Sign in to follow this  
abramelin

Eastern secret societies

In the western occult tradition there has been a tradition of secret societies or societies with secret such as the freemasons.

I started thinking about how that I have never heard of a eastern secret society, is it that the western atmosphere against certain tradition made it a necessity to hide it?

I am not talking about certain masters revealing new exercises when the student was ready, I am wondering if there is any organized teaching schools on a wider scale that has/is secretive in their nature.

In my opinion there has been more openness in the east(I am generalizing, I know) regarding different tradition of the more esoteric aspects of the universe. If you wanted to be a part of them you became a monk and there was not so much hush hush about thing.

Is this the case or am I being totally ignorant?

//john

In the western occult tradition there has been a tradition of secret societies or societies with secret such as the freemasons.

I started thinking about how that I have never heard of a eastern secret society, is it that the western atmosphere against certain tradition made it a necessity to hide it?

I am not talking about certain masters revealing new exercises when the student was ready, I am wondering if there is any organized teaching schools on a wider scale that has/is secretive in their nature.

In my opinion there has been more openness in the east(I am generalizing, I know) regarding different tradition of the more esoteric aspects of the universe. If you wanted to be a part of them you became a monk and there was not so much hush hush about thing.

Is this the case or am I being totally ignorant?

//john

To my knowledge most of the real esoteric schools are still secret and most of them are still in the East, I would say 99% of them. Some of them are actually hidden within another form of organisation. Let's say you want to learn about a certain type of method that is both rare and hidden and somehow you find the place. That knowledge could be carried by only certain individuals and even if they are part of a monastery the rest of the monks will never be told about that and so even if you asked around they just don't know about its existence. Some knowledge can be transmitted only to a certain level of being of a man. So even if they tried to give it to you - if you are not there yet you can't get it etc... Real knowledge is both limited and rare. Sometimes you can run into it by accident or maybe Karma/good luck what have you, so there is a chance. On the other hand esoteric BS is everywhere and can take any form and is even extremely contagious so if you stick around this forum and you keep your eyes opened you'll see a lot of it....Occasionally though, there's some very good stuff even here...

All secret societies are mind-jobs. Working it out is an individual thing. All I can do is point. Pretty much everything about our modern Ssociety is an error.

Good luck.

Most of the esoteric teaching in China, I would say, would be in the form of secret societies. Certainly all of the higher-level martial training has been, for a long time. Some of it may be very informal, some more formal, but there are scads of "secret societies" in China, some more secret than others, some so secret than no one but the practitioners really know much about them. Some of them are pretty "good", some really "evil", and plenty in-between. Ego and personal-level politics nearly always play a part in things. I was a regular student of an extremely high level martial practitioner of a secret system for several years, but I kind of got tired of the whole ego bit and stopped attending class. The guy really is amazing, he has skills of the "kill without touching" level, but there's still ego there, which did surprise me.

WOW..."kill without touching"...means the ability to disturb someone's energy from distance...thats one of the ultimate levels I think...but lets ask to ourselves this question...if we attain such level...would we easily teach that knowledge publicly or even to few?....I'd certainly not teach that, untill I'll be sure of the way that student will use it...and to be sure of someone takes years.

As for Freemasonry...its not secret organisation, but has its secrets within...we all know there are books which are freely sold and even can be found free online....and personally I find Freemasonry and qigong principles very close to each other.

and personally I find Freemasonry and qigong principles very close to each other.

How so? Just curious.

How so? Just curious.

If you search for any picture of freemasonry temple or so...you'll see that there are two pillars...on left and right...the left one has the symbol of universe...and the right has the planet earth pictured....we all know that when we meditate or do our chi gung exercises...we get energy from the sky( universe)...and that energy is yang, warm energy and it resembles the male....and the yin, cool energy from the earth and it symbolizes the female....so when we meditate these two energies combine in our body....they also say that both pillars are the base in freemasonry...plus they say everything in the universe is connected to each other....if we take this to energy level...all beings, be that matter or non-matter and living beings are connected.

I have seen a symbol in freemasonry books which is called David's star....lets apply that on us....feet, hands spread sides or upwards and the head....I've seen such posture in chi gung exercises.

These are the similarities that I see...may be there are more similarities.

Am sorry if I did some linguistic mistakes...its 2:30AM and I was going offline...but saw the reply and wanted to reply before going for sleep.

Good night to all

Dr Harout, look up Flower of life tell me what you see!? :)

I'm afraid that will not be able to interprete, and mostly my interpretation will be wrong...but I see glaxies, stars and the connection of everything to each other...it would be very nice if you enlighten me more.

Thanks alot.

I'm afraid that will not be able to interprete, and mostly my interpretation will be wrong...but I see glaxies, stars and the connection of everything to each other...it would be very nice if you enlighten me more.

That's cool just drop the duality. Of course Castor and Pollux (Jachin and Boaz) have an esoteric meaning but it's subtle. Lets just say that it's the interplay of the two that creates the 'pillar of light'. But hey some people like to think they're fucking clever!

chp_triangle.jpg

maslow.gif

Edited by Patrick Brown

Thank you Patrick, the meaning may be esoteric to those who don't have an idea of chi gung, but to those who have the idea and are practicing their chi gung, the meaning stops to be esoteric.

Chi Gung is the ultimate science and art, and I thank God everyday for having chance to practice chi gung exercises.

In Dan Millman's books he sometimes mentions a secret school in Japan that you find when you are ready for it. Does anyone have any idea what he is talking about?

What are freemason's cultivation techniques? Symbols wont get you too far, which is where the West is stuck, (in my opinion) admiring symbols like children looking at picture books, thinking fancifully of far off enemies and goodguys.

Edited by de_paradise

What are freemason's cultivation techniques? Symbols wont get you too far, which is where the West is stuck, (in my opinion) admiring symbols like children looking at picture books, thinking fancifully of far off enemies and goodguys.

Well I'm not a mason so I wouldn't know if they had any cultivation techniques. I think all the understanding and symbolism does 'point' but I figure spontaneous enlightenment is probably rare. I figure for most people it's a gradual awakening and even then many people still miss the point.

If you want eastern secret societies, they are all criminal organizations now. China got rid of the religious ones, eradicated them all by 1955.

There are still some sufi societies in the middle east.

Sign in to follow this