Sign in to follow this  
salaam123

Chi kung and insanity

It's called "Qigong Deviance" in China. You should read Professor Nancy Chen's excellent book about her study of psych wards in China for case studies of qigong deviance.

Breathing Spaces: Qigong, Psychiatry and Healing in China, Columbia University Press, 2003.

http://www.amazon.com/Breathing-Spaces-Qig...g/dp/0231128045

Edited by drew hempel

i've had paranoia like this but way worse. It was drug induced and lasted almost a year. you need grounding, don't do any energy manipulation. just focus on the soles of your feet, and your perineum. that's it. no manipulation, energy flows where attention goes. Just place your attention on the soles, and perineum. You'll be rooted. This at least what my spiritual counselor told me to do for my paranoia and auric problems.

i've had paranoia like this but way worse. It was drug induced and lasted almost a year. you need grounding, don't do any energy manipulation. just focus on the soles of your feet, and your perineum. that's it. no manipulation, energy flows where attention goes. Just place your attention on the soles, and perineum. You'll be rooted. This at least what my spiritual counselor told me to do for my paranoia and auric problems.

thanks, ill try that

Putting your attention on the soles and perineum might help, but I've always thought that concentrating your attention in your body isn't good for energy imbalances. That was just my personal experience, it might work well for you.

I'd say go for long walks daily, preferrably barefoot, in a nice setting. Laugh with friends, and focus more on your social life. Drop everything spiritual or energetic for the time being. Make sure you don't sit cross legged. In every moment, contemplate what's physically true. If you are remembering something that just happened, cut it out and just chalk it off as just your imagination, and life your life here and now.

Of course it's good to remember things, if you need to. But if you're remembering shutting a door on a demon or something that may or may not have happened, just forget about it and focus on what's real.

yes, yes, I have experienced all sorts of adverse mental effects from my dabbling in qigong. (I think it's my qigong, anyways.. :mellow: )

rooting never worked for me. not really. The idea of just attaining 'emptiness' (zazen,) was absurd by impossibility.

the best antidote, I have found for me personally... is simply the micro-cosmic orbit. My thinking is that energy just begins to pool in the head, and then goes bad. :angry: So you just circulate it and it gets better.

Do mantak chia's guided meditation CD on the microcosmic orbit. I think that's the best. (rooted, [though I lay down,] connect your dan tien and legs to the 'cosmos' under your feet. bring the energy up into your body slowly and powerfully [quality over quantity!] up and up into you shoot it out of your crown into the cosmos over your head. then bring it down and down and redo the cycle. focus should be on the governer/central channel, respectively, but you should feel the energy move up/down through the whole of your body. ...be sure to keep your 3 dan tiens open to the cosmos at all times, and keep the bottom dan tien burning with fire... and everyone always says to smile, too. ... Though I don't :mellow:

you all may be right. in addition my counselor did entity releasement therapy, freeing me of lower astral beings leeching energy of my aura. one of which was causing my paranoia. these entities can't re-attach if your rooted well, so that is why she gave me this practice. I also do taiji which is highly rooting.

Warmup w/ squats. Distribute bodyweight evenly. shoulder width (parrallel feet) or wider (feet can open to 45 deg) Lift the arches inhale down, relax into alignment exhale up. Knees over feet, not past the toe. There is a reason why there are physical exercises that accompany cultivation exercises. pores should open. Practice correct wuji during chi gung etc, open kua with stance work or good rooting in taiji ie other gungfu practice. Follow the taji principles in practice. Cooldown afterwards. Walking or slow soft formwork. tapping on or working out knots or kinks. then silence and long breathing. pores should close up.

Edited by Spectrum

Lot\s of excellent advice her. I think pilates can be excellent for people that have to slow down with energy practices and do rooting work. It makes you very centered and it aligns and structures your body very well while keeping you on a purely physical and muscular plane. That way you do constructive energywork without going directly into energy experiences which can be difficult to handl in such a way. Otherwhise I believe in drawing energy down to the dan tien, having masters "suck out" the bad energy, kepping energy away from the head, especially the crown, walks in nature, hard physical labour, socializing, jogging because the endorfin rush cleanses and balances in a safe way, standing poses especialy wide martial arts type stances because it roots so well.

thank you for help. I am feeling much better now. getting chi to dan tien helped alot also and relaxing the spine vertebraes together helped alot also. ALso that perineum and feet thing helped anlso and pointing coccyx to ground although im not getting earth chi flow still, but I dont feel detached from the world anymore.

my interest in getting earth chi first was the reason to this problem, I neglegted dan tien and front channel and just tried to get earth chi and in the end I had no chi at all and felt like crying all the time and afraid. Now I will work with both(although my chi is still quite messed up, but I feel quite normal now).

Edited by salaam123

Never practice qigong without an experienced teacher. If you have delusions the cause may be from many sources, including experiences with beings from other levels of reality.

