Sign in to follow this  
SiliconValley

Wisdom teeth

Not sure if this is very relevant but here I go anyway. I saw my dentist last evening and she said my two lower wisdom teeth are horizontal and banging the adjacent teeth and need to be "surgically' removed. I ain't got any pain currently, but she thinks it will soon start. Any one here knows anything else that can be done? Surgery, the way she describes, totally freaks me out. Moreover, she also says the surgery can have side effects!

I would love to hope my daily Chi Kung will take care of it but you know .... :D

Anyone else suggest anything else? Thanks for all the help in advance.

Edited by SiliconValley

I wish that I could make a suggestion other than wait for them to push through and see what happens. The Navy snatched my wisdom teeth out and undid all the work my braces did, causing my teeth to spread. My wisdom teeth were not causing any problems, but it is just a standard procedure when you join the military. :angry:

don't get them pulled, apparently oral surgeons can make them grow out without any problems. but your teeth are interconnected energetically with the vertebrae of your spine. I don't know what the full deal is, but it does seem unnatural to pull teeth. I'm not sure on using the mind to fix the problem, imagine them coming out straight, my wisdom teeth did initially hurt my other teeth coming in, but i just kept picturing that and they are completely fine now.

A friend of mine had the same problem you have and he waited...big mistake! He was in considerable pain for a week before they extracted it.

I, on the other hand, had three wisdom teeth pulled at the same time and never felt a thing. It was one of the most gentle procedures I had ever undergone. Much easier than a root canal.

It's different for everybody.

Small problems become big problems when left unattended. Don't wait!

Find a minimally invasive dentist like mine. He's gold! I'd drive an hour or more each way to see him. In fact, I just got home from seeing him.

Good luck!

My situation is probably different than yours, but since we're talking about wisdom teeth... When I was in my 20's the dentist told me that mine were coming in straight and to leave them unless a problem came up. This decision was confirmed by all the other dentists, except the last guy, since. Keep in mind I'm 53 now and have not experienced any pain nor have xrays shown any underlying problems. The last dentist wants to pull them because he believes all wisdom teeth on everyone should be pulled as a pre-emptive measure. I never scheduled an appointment to have them pulled and haven't been back to see that dentist. All that being said, if the xrays are revealing a definite problem, I would have them pulled. Infections in the jaw can be very painful and effect so much else.

It's not a big problem...unless the dentist decides to forget to numb one side of your mouth and starts digging into sensitive tissue, like one did for me!

But it's truthfully not a big deal...I say get em out.

Wow, I didn't know they pulled wisdom teeth out in military (right in the training camp). I guess since you join the military, you don't need your wisdom anymore- someone will make all the decisions for you. :)

If we had "free-will' teeth, they would probably go too.

Thank you all! I seem to have now gained new wisdom :D

Just thought I would quickly throw in my experience as I underwent this procedure about 5 months ago - I too had the same questions you did.

Didn't find any energetic solutions unfortunately.

What you have is an impacted wisdom tooth. It happens quite regularly. Mine impacted with the other teeth in that row and caused a very minor disalignment... enough, however, to force me to re-learn whistling through my teeth :P

The roots of your lower wisdom teeth are very near the main nerve that controls sensation and movement of one half of your mouth. A possible side effect is that you have permanent loss of feeling due to nerve damage (though I am sure some energy work can be applied to fix this). This may've been the side effect your doctor mentioned.

Good luck either way! I had a grown man on his knees yanking furiously at my tooth for a minute or two only to have my tooth shatter and fly all over the room :lol: Was worth the wait being on the month long waiting list just for that!!

Take care dude,

James

Edited by .broken.

A possible side effect is that you have permanent loss of feeling due to nerve damage (though I am sure some energy work can be applied to fix this). This may've been the side effect your doctor mentioned.

Take care dude,

James

Thanks man! This is exactly what she was suggesting. She also said there were cases where vision was affected but that was really rare.

Mine gave me pain for a year or two, I didnt see a dentist, and they righted themselves eventually. I dont know if it is at all similar to what you have though so who knows. Someone said they are called wisdom teeth because they teach you to live with pain :lol: I hope there is more to wisdom to that!

Good luck.

Seth.

P.S. My partner straightens her own teeth using finger pressure, gum, tounge and spine release techniques.

Mine gave me pain for a year or two, I didnt see a dentist, and they righted themselves eventually. I dont know if it is at all similar to what you have though so who knows. Someone said they are called wisdom teeth because they teach you to live with pain :lol: I hope there is more to wisdom to that!

Good luck.

Seth.

P.S. My partner straightens her own teeth using finger pressure, gum, tounge and spine release techniques.

Hey, that sounds interesting :-)

Hum, mine similar and yes - impacted (the 90 degree thing)

I cried when I got them pulled out (not from the pain, there wasn't any - THX Novacaine TM?, but because they were being taken away ;-))

When it came to 'surgery' that meant local (not general) anasthesia, some cuts and a couple of stiches.

The dentist offered me my teeth to keep in a plastic box, but I thought it was disgusting at the time.

If I had to again, I would reconsider keeping them!

Hurt like a MF for several days afterwards but 2 things helped:

- Iburofen

- Acupunture

- Beer (moderation)

Notes

- I do not endorse drinking in combination with any pharmaceuticals

- If you smoke, DON'T do it after this - it dries out the sockets (yes, that is nasty!) and lengthens healing time

- suggest getting someone to take you home afterwards

- suggest you discuss anasthesia options with your dentist

- suggest you ask for a consult from a second dentist

Hum, mine similar and yes - impacted (the 90 degree thing)

I cried when I got them pulled out (not from the pain, there wasn't any - THX Novacaine TM?, but because they were being taken away ;-))

When it came to 'surgery' that meant local (not general) anasthesia, some cuts and a couple of stiches.

The dentist offered me my teeth to keep in a plastic box, but I thought it was disgusting at the time.

If I had to again, I would reconsider keeping them!

Hurt like a MF for several days afterwards but 2 things helped:

- Iburofen

- Acupunture

- Beer (moderation)

Notes

- I do not endorse drinking in combination with any pharmaceuticals

- If you smoke, DON'T do it after this - it dries out the sockets (yes, that is nasty!) and lengthens healing time

- suggest getting someone to take you home afterwards

- suggest you discuss anasthesia options with your dentist

- suggest you ask for a consult from a second dentist

Hey Kate, awesome, thanks for the advice. Its always helpfulto know things from those who have walked the path. Today, I consulted another Dental Surgeon who thinks there is no need to disturb the two bullies till they actually show some signs. I am hoping :D these signs nevvvvver show...

Also, my dentist said, if we need to pull them out, it would be on General Anastasia.

Thanks everyone....

Sign in to follow this