Patrick Brown

Analysis of the TS seal

Why is a symbol important? After you've studied all of that...how much further along are you? You've just accumulated some useless knowledge. No offense meant. ;)

Why is a symbol important? After you've studied all of that...how much further along are you? You've just accumulated some useless knowledge. No offense meant. ;)

I haven't read it because I already know what it means without the words and concepts. My point was perhaps too subtle. Once across the river the boat is left on the bank. If one wishes to cross back over the river the boat will still be there to be used. The boat represents our different bodies which is also our vehicle of experience.

I had a dream this morning which might explain it even better:

At first I was in an old peoples home visiting and having a very enlightening time. Then I was tricked into entering a mental asylum to have some tests. I began to feel very uneasy I took my chance and ran for the exit. I was out and back in the real world although I became rather fearful and tripped-out as I realised I was simply in the bigger nut house of this world! I awoke.

This was simply the experience of my conciousness crossing back (returning) to the physical. First there was the higher mind then the lower mind and then the emotion body and then my awakening in my physical body.

In returning to the TS symbol I can tell you that the explanation I found and posted above only scratches the surface. It's also worth noting that you don't have to read any books to understand it and conceptualising it will probably just confuse. Having said that concepts do have a purpose in that they lead us to the threshold of our own understanding. Trees are rooted in darkness and mystery the branches in light. In endeavouring to understand the mystery we grow into the light ever perfecting our clarity, harmony and peace.

Heaven and Earth are impartial;

They see the ten thousand things as straw dogs.

The wise are impartial;

They see the people as straw dogs.

The space between heaven and Earth is like a bellows.

The shape changes but not the form;

The more it moves, the more it yields.

More words count less.

Hold fast to the center.

Holding fast to the center would mean forgetting about this TS seal...me personally, I look at it and see the work of people who held fast to the periphery. Why do we need stuff like this? My answer - we don't at all.

I don't understand what you wrote, but that's a cool dream. :)

I've thought about that seal before and I dont think it was designed to hold much more meaning that was said in the first post. If you look at the back of an American Dollar you can see the pyramid and eagle and each holds many layers of esoteric significance and taken together they contain even more layers. The TS Seal seems to me to hold only surface meanings.

Edited by DarinHamel

No the TS seal is like the Yin Yang symbol in that all you need to know is represented.

I agree Patrick.

It clearly attempts to communicate the nature of oneness. Including: spiritual and material interactions, human 'ascension', unity, harmony, karma and evolution.

Take care,

James