has mentioned several times that these practices come from an older root that got seperated and he put them back together. He has even mentioned they go back pre-Taoism to the School of Anubis in ancient Egypt that he was "connected" to.

I agree to a point there have been inconsistencies here and there. I think probably part of this is Chris and Max just don't or can't talk about certain things publically. I don't know the whole scope of the situation so just have to trust they know what they are doing. Max has opened up to us more on the private discussion and though it is exciting to most students some students find the lineage kind of wierd.

I just look at the results I guess. Whether my experiences come from Kunlun or Mao Shan or outer space I trust will be revealed to me in time :)

i don't think i'll ever like the packaging, which includes the dubious, unverifiable history, but no one seems to care about that, and i'm starting to not care that much myself.

Max should drop the packaging but for some reason I think he plays very little part in its creation.