phore

new kunlun book

it came out yesterday i think. i ordered it from lulu

it seems to have replaced pillars of bliss

so we can assume it contains

kunlun 12&3

5 elements qigong

www.kunlunbliss.com

Yup. In addition to the old content, from looking at the table of contents, it also contains:

Surrender

Five Elements: The Jongs of Maoshan (the 5 elements standing qigong)

I-Jong, the first posture

The Five Elements

Maoshan travelling hands (I think this is spirit travel)

The secret of the golden flower of Maoshan

Red sun: opening the heart (this practice rocks, I just tried it yesterday)

I look forward to getting it in the mail and checking it out!

Yup. In addition to the old content, from looking at the table of contents, it also contains:

Surrender

Five Elements: The Jongs of Maoshan (the 5 elements standing qigong)

I-Jong, the first posture

The Five Elements

Maoshan travelling hands (I think this is spirit travel)

The secret of the golden flower of Maoshan

Red sun: opening the heart (this practice rocks, I just tried it yesterday)

I look forward to getting it in the mail and checking it out!

Thanks for the info Scotty.

John

I used to have the impression that Kunlun would be a great addition to most people's practice. I no longer think that. Definitely follow your intuition about it.

If you order the book, there's a wide variety of shipping options, so check that out too. Love the cover!!

Why has all this been added to the Kunlun if it isnt kunlun?

This is not what Jenny Lamb teachers or what she taught Max, very sad that its moving in this direction!!!

Yoda, Why do you think this?

"I used to have the impression that Kunlun would be a great addition to most people's practice. I no longer think that. Definitely follow your intuition about it. "

WYG

I tried the kunlun 1 after receiving the book and got some shaking and spontaneous movements, I felt that it connects to the subconsious real quick. I'm loving it :)

the video is really cheesy and I'm weary of con people and I already collected a (kunlun) mountain of books and videos, so many skills listed under this guy and if few of them are true than he is better than john chang and others.

Yes I think he knows a few things but the movie really says it all doesn't it? If people want to buy his books fine but I think they should be wary of meeting the bloke.

Part One:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sq-YUdq1OI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sq-YUdq1OI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sq-YUdq1OI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Part Two:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DylNVUN_3I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DylNVUN_3I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DylNVUN_3I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I tried the kunlun 1 after receiving the book and got some shaking and spontaneous movements, I felt that it connects to the subconsious real quick. I'm loving it :)

the video is really cheesy and I'm weary of con people and I already collected a (kunlun) mountain of books and videos, so many skills listed under this guy and if few of them are true than he is better than john chang and others.

better? what know you of better? :D can one not know a wide variety of practices?

Why has all this been added to the Kunlun if it isnt kunlun?

This is not what Jenny Lamb teachers or what she taught Max, very sad that its moving in this direction!!!

Yoda, Why do you think this?

"I used to have the impression that Kunlun would be a great addition to most people's practice. I no longer think that. Definitely follow your intuition about it. "

WYG

kunlun is only one practice, its not everything, and jenny wasnt his only teacher. its just the main practice he teaches.

Yes I think he knows a few things but the movie really says it all doesn't it? If people want to buy his books fine but I think they should be wary of meeting the bloke.

Why would you buy a book from a dude but be wary of studying from him in person? That makes zero sense. I honestly dont know why they put up these movies...you miss so much from what the real experience is that they only end up being fodder for people with doubts. Cant watch the vids at work, I'll check 'em out later.

Why would you buy a book from a dude but be wary of studying from him in person? That makes zero sense.

I was just trying to be nice and I really don't think people should buy his books. There's probably a certain amount of NLP in the books which makes people suggestible. This suggestibility would further be enforced once you meet the guy. I mean people buy the books because they already want to believe such and such so they're already in a suggestible state. Of course most don't want to believe they're being duped because they're sure they could see a light coming from Max because everybody else saw it.

Before anybody jumps on me I do think Max knows some valid techniques although I'm not sure if the application is correct. For all we know Kunlun might just be a cure for piles! You know, do this every day for two weeks and you'll be cured. For all we know Kunlun may be like Prozac in that it does what it's says but might, given enough time, lead to psychotic rages?

It's the cheesy movie and all the Lama Thunderbolt stuff that's convinced me he's 100% bogus.

Now for some real masters:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRkagdEbDNU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRkagdEbDNU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRkagdEbDNU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I was just trying to be nice and I really don't think people should buy his books. There's probably a certain amount of NLP in the books which makes people suggestible. This suggestibility would further be enforced once you meet the guy. I mean people buy the books because they already want to believe such and such so they're already in a suggestible state. Of course most don't want to believe they're being duped because they're sure they could see a light coming from Max because everybody else saw it.

