mwight

What Does Yin Energy Feel Like? How Do You Cultivate it?

It seems the group here is in consensus that if you can feel energy inside of you during meditation its most definitely yang. I remember from the magus of java, that kosta compared yin energy to feel like fullness inside your body. I have been trying to work more with yin and wondering if anyone here has any experience with it, what it feels like, effective ways to gather it etc. Any input is much appreciated.

Edited by mwight

i believe that running the microcosmic orbit backwards runs yin energy.

you could also absorb energy from the earth, it is yin. try imagining roots running deep into the earth and energy flowing upward into you

kunlun is a yin practice

We do constantly take in Yin and Yang energy, the same as when you are cultivating otherwise we all be dead or very ill!

I have something for you come on MSN!

Edited by Wun Yuen Gong
  • Like 1

Stay centered upon the Tau,... ying and yang will come into balance without the need to specifically cultivate one or the other.

• Like 1

editing because i put the wrong qoute...

We do constantly take in Yin and Yang energy, the same as when you are cultivating otherwise we all be dead or very ill!

Agreed!

But i would like to point out I used to do a practice where you take in what was taught to me as taking in Yang and letting out Yin... But the way my teacher explained it to me which i can not tell weather she was manipulating me with this or not, you take in all, and you let out the stale.

When i say stale qi i mean it like river not flowing is stale water. Its bad. Stale water represents not moving or no cultivation often times its seen as Dying, or Death.

I mean often times its seen as (represented as such...) dying or something that is dead.

Edited by WhiteTiger
  • Like 1

Do quiet Wuji or any other standing stance on the ground (preferably barefoot) and use your intention to absorb Yin energy coming from Earth thorugh your yongquan points to the kidney, then circulate it through the macroscomic orbit channels and sent it back to Earth. Do that several times and finish by gathering chi in your lower tantien.

Good luck.

• Like 1

It seems the group here is in consensus that if you can feel energy inside of you during meditation its most definitely yang. I remember from the magus of java, that kosta compared yin energy to feel like fullness inside your body. I have been trying to work more with yin and wondering if anyone here has any experience with it, what it feels like, effective ways to gather it etc. Any input is much appreciated.

train at night, some time between 11pm and 1am. outside. barefoot. static postures. for starters try 4 gates breathing where you're drinking in the earth through you lao gong and yong quan points. you already have a measure of development, so i would suggest that you allow the energy to collect where it naturally tends to collect. it may not be the lower dantien, but when in doubt the lower dantien is fine. be open to learning organically from the practice.

the feel of yin will be self-evident. and if you've never worked with it, it could feel a tad disorienting. just go with it.

i don't do much yin practice in the summer, but that's just me. see what speaks to you. there are plenty of ways to cultivate yin, but first establish a connection with it.

EDIT:

okay, i should probably acknowledge the kunlun practice here. i think it's a good way to connect with yin energy, and i think you'll recognize the obvious relation between what you feel when doing the kunlun practice and what you feel at night, barefoot, out doors, drinking in the earth. the kunlun practice just might be a good way to accelerate yin cultivation.

Edited by Hundun

Thanks everyone. I am pretty sure I am working with yin to some degree, but I have heard many times the "if you can feel it, its not yin" mantra being pounded out here in the forums. More than anything I just wanted opinions. Thanks

Thanks everyone. I am pretty sure I am working with yin to some degree, but I have heard many times the "if you can feel it, its not yin" mantra being pounded out here in the forums. More than anything I just wanted opinions. Thanks

there's some truth to that statement. most of the time what you feel is either the physical body or the yang energy responding to yin.

shaolin wanham has a spontaneous natural flow standing practice that they call 'flowing breeze, swaying willow.' it's very good at inducing strong yin. when your body starts moving, swaying, shaking, or whatever, you can't really feel the energy that's making it happen. you kind of feel like a Ouija board (that's the only way i can think to describe it :rolleyes: ). you DO feel the active yang energy, but that's not what's moving you.

do some night training. extend your inhalations so that they are longer than your exhalations. and don't try to 'feel' anything. just surrender as you drink with your entire body. just by trying to 'feel' you may end up stimulating yang current, so just let go. gratitude helps.

