phore

eleusinian mystery

anyone know anything about the practices in the eleusinian mysteries of demeter and persephone.

are there any good books about it. is it still practiced by people.

anyone know of any practices associated with athena

ty

anyone know anything about the practices in the eleusinian mysteries of demeter and persephone.

are there any good books about it. is it still practiced by people.

anyone know of any practices associated with athena

ty

Hi,

Unfortunately nothing has remained from the Eleusinian Mysteries. Christianity and the Goths destroyd the last clues we had for these practices. After all, no one was allowed to talk freely about what happened in there. It was forbidden. The only thing we know is that the Demeter followers drunk in the temple a drink called "Kykeon", and then they witnessed visions about Demeter and her daughter Persephony. The ultimate goal of the Mysteries was for someone to witness death, and rebirth from that state, meaning practically that someone after that, was not afraid of death anymore.

Unfortunately my friend, Christianity destroyed all the ancient mysteries of my country, leaving us with nothing. Just the ancient temples, and the statues are there to witness the ancient glory...What a pity..

z

Edited by Zeus

i tried to attune myself to the energy from it last night

after the energy seemed to be coming in i felt like i should visualize the story of the abduction of persephone by hades. i got to the part where she was sitting on the throne by hades (still depressed about being kidnapped) Then i just blacked out for a while. When i woke up i felt energized and free.

then came here and read your post this morning. seems to be some similarities.

ty for the info

Edited by phore

tried this again

the visualizations seemed to focus on the relationship between persephone and demeter. it seemed to be symbolic of the relationship of man and nature. then i blacked out again.

The only thing we know is that the Demeter followers drunk in the temple a drink called "Kykeon", and then they witnessed visions about Demeter and her daughter Persephony. The ultimate goal of the Mysteries was for someone to witness death, and rebirth from that state, meaning practically that someone after that, was not afraid of death anymore.

A

:)

A

:)

If someone take a look to few of the records that survived(thankfully) from the mass destruction that Christianity brought, we can see that in all kinds of mysteries that took place in ancient Greece, the gods or dieties were there, expressing their existance in various ways. Just like christianity's saints that appear in dreams of their followers, in the same way ,gods and godesses appear in the dreams of people.

Z

Some people believe that the drink kykeon was some kind of psychedelic. There are various theories about which one, but my favourite is that it was ergot, a fungus which grew on grains. Check it out:

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/lsd/valencic.htm

btw... are you concerned about 'blacking out'? Does that happen to you a lot?

the blacking out only happens when i attune myself to this energy and very rarely in deep hypnosis. my belief is that it is symbolic to dying given the context. i always wake up at the end of the attunement or hypnosis

my attunement technique could mimic the effects of psychedelic drugs.

Edited by phore

i was trying to do a pastlife regression and it seemed to have suggested that i was involved with this.

i also seem to have a connection to Athena and Persephone