You are accusing Max of "probably" using NLP in his books. How? Can you give a specific example?

There are just instructions on the practice in the book.

Max wasnt using NLP or hypnosis when he taught his seminar in Phoenix.

Im still at a loss. What would Max be using NLP to accomplish? If he was, why didnt he set up his seminars to lure people into a second, third, or fourth seminar at $2,000 each or something. All he charges is $300 and there isnt any garbage about needing to take other courses. How is he making anything when he has 20 people at a seminar? Thats $6,000 to cover a meeting hall, hotel rooms, and airfare for a few people. Subtract out expenses and weigh in a life in hotel rooms on the road away from home. Its not a very good business.

There seem to be two editions of the new book, one being a special edition. Any idea what is the difference between the two new versions? Apart from the price, the table of contents looks same.

[Edit]

Sorry, now its clear..one is the black and white version, the other is color :)

Edited by SiliconValley

Patrick,

how can you be sure that this guy Derren Brown is not doing staged stuff like Criss Angel with the people in the vid being in on this?

I mean how would the guy fall back here?

You are accusing Max of "probably" using NLP in his books. How? Can you give a specific example?

There are just instructions on the practice in the book.

Max wasnt using NLP or hypnosis when he taught his seminar in Phoenix.

Im still at a loss. What would Max be using NLP to accomplish? If he was, why didnt he set up his seminars to lure people into a second, third, or fourth seminar at $2,000 each or something. All he charges is $300 and there isnt any garbage about needing to take other courses. How is he making anything when he has 20 people at a seminar? Thats $6,000 to cover a meeting hall, hotel rooms, and airfare for a few people. Subtract out expenses and weigh in a life in hotel rooms on the road away from home. Its not a very good business.

We've been down this road before so I'm not going to argue. I'll stick to my gentle Tai Chi and you play Kunlun wizard. :)

Patrick,

how can you be sure that this guy Derren Brown is not doing staged stuff like Criss Angel with the people in the vid being in on this?

I mean how would the guy fall back here?

This is tedious but explains most of what Derren is doing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This one is just scary!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Darren Brown doesn't use just NLP, it only looks like that. He's a magician.

We've been down this road before so I'm not going to argue. I'll stick to my gentle Tai Chi and you play Kunlun wizard.

Sounds good... :rolleyes:

We know that Max learnt his Spontaneous Adjustement Chi Kung which he renamed Kunlun from Jenny Lamb, he now adds his other practices from Andrew Lum (red phoenix) also looks like he adds Tibetan Transmissions to it as Jenny Lamb said there is no transmission for it!

I think that NLP can be added to a book!

Just for the record, my post wasnt negative towards Max or Kunlun so this shouldnt see me banned!!! Sean i know the rules i am just posting information only no bad mouthing!!!

Not for everyone meaning that it definitely involves experiences that are waaaay outside the modern western mindset in a certain direction. While the experiences are quite secondary to the basic virtues that it engenders, still it is only for a particular subset of the cultivator population who is okay with this particular flavor of weird... AugustLeo's personal practice threads hints at what I'm talking about. I think Max's eccentricities much discussed here do carry some of that vibe and serve as either a fair warning or an enticement as appropriate.

While I love the Kunlun program and I can never ever get enough eccentricity and weirdness, even the mighty Yodster finds it shocking at moments. To think that I gave my Mom a copy of the book when I first got into the practice!!!! Fortunately she just rolled her eyes and got on with her life without a second thought... phew!! :)

To think that I gave my Mom a copy of the book when I first got into the practice!!!! Fortunately she just rolled her eyes and got on with her life without a second thought... phew!! :)

hehe, there are a few people I would have given the first book to, but I didn't think they would make it through to the method.

Anyhow I like Kunlun (I like weird things too) $45 for the special edition and express postage is well worth it IMHO. Although I doubt I'll actually do any of the new practices, unless Chris & Max end up swinging past Australia anytime soon and teaching them. I'm happy enough just doing kunlun 1.

YMMV, it's all good, don't forget to :D

looking forward to the book! ordered a few copies.

kunlun is a powerful method if you take the effort and practice for a while. even without going to the seminar you wont be dissapointed. i never regret it. max is a great person and teacher and that is about all i want to add to this (repeating) discussion. i travelled a few thousand miles to a seminar with max and i would do it again. but find out for yourselve (or not).

if you want to stick to something else - perfect.

peace jan.