The earth is considered neutral energy, and you typically discharge excess energy into the ground at the end of a qigong session. It's not a good idea to suck energy up into you from the earth as it can cause a reverse flow up the front and down the back, giving way to hallucinations and anxiety. Having said this, I watched a guy do this in Golden Gate Park; the grass all around him in a circle was dead. A park employee said that he would go from spot to spot killing the grass, and they would have to go and replant after the asshole...

A good way to stop this is an exercise called Kwan Yin Stroking Beard.

Never practice qigong without an experienced teacher. If you have delusions the cause may be from many sources, including experiences with beings from other levels of reality.

The earth is considered neutral energy, and you typically discharge excess energy into the ground at the end of a qigong session. It's not a good idea to suck energy up into you from the earth as it can cause a reverse flow up the front and down the back, giving way to hallucinations and anxiety. Having said this, I watched a guy do this in Golden Gate Park; the grass all around him in a circle was dead. A park employee said that he would go from spot to spot killing the grass, and they would have to go and replant after the asshole...

A good way to stop this is an exercise called Kwan Yin Stroking Beard.

thank you.

where could I learn this exercise?

Bagua work is an excellent cure. Channel that qi to earth, mix it up down there and send it back to lower tantien.

This society is responsible for sending excess chi to our heads for many reasons you already know.

Lying down on the bare earth is also a good idea.

The quickest way to get the spirit grounded again is with acupuncture- common points are baihui, yintang, SP6, LV2. I don't know how you would do it with qigong, like was mentioned it will probably just make the issue worse. The acupunture works good with one treatment. Maybe you could use accupressure on those points - baihui on the top of head, yintang on the forehead directly in front of 3rd dantian, LV2 on top of the foot should be real sore and easy to find same with SP6.

I learned the Kwan Yin Stroking Beard from Jerry Alan Johnson, it's considered a medical qigong. you might try contacting the International School of Medical Qigong for a downloadable explanation with pictures...

It's a simple exercise, you are in a standing meditation posture, and bring the left hand up to the chin, palm facing you about 6 inches from the body, and let it slide down to the tan tien. Then do it with the right hand, and continue making the slow elongated circles with your hands until you feel calmer, 2-5 minutes. It's safe and can be done at any time, and is a variation of cloud hands.

In The Healing Workout - Chi Kung DVD he calls it Kwan Kung stroking beard and teaches it using both hands at the same time.

It's similar to The Forming of Yin and Yang in Spring Forest Qigong.

Edited by bindo

I learned the Kwan Yin Stroking Beard from Jerry Alan Johnson, it's considered a medical qigong. you might try contacting the International School of Medical Qigong for a downloadable explanation with pictures...

It's a simple exercise, you are in a standing meditation posture, and bring the left hand up to the chin, palm facing you about 6 inches from the body, and let it slide down to the tan tien. Then do it with the right hand, and continue making the slow elongated circles with your hands until you feel calmer, 2-5 minutes. It's safe and can be done at any time, and is a variation of cloud hands.

Do you mean General Guan stroking beard? Kwan Yin is a woman (at least in China---he has a moustache in Tibet, but I've never seen a beard.)

Depends on the translations you use. Kwan is the same as Guan. Kwan Yin is the guy. Quan Yin is the lady .

Actually, Kwan Gong and Guan Yin are different entities.

However, Guan Yin is the Goddess of Mercy and depending on your tradition can be either man or woman. In sanskrit it is Avalokiteśvara.

I've seen many statues of Avalokiteśvara in male form and many in female. From my background, it is predominantly in female form.

General Kwan or Guan Gong (title) or Guan Yu (name) is a deity often tattooed on the bodies of triad members in oriental cultures as he is fiercely loyal and a symbol of brotherhood. Members of the police also tattoo his image on their bodies for protection as well as worship him for protection. Wonder who will actually get protected in this scenario.

Hope that clarifies.

mouse

To clarify the exercise that Sifu Johnson teaches is called Gwan Gong Stroking Beard. Gwan Gong being a completely different entity from Kwan Yin. Kwan Yin actually draws its roots to a time When Kwan Yin was male because Kwan Yin is the same as Avalokiteshvara.

And if you have Qi Deviations like this you truly need to see a Qigong Doctor or really even someone who has been through the M.Q.P should be able to help you. Do not mess around. Also find a qualified instructor.

Blessings

Kwan Yin is a man who through his meditations on Yin power transformed himself into a woman. Many who claim to have heard Kwan Yin's voice say it is the voice of a man. Few people know this but, Kwan Yin is also a fierce warrior. No man can stand up to her ferocity in battle. She fights against evil and injustice. Kwan Kung (the general) was a freedom fighter who also fought against tyranny and injustice.

Edited by fiveelementtao

Isn't it so that most people are actually (far far more) insane and that maybe someone who wants to break through it with energy for example only realises perhaps more intensely how duped everyone has been including 'oneself' ?

instead of the other way around? kind of?

Sign in to follow this