Prince...

Kunlun and Kungfu

The video samples show people being affected by Max's energy. Can this energy be applied to anybody?

Nothing is being done without people's permission. In fact, if someone is consciously aware of this type of energy being directed at them they can usually close themselves to it.

Many people are interested in this energy being used on people who are not open to it. This is not possible with Kunlun because this process involves matching the magnetic body of the people involved.

This is not "Fa Jing" energy which involves building of chi in the lower dan tien and projecting it from the palm. You can really mess up someone's nervous system that way and damage their internal organs. Max would never do that to anyone. If he sees this kind of desire in you, he will teach you nothing.

http://www.kunlunbliss.com/faq.html

I read this and had a question about how well kunlun meshes with practicing martial arts. Perhaps I'm nuking that last statement, but I first learned about Qigong and such as an extension of kungfu...I guess to supercharge your kungfu.

For me, my initial reason for cultivation is to have a healthy body and to be a good martial artist. I don't want to look into a system where I might one day meet Max and when he ask "so why are you interested in Kunlun?" and I say,"so I can be good at kungfu," and he kick me out of the seminar for being honest.

Anyway, I was hoping someone could shed some light on the subject. I really want to study a school of Qigong, or neigong if you want to be more traditional, from a martial artist. I guess this is why John Chang appeals to me, because he, according to Kostas, calls himself just a kungfu teacher.

Well, if you can magically blast somebody, then why bother studying kung-fu?

First off, remember that all this stuff Max does and all this stuff Johnny does is total hocus-pocus.

The video below has Derren Brown, the incredible debunker and hypnotist using empty force to hit a guy. First he does it standing in front (where of course he could use subtle visual cues) and then he does it from behind, where the guy couldn't possibly have any (conscious) knowledge that he's being hit.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=gfffcjEcYJc

By the by, I love that quote you posted. Isn't it convenient that people who aren't "open" can't be controlled by his energy. That right there is such an obvious indicator that what he's doing is just some bullshit hypnosis (that and his embarrassing video).

If he could do something like what he mislabels a "fa-jing" then damn, let's see it!

"Oh no, because that would be too powerful and he is too much a Buddha to hurt anybody!"

Well then let's see him do it at reduced power!

"Oh, no, that's not possible because, um, then it would prove how he's just fucking with these poor loser's heads, I mean *cough*"

But seriously, find some real shit and just practice it. Real neigong and real martial arts, especially the "internal" martial arts are great compliments to one another. Stay away from cults and anybody claiming supernatural abilities. Get as close to an authentic lineage holder as possible, and you'll do fine. Good luck.

Well, I don't believe in empty force, so that's a moot point. What I have seen, is my friend who teaches me Tai Chi (I say this because he's not a teacher) can barely twist an uproot me when we do push hands. Of course he has 8 years experience and I have like 2 months experience.

He says when his teacher does push hands with him, his teacher doesn't even flinch, and uproots him. Of course I am aware that this is all body mechanics, control over the internals from long hours of stance training and practice, but this stance training is Qigong/standing meditation or whatever you want to call it.

In my first post, I'm not sure if I've given the impression that I'm after some Dragonball type stuff. Cultivation, to me, is for enlightenment/immortality/union with the wholly other. If psychic powers/siddhis or what have you are real and come as a result of spiritual maturity, that is fine and dandy...but the world is a bad place.

A woman got shot in Atlanta at the bus stop picking her daughter up from Red Lobster. I see drug dealers and junkies everyday that I go to the park for Tai Chi. I would like to live long enough to experience some of the things I've read about, but in the world I live in, I may just have to kick someone's ass on the path to Enlightenment and it's gonna take hands and feet to do that.

But back to my original question...

Max has received training in Snake Bagua, Taoist thunder practices, as well as Snake Chod and Mongolian medical practices. He learned the rare practices of the Kunlun tradition, including Kunlun formless-form nei gung, and Red Dragon palm nei gung.

So I guess as long as nobody goes in there with the intentions of hurting people, it's okay to learn his system .

But seriously, find some real shit and just practice it. Real neigong and real martial arts, especially the "internal" martial arts are great compliments to one another. Stay away from cults and anybody claiming supernatural abilities. Get as close to an authentic lineage holder as possible, and you'll do fine. Good luck

Thanks, I hope I didn't come off the wrong way, all of your response did not show when I replied, but I'm not into all the showy magic stuff. I am studying Yang style Taiji with a friend in the park. He competes in tournaments, so he's looking more or less for a practice dummy and teaching me in between ass beatings. We're going to start Xing Yi in the fall, and I'll be doing a little Gao Bagua once or twice a month with another friend as well. I'm in the process of moving in about a year, but I want to stick with Tai Chi and Bagua.

Yeah Max moving people is NOT hocus pocus...it's real energy dynamics going on. If you don't believe, whatever, but at least try it out for a while to see for yourself like I did, before speaking.

Something more about it: when he was pulling someone's head to the ground, I felt my legs rush and kind of buckle, as did someone standing next to me. How is that hocus pocus? At times it felt like the earth was shaking, and I would get this scent that came from the kunlun energy which smelled like lotus. People I trust got stuck to trees, and pulled in different directions, depending on how open they were to the energy.

I was hardly open at all at first, but I've spent a few months cultivating it now, and am able to say at this point that it's not bogus. So it's kinda...laughable...when someone who has no experience is making claims about a worthwhile system's authenticity.

Anyway, about kunlun and kungfu...they totally go hand in hand. It's pretty much just some kundalini exercises (even vinyasa yoga and stuff) that doesn't go well with it...so all else is basically fair game. Basically.

Martial arts go great with it though! Go for it. Why be worried about whether Max will think you're too violent or not? Are you?

and I would get this scent that came from the kunlun energy which smelled like lotus.

This is off topic a bit, but the first time I really felt the energy during Kunlun (without attending a seminar) I remember a flowery scent, it still happens occasionally.

And no, there were no flowers in the room with me!!! haha

...so did I,what causes thiis flowerscent? hm?

:)

Il make a thread about this its interesting

The two mix quite well from my personal experience and the benefits from adding the Kunlun level 1 sitting spilled over into my own taiji, hsingyi & yiquan practices. The biggest influence it seems to have had on my martial arts practice is the ability to connect the force issued from the spine out to the limbs.

John

For me, my initial reason for cultivation is to have a healthy body and to be a good martial artist. I don't want to look into a system where I might one day meet Max and when he ask "so why are you interested in Kunlun?" and I say,"so I can be good at kungfu," and he kick me out of the seminar for being honest.

You have answered your own question

I'm not violent, I have just always loved martial arts.

Max isn't going to kick you out for being honest. You like Martial Arts, you want to defend yourself, the quote

If he sees this kind of desire in you, he will teach you nothing.

is about a desire to hurt and injure others, not a desire to protect yourself.

I'm told by people that have been to seminars that Max is quite good at kung fu himself and might even help you out with martial arts bits and pieces.

Cameron you do Kunlun? Too bad I'm fairly new to this forum, I would have asked if you wanted to meet for lunch or something to talk about your experience. I've been in the Gwinnet County area all this week, but I'm heading back to Nashville this weekend.