Pranaman

hmm, i got a question

It seems that girls with their minds on metaphysics are scarce. It SEEMS. But i'm in a situation where I am single, my ex-girlfriend was very metaphysically aware. I feel like I got lucky on that one.

edit: in short, i want this girl. but i can't tell if my body is in the way of my mind. she doesn't believe in anything taoist, putting aside the fact that all is the tao. but she is fun, cute, kind hearted, someone I could trust. will this relationship be karma free?

Also, i'm 18, and want to find a woman to spend my life with.

any experiences or opinions are welcome to be shared.

Edited by Pranaman

seriously, I want to hear if it's worked out for other couples where only one person had cultivating as priority #1.

but she is fun, cute, kind hearted, someone I could trust.

Sounds perfect, go after that one.

seriously, I want to hear if it's worked out for other couples where only one person had cultivating as priority #1.

I think WYG is just laughing because you are going after his "most questions" title. :)

The majority of us (I think) are in relationships where only one person is cultivating. My partner just thinks I'm a bit weird...... which is true :D

It seems that girls with their minds on metaphysics are scarce. It SEEMS. But i'm in a situation where I am single, my ex-girlfriend was very metaphysically aware. I feel like I got lucky on that one.

edit: in short, i want this girl. but i can't tell if my body is in the way of my mind. she doesn't believe in anything taoist, putting aside the fact that all is the tao. but she is fun, cute, kind hearted, someone I could trust. will this relationship be karma free?

Hehe, if you think this girl is fun, cute and kindhearted then i think you allready made a choise. Yust follow your heart i would say.

You shouldnt think to much about karma and a lifelong relationship when your 18, you will notice that many things in your life will still change and this will happen sooner then you want to hehe.

Go with the flow :)

I wish you best luck.

Edited by minkus

follow your heart! sounds very good! make your experiences, that is what the spiritual path is about.

good luck!

Dude, no relationship is karma free. There will allways be issues to deal with, emotional tubulence and difficult times. The only way to survive a relationship is to accept this and work your way through it together.

As for tao-cultivation I dont think it is needed that your girl is into it. The only thing that is needed is that she lifts your heart when you spend time with her, and that she can accept all the weired things you do :)

It is anyways YOUR cultivation, YOUR relationship with the tao. Your partner dosent need to go through the same processes. I believe that if you keep this integrity, your development will only enhance your relationships.

You know what, I've had the same question as well...it's actually a great question.

Thanks sheng zhen for this:

As for tao-cultivation I dont think it is needed that your girl is into it. The only thing that is needed is that she lifts your heart when you spend time with her, and that she can accept all the weired things you do

It is anyways YOUR cultivation, YOUR relationship with the tao. Your partner dosent need to go through the same processes. I believe that if you keep this integrity, your development will only enhance your relationships.

Very nice.

imho...if you're 18, you dont need to be overly worried about it...you'll find your way as you keep walking the path :)

i'll not worry, it's just going to be a radical change. This is all inference on a girl I used to hang out with a year ago that I started talking with again. If she's not fun than I might need to explore other areas of the world. I need to go to more meditation classes, maybe yoga. That way I meet more people(being single I realize I only have about 2 friends now), heighten my practice, and potentially find a partner. It also seems that I'm going to need to meet girls in there twenties if I really want to meet someone that completely intrigues me. But I am going to take all of your advice, and see if this girl i'm talking about brings light to my life. that'd seem like the smart thing to do.