Vigilant3

Portable Video Game

I noticed there was as taoist music thread, and I thought maybe it was somewhat relevant to post a taoist video game that I think everyone should really try. Ok so it's not taoist per se, but I challenge someone to play the game first hand and tell me they don't feel spiritually at peace somehow.

The game is called "WordJong". It is a combination of MahJong and Scrabble. It is for play on the Nintendo DS, and i'm not sure of other platforms but the DS is where the magic really comes into play. There is beautiful zen music, and taoist and buddhist quotes galore which compliment the game's zen theme very nicely. It plays with a stylus pen which makes the experience all the more relaxing. I've just never been more impressed with a simple $20 video game in my entire life... if this post doesn't belong in this forum I apologize and will move it immediately, but wow, this game couldn't get any more Zen! Anyone played other than me?? :D

Here is a clip of the game being played on YouTube:

Edited by Vigilant3

I have been holding a wish for a very long time that there would be an RPG game that teaches Chinese medicine, perhaps using books by Henry C. Lu as a guide and focusing on food cures. perhaps in the style of a JRPG or perhaps a flash game.

Edited by Desert Eagle

I have been holding a wish for a very long time that there would be an RPG game that teaches Chinese medicine, perhaps using books by Henry C. Lu as a guide and focusing on food cures. perhaps in the style of Knights of Xentar (adult stuff optional). or perhaps a flash game.

Me too. It pisses me off that I will for the rest of my life remember that Daedra hearts and Void Salts mix to regenerate magicka! Why cant I be learning real herbcraft? :angry:

Desert Eagle...that would be so great if you made that game! BTW, thanks for the link...if I had time I'd love to play around with that.

Agree!

This is the nearest I've found to a game :(

Good but helps to have some prier knowledge.

This is a good site by the way.

There used to be a site that asked new questions daily but it disappeared ?

Even the cd's I've had don't have anything cool like that on them :(

Would think with all the handheld computerish things there would have to be one?

U know how many weird applications

U can get for those "I phones" ... or facebook for that matter?

Had found one on "Do in" at one point, very basic, but it was just so bad.

If any are found please keep me in the loop!

I want to learn : (

Shon

thank you!

LOL,Um?

Hey?

looking for some info on "Chi Yun Hsueh" (energy that connects the meridians)

Any thing would be good!

Just starting this investigation, though!

Edited by shontonga