Sign in to follow this  
Ascalon

New guy on the block

Hay everyone :) . I'm just introducing myself and saying my hellos. My name is Nate, and I've been interested in the martial arts for many years. I was always interested in the combat aspect of martial arts, but I always sought something deeper as well. Eventually I was introduced to the Chineese internal martial arts, which led me to me own sort of spiritual journey, and I have been learning more ever since. I hope to be able to learn from you guys, and maybe even find some nice people locally with the same interests :) .

Hay everyone :) . I'm just introducing myself and saying my hellos. My name is Nate, and I've been interested in the martial arts for many years. I was always interested in the combat aspect of martial arts, but I always sought something deeper as well. Eventually I was introduced to the Chineese internal martial arts, which led me to me own sort of spiritual journey, and I have been learning more ever since. I hope to be able to learn from you guys, and maybe even find some nice people locally with the same interests :) .

Hey Nate

How's it goin'?

What kind of martial arts are you playing with?

Where is "locally" found for you?

Hope you have fun here,

some strangly interesting folks here!

:D

Stay well!

Shon

Hey Nate

How's it goin'?

What kind of martial arts are you playing with?

Where is "locally" found for you?

Hope you have fun here,

some strangly interesting folks here!

Stay well!

Shon

Hi there :). I've never officially practiced any arts under a teacher. Never did karate because I knew i wanted something deeper than that. Then I wanted to try Bagua for the longest, but couldn't find a place to learn. I started doing Chi Gung myself last year from books and videos. I learned a lot, got a hold of Bruce Frantzis's chi gung book, and the practice went well. I'm more partial to the spritual/shen side of these arts, always have been, so I've been focused more on meditation and such than the physical movements. I had an off spell, but I'm getting back into it lately :) .

I live in San Diego btw.

Hi there :). I've never officially practiced any arts under a teacher. Never did karate because I knew i wanted something deeper than that. Then I wanted to try Bagua for the longest, but couldn't find a place to learn. I started doing Chi Gung myself last year from books and videos. I learned a lot, got a hold of Bruce Frantzis's chi gung book, and the practice went well. I'm more partial to the spritual/shen side of these arts, always have been, so I've been focused more on meditation and such than the physical movements. I had an off spell, but I'm getting back into it lately :) .

I live in San Diego btw.

Cool.

Nice to meet you!

i got into martial arts from the meditation/energetic side of things.

Had found there was a need for some physical practice to go with the energetic stuff!

Used to do a lot of yoga and stuff once upon a time

but ran into some stuff that made it not possible for me to peruse any longer.

eventually ended up finding tai chi and found love!

Bagua is AWSOME!!!

If you find someone that can do it well you should go and sit in on some classes,

even if you don't decide to do it yourself

It is incredible to watch someone that can do it well!

Beautiful! ... and deadly? LOL.

The shen side of things is what intrigues me,too.

Watched my teacher for a number of years (as well as others) to see that was a focus

for himself and his students.

What ultimately impressed me wasn't him or them

but the effects that the students had

on there families and the folks in their lives.

That was more important than what the art was at the time.

That and the teacher had to understand energetics.

My first questions for him were based on shen and energetics :)

If I can "see" it or feel it, I won't believe it at all!

It's been so cool being around others that share your same language

and that you can bounce ideas off of!

Hope you find some of that here!

Ask questions always!

and have fun!

Stay well,

Shon

Ps. um? ... oh and ... i tend to ramble whan i'm tired, sorry!

Sign in to follow this