Sign in to follow this  
phore

meditations for manifesting

Ive decided to use the meditation from the cd meditations for manifesting by wayne dyer

anyone had any experience with this particular meditation or wayne dyer in general. i personally love his stuff.

its basically two meditations one for the morning one for the night

morning meditation uses the ah mantra (name of god)

you focus on your desire at the base of your spine and as you say the mantra you raise the desire through the chakras and out the third eye.

evening meditation uses the ohm mantra

you focus on cultivation of thankfulness

i also practice kunlun every morning. i dont really see the ah meditation as a kundalini practice, but the energy does travel up the spine (the opposite of kunlun energy). so i am faced with a decision. do i A)practice the ah meditation directly after kunlun, or B)switch and do the ohm in the morning and ah at night. or C)start practicing kunlun at night instead of the morning (liking this idea since i prefer to practice at night).

do you think that switching the time of day of the ohm and ah will affect the effectiveness of this method.

my insight into the meditations is that the ah technique is a yang form of manifestation and the ohm technique is a yin form. then obviously day is yang and night is yin.

Edited by phore

Ive decided to use the meditation from the cd meditations for manifesting by wayne dyer

anyone had any experience with this particular meditation or wayne dyer in general. i personally love his stuff.

its basically two meditations one for the morning one for the night

morning meditation uses the ah mantra (name of god)

you focus on your desire at the base of your spine and as you say the mantra you raise the desire through the chakras and out the third eye.

evening meditation uses the ohm mantra

you focus on cultivation of thankfulness

i also practice kunlun every morning. i dont really see the ah meditation as a kundalini practice, but the energy does travel up the spine (the opposite of kunlun energy). so i am faced with a decision. do i A)practice the ah meditation directly after kunlun, or B)switch and do the ohm in the morning and ah at night. or C)start practicing kunlun at night instead of the morning (liking this idea since i prefer to practice at night).

do you think that switching the time of day of the ohm and ah will affect the effectiveness of this method.

my insight into the meditations is that the ah technique is a yang form of manifestation and the ohm technique is a yin form. then obviously day is yang and night is yin.

Manifestation is a big joke, seems to be more like a marketers ploy. Maybe there are eastern thoughts and schools based in these techniques. Find it hard to believe in something which guarantees something without any work involved from your part. Taken from the most esoteric teaching on this planet "god helps those who help themselves"

Manifestation is a big joke, seems to be more like a marketers ploy. Maybe there are eastern thoughts and schools based in these techniques. Find it hard to believe in something which guarantees something without any work involved from your part. Taken from the most esoteric teaching on this planet "god helps those who help themselves"

I don't think manifestation and law of attraction is totally bullshit. But it is put in a nice looking, newagey, fluffy bunny who-haa package.

The thing is that people do have a lot of baggage, or what C G Jung called the shadow, all the unwanted thing we have put down in the depths of the subconscious/unconscious processes. This shadow is also doing its part in "manifesting".

This is why most people don't succeed in utilizing LOA to the maximum. They think if they only change the tip of the ice-berg they will have, happy successful and abundant lives.

But you have to take care of business, clear out your "dramas" .

So if you want to attract good things, you must face your dark side. (not evil)

This is though only a opinion but I lean to this model of thinking right now.

//john

the basic theory of manifestation and how it relates to taoism as far as i can tell is as follows:

Taoist creation theory

first there was nothing (void, creative force)

then there was the one thing (love, tao, consciousness, creative force with form)

the one thing split into the two things (polarized into the yin and yang chi or energy)

the two things split into the 10000 things (entire universe is made up of the interplay of opposites or yin and yang energy)

taoists usually have a holistic (everything is one thing, oneness with the universe) view of the universe (man is a microcosm of the universe). there is also the principle that life mirrors you (called vibration in new age manifestation) example:if someone interrupts my meditation it is usually because my mind was wandering unchecked.

this means that if you can change a part in the macrocosm the microcosm will follow, or likewise if you can change a part in the microcosm the macrocosm will follow. most people spend their entire lives trying to change the macrocosm so that the microcosm will follow (environmental movement, charity, attending church). manifestation takes the opposite approach: changing the microcosm (self) so that the macrocosm(universe) will follow. this is expressed in the taoist concept of action through inaction, or the idea that the greatest thing a man can do to help others is to improve himself.

the macrocosm is smaller so it is easier to make changes to (turning on a light by flipping a switch instead of building a fire, leverage in martial arts instead of brute force)

"Find it hard to believe in something which guarantees something without any work involved from your part. Taken from the most esoteric teaching on this planet "god helps those who help themselves" "

the trick is to work smarter not harder.

Edited by phore

I don't think manifestation and law of attraction is totally bullshit. But it is put in a nice looking, newagey, fluffy bunny who-haa package.

The thing is that people do have a lot of baggage, or what C G Jung called the shadow, all the unwanted thing we have put down in the depths of the subconscious/unconscious processes. This shadow is also doing its part in "manifesting".

This is why most people don't succeed in utilizing LOA to the maximum. They think if they only change the tip of the ice-berg they will have, happy successful and abundant lives.

But you have to take care of business, clear out your "dramas" .

So if you want to attract good things, you must face your dark side. (not evil)

This is though only a opinion but I lean to this model of thinking right now.

//john

totally agree

anyways i practiced the meditation

it seemed pretty powerful

I forgot to mention that i have also practiced the aahhh meditation and have nothing but positive things to say about it!! I like making sounds, and sounds do seem to have have powerful effects.

Just check out cymatics -the study of wave phenomena. there is a lot of cool videos of the sound effects on youtube of you search cymatics

//john

Years ago, Your Erroneous Zones really helped me out. Showed me where my thought processes were making my life miserable. Several years after reading Zones I picked up a newer Dwyer book and it didn't resonate with me at all; never finished it. Haven't paid much attention to his work at all since. However I must credit the man for the help he provided at a very difficult period in my life.

Sign in to follow this