Sign in to follow this  
findley

Something new to 'live through'

:)

As I get more and more into my practice, I am starting to realize that I can again 'live through' a 'new me'. It is as if I have 'empowered' my 'soul' enough to the point where I can dwell in it-- instead of in my head or body. I like to think of this as buddha...

For example, I feel the energy I have cultivated, dwelling mainly in my chest, and merely experience my body, mind, and senses. (As to say that I am not my body, mind, or senses.. but rather this energy.

I like to think of this dwelling in the spirit as genuine zazen.

What do you guys think of this experience? Anyone feel what I am talking about..?

The other day I met a fellow who said his kundalini burst while he was in a sense-deprivation tank. I mentioned this to him, and he said, 'no, do not dwell in it. be present, absolutely present in your body!' 'do not start dwelling in a second self.'

I even told him that I thought it was buddha. <_< I don't know what to think. I'm going to do it anyways, though, see if it really gets me anywhere.

actually, I think that this will be key to 'opening' me up to the cosmos.

I need to do it more.

thanks guys !!!

:)

As I get more and more into my practice, I am starting to realize that I can again 'live through' a 'new me'. It is as if I have 'empowered' my 'soul' enough to the point where I can dwell in it-- instead of in my head or body. I like to think of this as buddha...

For example, I feel the energy I have cultivated, dwelling mainly in my chest, and merely experience my body, mind, and senses. (As to say that I am not my body, mind, or senses.. but rather this energy.

I like to think of this dwelling in the spirit as genuine zazen.

What do you guys think of this experience? Anyone feel what I am talking about..?

The other day I met a fellow who said his kundalini burst while he was in a sense-deprivation tank. I mentioned this to him, and he said, 'no, do not dwell in it. be present, absolutely present in your body!' 'do not start dwelling in a second self.'

I even told him that I thought it was buddha. <_< I don't know what to think. I'm going to do it anyways, though, see if it really gets me anywhere.

actually, I think that this will be key to 'opening' me up to the cosmos.

I need to do it more.

thanks guys !!!

Yes i know what you mean, it happens to me too, well at least in a similar way. It's like you are aware of you being aware, another level of mindfulness. The problem is that it's very difficult to maintain in regular situations, it seems i can keep the sensation just in quiet places while i'm being mindful/in the present or during meditation, of course.

Yeah, that is something I am trying to break. :) I would like to be able to 'slip into' it instantaneously.

I have a feeling that the more I 'dwell in the soul', the stronger it will get.

The hardest part is disassociating from the mind. Sometimes I fool myself into thinking I am 'dwelling in the soul', but in fact am still tangled up in my mind.

What I need to do is 'center' my consciousness into my chest, and though feel as if I am 'looking up' at my mind from my chest, (observing the mind from the heart.)

-And also, be sure to bring down excess energy (from the orbit and kundalini excercises,) from my head back down. If I have alot of energy in the head, then it becomes much more difficult to disassociate from it. In fact almost impossible. I HAVE to bring that energy back down...

...but I am trying to keep enough energy up in my head so my brain and stuff adapts to the 'higher voltage' or whatever. :unsure: I guess I can do both. ...Maybe I can learn to bring down that excess energy in my head really quickly. If I could move around large volumes of energy quickly and efficiently, I wouldn't have any problems centering my conciousness into my chest.

thank you, passanger :)

http://www.albigen.com/uarelove/ My favorite "meditation" technique. Very powerful and direct. It seems like it'd be good for you.

Also, check out the book "After the Ecstacy, the Laundry" by Jack Kornfield. It's good to make spiritual progress while having clean clothes. :P

And I know you're interested in kunlun so, go for it!

Enjoy B)

Yeah the book is kinda ridiculous, but the method...simply being aware of awareness, is the most profound method of meditation I've ever come across...if you can practice it correctly. The books instructions are fairly good, but it takes some time and ingenuity as well. And of course, the extremely intense desire for liberation! :lol:

Yeah the book is kinda ridiculous, but the method...simply being aware of awareness, is the most profound method of meditation I've ever come across...if you can practice it correctly. The books instructions are fairly good, but it takes some time and ingenuity as well. And of course, the extremely intense desire for liberation! :lol:

I knew about this AWA book and Ramana Maharshi meditation for some time. The problem is that it seems like a personality disorder if you understand it in the wrong way. It's easy to fall on the awareness watching awareness watching awareness watching awareness....etc, haha.

But once you "get it" it's really the most profound meditation i've tried. It's like you are really experiencing the real self, similar to mindfulness but without the effort of keeping focus. Maybe it's just mindfulness done perfectly.

I mostly do metta, vipassana and samatha styles of meditation, i guess i will have to do more of this, perhaps i'm not really ready to experience the self, so i tend to procrastinate this method.

Yeah it's not a philosophy to adopt. Then you have people going around saying, "I'm enlightened, I'm not the body or the thoughts!" While still hugely functioning as the body with thoughts. :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this