emily

Energetic Aromas...

In the Kunlun & Kungfu thread, both Rain and I mentioned when practicing Kunlun we have noticed a flowery scent as a result of practice, not from any flowers in the room.

Anyone else expereinced this phenomena or able to enlighten us on its cause????

I have read and heard that some highly cultivated individuals perpetually exude some form of pleasant smell. Apparently this is due to the density and volume of their aura.

Sounds similar to me...

i don't have any academic knowledge on the matter, but i'm quite familiar with the phenomenon.

sometimes there's a pleasant floral aroma in the room when i'm doing a healing session. it happens most often with one particular client. a woman, in fact. sometimes it seems to just fill the room, sometimes it seems to come from my hands. but i can't recall it ever happening when i was alone.

i don't put too much thought into it when it happens; i just smile in gratitude and take it as an expression of something beautiful taking place. a sort of light-hearted inspiration to trust the universe to simply unfold as it will. a joyous surrender.

In the Kunlun & Kungfu thread, both Rain and I mentioned when practicing Kunlun we have noticed a flowery scent as a result of practice, not from any flowers in the room.

Anyone else expereinced this phenomena or able to enlighten us on its cause????

I think there's a chi kung practice called fragrant chi kung that produces this phenomena. It is also a sign of good cultivation one of my teachers explained, and there are many stories about cultivators from various traditions including christian mystics exhuding flowery scents.

For what it's worth, I experienced an incense-like smell the first time I practiced Kunlun neigong. It only lasted about a minute. I now understand that my body was actually trying to expel bad/stagnant chi in my lungs.

I have experienced different beautiful smells in the past although I don't do Kunlun. I've often wondered if it isn't just the nose becoming very sensitive so that even the slightest hint of perfume becomes intense. I have also noticed that when I come off the booze (I drink quite a lot) that my senses become very acute. Sound, light and the sense of smell all become very intense as does my sense of touch.

One girl I know tells me I sometimes smell like cookies.

I believe a lot of these phenomena can be describes as synaestesia(I think its called that). That we react with different senses. When we meditate and do energy work we actvate many more levels to our senses and therefor experiene a richer amount of the spectrum the senses are able to receive. Getting more and more subtle as we develop.

I saw a research article a while ago saying that every human being emmit around 4000 odor-molecules at all times. We actually have an aura of odor-molecules around us at all times. 3-400 of them are specific for that individual, so in the future it is possible to identify an individual by machines that smell us.

I believe a lot of our "energy sensing" comes from subconscious recording of odor-molecules.

I also smell a lot when I do my Xing Shen Zhuang. But that might be just because my intestines is still adjusting to the cleansing process...not subtle at all... :unsure:

Edited by sheng zhen