Edited by Hundun

extend your inhalations so that they are longer than your exhalations.

That sounds interesting. Got to try it next time! Ive allways found the in-breath the hardest to regulate.

Does longer inhalations bring more yin and longer exhalation bring more yang?

That sounds interesting. Got to try it next time! Ive allways found the in-breath the hardest to regulate.

Does longer inhalations bring more yin and longer exhalation bring more yang?

yup.

:)

but there are deeper yin cultivation techniques that are far more powerful. this is a good place to start, though.

Edited by Hundun

this is so interesting, i always thought the yin and yang was relative and subjective in he end.

when I stand still in zhan shuang at first I feel yang, when I start to feel weightless in that same stance and I feel Yin.

When I punch I feel yang, but when my fingers breathe I feel Yin.

But today I found Voluspa old norse poem that said "the moon, he.. and the sun, she..." eh?

cool!

wonderful. neverending world of surprises. at least for me.

• Like 1

.03c Tip:

The second stage of long breathing practice is to elongate the top and bottom of the changeover in hope of breathing for real.

Man Everything Never Tingles Holier Over Length

Get it you puzzle slayers? U code breakers?

Merkay waters settle to reveal thep layers.

Surfing breaks between shadow and light.

Life language from deep within. Without.

In to much is not enough. Scout.

Enough is too much. Shout.

Gifts are at foot. Route.

Handle gently. Sprout.

this is so interesting, i always thought the yin and yang was relative and subjective in he end.

when I stand still in zhan shuang at first I feel yang, when I start to feel weightless in that same stance and I feel Yin.

When I punch I feel yang, but when my fingers breathe I feel Yin.

But today I found Voluspa old norse poem that said "the moon, he.. and the sun, she..." eh?

cool!

wonderful. neverending world of surprises. at least for me.

Yin extreme can aslo Burn so who knows what we percieve as Yang Chi and Yin Chi!

Sometimes opposites attract and you may form emptiness which is where it all lies, Rerturn back to this my friend!!!

Is it possible that different systems of cultivation refer to different things when they talk about yin and yang chi? One type of chi may have active and passive qualities, but there may be other kinds, utilizing other fundamental forces. It seems possible to me that different groups are referring to different aspects of energy as 'yin chi' and 'yang chi', and people navigating between would simply be stuck with a confusion of words.

Is it possible that different systems of cultivation refer to different things when they talk about yin and yang chi? One type of chi may have active and passive qualities, but there may be other kinds, utilizing other fundamental forces. It seems possible to me that different groups are referring to different aspects of energy as 'yin chi' and 'yang chi', and people navigating between would simply be stuck with a confusion of words.

Not only is it possible, it is the way it is. The reality of the world of ten thousand things is full of deception, the Tao continuously reminds us that the Tao that is described is not the eternal Tao.

The allegorical story of the destruction of the tower of Babel is a universal metaphor that explains this.

The Truth is beyond words and so one can only ever encourage others to find out 'what and 'who' they really are!

The allegorical story of Jesus throwing out the money changers from the temple is explained thus.

Jesus taught "know ye not that you are temples of the living God".

Your bodies are the incarnate spirit of the transcendent oneness, and to abuse it in the temporary pursuit of money and respect in this world is gross ignorance.

Agreed! It than comes down to understanding the proper catagories of Qi, than Yin Qi, and Yang Qi. than it turns into something more confusing... having to do with Wu Xing chart. Of course don't forget about the 8 trigrams and don't forget about the Hexagrams.

Cross ups wring across, count each words cost.

An unmistakable kiss, tasting that boss frost.

Small enough to miss, long enough yet lost.

Edited by Spectrum

be sure dilly willy.

