Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

my channels, taiji progress, and possible additions

before I started taiji(and i've only been in it for about a month and a half), I could not circulate in my microcosmic orbit as Mantak Chia instructs. Now it's easy as pie.

As of now my training is:

4 sets of 25 knuckle pushups

3 sets of as many pullups as I can do, with perineum/foot meditation in between sets(allows for more muscle work, and easily get twenty minutes of rooting)

I-chuan drills

standing

taiji form

Should I additionally work with my microcosmic orbit?

i'm also going to start working on my core muscles like abs, starting tomorrow.

I could easily incorporate a set of yoga for root chakra and hamstring + kua flexibility/stength.

What do you think of these possible additions.

It might also be interesting to people thinking about starting taijiquan that I leave every session with a peace of mind and blissful smooth mindedness.

Edited by Pranaman

before I started taiji(and i've only been in it for about a month and a half), I could not circulate in my microcosmic orbit as Mantak Chia instructs. Now it's easy as pie.

There are many different variations of microcosmic orbit. I'm personally not a fan of the way Mantak Chia chooses his words to describe lots of things. At least with a lot of the meterial out on the internet and so forth. What exactly do you mean that now it's easy as pie... I do understand the referance is based on the previous sentance.

I could not circulate in my microcosmic orbit as Mantak Chia instructs.

What exactly do you mean in more detail when you verbalize the meaning its easy as pie to circulate your microcosmic orbit?

Should I additionally work with my microcosmic orbit?

Depends on exactly your understanding of the the Microcosmic Orbit is.

Editing to add: MCO (Microcosmic Orbit) is definately something that you should only practice with a instructer. I would go so far to claim only to practice with such things with a Lineage holder also guidance, and teachings.

Edited by WhiteTiger

i couldn't run energy through my MCO, now I can without the struggle I initially.

any thoughts on the other work I'm thinking about using?

As of now my training is:

4 sets of 25 knuckle pushups

3 sets of as many pullups as I can do, with perineum/foot meditation in between sets(allows for more muscle work, and easily get twenty minutes of rooting)

I-chuan drills

standing

taiji form

Good progress. Keep it up. An alternating menu o f warmup sets is nice. Remember to stretch out anything that feels tight.

If you have the time to do this set routinely I would focus on continuity of practice first and add / subtract from the formula as you settle into your routine.

If your running an mco do it after your routine or better yet in sync w/ whatever your daily cycle. It's best to practice abdominal breathing at this point until the sensation of heat is experienced in tan tien, then proceed. No force is needed, keep the attention on the breath, the idea or imagination is an empti lense clearly focused.

Train smarter, rest deeper, again good work.

Dave

Sign in to follow this