BECK ; "Modern guilt wont get me to bed".

Edited by rain

for my 100th post I will give you a free secret that I paid almost one thousands dollars to learn. Well, I paid that money to learn nei gung for my spine but I ended up learning this along with everything else.

Yin energy cultivation. Why you would want it.

You want Yin energy because you have convinced yourself for whatever reason, that you do not have enough.

or

you just want to learn everything there possibly is know about chi and to do that, you need a concrete knowledge of yin chi, what it is, how to get it, how to feel it etc

in other words

curiosity

there have been said a few things that could help

breathing into your palms and soles while extending the inhale, yea that will do something

if you want real yin energy and you want control of it than you have to work really hard

yang energy is vastly easier to cultivate until...until you know the trick to yin energy

to understand yin energy look really carefully at image of black holes and galaxies.

look carefully at the spiral in a flower as it opens and closes itself

look carefully at the small whirlpools that come and go in a swiftly running river

look carefully at the coil of a snail shell or a snake

now ask your self

how do you swallow?

how do you eat?

how do you hold your bladder?

how do you hold back flatulence?

what is the nature of a sphincter?

look at the mechanism of your own anus with a mirror

ask yourself, how do I blink?

how does the blood flow at all?

how do you inhale?

how do you pucker your lips or suck fluid through a straw?

all of that is yin manifest

suddenly it will become amazingly clear like in the movie Pi

the spiral is everywhere and runs everything

look at a tornado as it lifts a house (footage on youtube)

how?

there are several practices I know that will cultivate yin

reverse breathing with long inhales

closing the body cavities with intent

sucking water through a tube into your bowel or colon deliberately

the roll back posture of tai chi

the sinking of the elbows in hsin yi

clockwise circle walking

yin is gravity

it is a sinking pulling withdrawing softening sucking sensation in the body

it can be cool to feel it

it is absorbing chi

the bone breathing process, on the inhale and inward spiral is a yin practice

breathing inward into your skin from every direction is yin cultivation

last winter, end of 07 beginning of 08 or something there was a thread about sexual practices or something where I talked about tantra, energy vampirism, anal sex and a bunch of other weird shit

I said that in order to be penetrated pleasantly you must surrender your body inward into yourself and literally allow it to happen at an energetic level, with practice you can facilitate it and even draw a phallus into yourself just by sucking it into your body

you can drain a male of his yang energy easily if you keep him like that

its like a black hole eating a sun

if you do it right you can make a lover weak in the entire body for a time.

you can cultivate yin in sex, sitting, breathing, chi gung, nei gung, tai chi and ba gua

you can pull someone off their root in push hands with it very gently or strongly

you can feel it in the tide when you are knee deep in the ocean and it pulls you almost off your feet as it goes out

the yin phases of tai chi are perhaps the best way to get it from an all in one point of view

that is what yin is, how you get it and what you can do with it

ok 3:58 am in SF.. time to go do some standing outside in the park..bbl to chat more bums

Edited by SFJane
  • Like 4

One evening I attended a qigong healing session in a small flat run by a chinese man and his wife.Hands down he was the healhtiest looking human I have ever seen absoutely radiated energy,really cooked the room.After a couple intresting hours it was time to leave, upon walking out the door I accidently rubbed shoulders with his wife.

I can only describe the sensation of being in contact with her as complete envelopement. Her softness seemed without end.My body felt as though it been sucked into black hole.

Instantly I realized two things

The candle is no match for the candle stick holder

And know the male but cling to the female.

that is what yin is, how you get it and what you can do with it

Thank you for another interesting post SF Jane :) .

In reference to Mo Pai neigong, yin chi is something different. I expect each school has its own terminology for yin chi.

How to get it, what it feels like, etc. I don't want to comment on. My views about studying with a good teacher I have already commented on more than once. Also, in reference to the Mo Pai, I absolutely do not want to encourage ANYONE to try the neigong method.

Best,

Mike