Sign in to follow this  
Sunya

meditating at certain times

hey guys

any of you meditate at certain times which are known to be more beneficial for meditation?

i don't quite know much about this, would love to hear some experiences/thoughts on this

a friend recommended that i start waking up at 3am everyday to do 5 Tibetans (yoga exercises) and then meditating

here's what he wrote about 3:00AM

This is considered the "Golden Hour" It is the first trinity of the

day and holds a high degree of prana (of a specific frequency) that is

used by breatharians and those who practice certain forms of Chi Gung

and Kundalini Yoga. Kundalini Shakti will call a person awake at this

time normally. This is a common experience

hey guys

any of you meditate at certain times which are known to be more beneficial for meditation?

i don't quite know much about this, would love to hear some experiences/thoughts on this

a friend recommended that i start waking up at 3am everyday to do 5 Tibetans (yoga exercises) and then meditating

here's what he wrote about 3:00AM

If you look up on wikipedia Wu Xing you shall find the Wu Xing chart. If you scroll down it has a chart called the Diurnal Cycle. (I hold that name somewhat suspect but names don't mean much rather then labels which represent very important things) check out this link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:FiveEle...iurnalCycle.jpg

It shows the changes of the phase, within the day. Even the elements are represented in it. Its very interesting... I was taught 4:00 Am to do meditation.

My teacher always tells me to practice at 3am.He says 3am is 100% function 5am 80% and after that you get little function

But thats easier said than done

Take a look at this:

Circulation of Energy Through the Primary Meridians

Lungs 3 AM to 5 AM

Large Intestine 5 AM to 7 AM

Stomach 7 AM to 9 AM

Spleen 9 AM to 11 AM

Heart 11 AM to 1 PM

Small Intestine 1 PM to 3 PM

Bladder 3 PM to 5 PM

Kidney 5 PM to 7 PM

Pericardium 7 PM to 9 PM

*San Jiao 9 PM to 11 PM

Gall Bladder 11 PM to 1 AM

Liver 1 AM to 3 AM

San Jiao (Triple Burner): it does not have a physical organ associated with it. However it is agreed it basically corresponds to the lymphatic system.

If you follow the Yin/Yang change system then the hours corresponding to 5-7am and 5-7pm are the best for meditation/qigong practice because they bring major change and chi flows faster as a result.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

I think the time might vary depending on the season and also what energies you're working with. Dawn and dusk generate a lot oxygen and probably other more subtle energies. Midday is when the suns energies are at their peak and there may also be a relationship to the downward cooling energy that the Kunlun peeps experience. Kinda obvious that energy coming from the sun is cooling down and this may have something to do with free-electrons. Midnight is when the planet radiates energy so this would seem to correspond to the kundalini which as we all know moves up. The kundalini is also experienced as warmth or heat so is in direct contrast to the energies of midday.

Interesting to note that the Buddha is said to have become fully enlightened at dawn and Jesus died at dusk. Hmm hot and cold religions? I'm not attaching anything negative to Jesus here as he does rise from the dead just as the sun does each day.

I would suspect that people working with the more subtle energies, relating to the subtle bodies, would be somewhat impartial to earthly day and night, perhaps. It is suggested that we have a galactic sun as well as a core sun to our universe so I wonder what relationship these 'suns', together with our solar sun, have to nirvana, paranirvana and mahaparanirvana? Of course there's no rush as we are all naturally growing into the light.

Just a few ideas.

I sort of go with what feels right to me. It varies with my situation and physical/mental condition from day to day but generally I am at my peak ~ 5am as far as meditation goes. 3 am would be too disruptive for my daily life.

I was taught that first just meditate when you can.

Then.....

morning - 5 - 7 am

afternoon - 11am - 1pm

evening - 7pm - 9pm

*extra session if you are awake and aware from 11pm - 1am.

this is a very standard and classic time to meditate in the first stages.

the very start of the Yang Qi cycle. but not a mature Yang Qi

Also in the first stage we were taught to face the South direction.

Later the direction changes.

Then it changed to two sessions per day.

Begin at 12pm

Begin at 12am

After this there is a certain process that begins to take place naturally.

You find yourself waking up around 3 - 4 AM.

This is the best time to meditate, as it is the peak time of Yang Qi.

Yet, if you do not have the proper internal development, it may not really make any difference.

So my teacher said you should only begin practice at such an hour when you naturally awake from the STRONG circulation of Qi, and also the STRONG arrival sound of the Yang Qi.

Sounds and feels much like:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not really, but maybe you get an idea.

It is a sound, almost like some sort of strong engine, but it has a density, and is felt and heard - both inside and outside.

It is one of the first sounds that singles the arrival of Yang Qi.

With this sound there is also a strong "pumping" or circular vibration the beging in Yang Chuan K-1.

This is also a start of a process and stage in practice - at least how we are taught in my school.

dao zhen,

Great post!! I've been shifting to the 3am thing recently... it really is a great time to practice!

Your pal,

Yoda

Thanks for the yang chi description; I've been going through some really electric nights lately, like those cartoon characters that get high voltage electricuted. Seems to be going strong as I sleep.

Sounds and feels much like:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not really, but maybe you get an idea.

It is a sound, almost like some sort of strong engine, but it has a density, and is felt and heard - both inside and outside.

It is one of the first sounds that singles the arrival of Yang Qi.

With this sound there is also a strong "pumping" or circular vibration the beging in Yang Chuan K-1.

Very cool to hear you describe it thus - that's very accurate. I've been trying to put it into words for my teacher and it's very tough to describe. I was describing it more in terms of a vibration but your visual description is perfect.

Very cool to hear you describe it thus - that's very accurate. I've been trying to put it into words for my teacher and it's very tough to describe. I was describing it more in terms of a vibration but your visual description is perfect.

I experienced this quite powerfully after 2 months of sexual abstinence while doing breathwork snd meditation (with maybe a little help from a teacher). At the time I described it as a propeller spinning in my abdomen, vibrating and energizing my body. I could also hear an audible whirring. There seemed to be a side effect in that this was making me very edgy/nervy. I have had to slow down. More emptiness/mantra meditation, less compression breathing. I no longer seem to be able to raise the energy as strongly. I suspect it's because I have not been as dilligent in Jing retention.

P.S. The best descriptions I have read is Waysun's Liao' Essence of Tai Chi. "chi turbine" in your stomach... he hit the nail on the head.

so you guys that have meditated at 3am/4am, you notice a difference?

thinking about starting this.. though i'll have to get to bed atleast by 11, stay up 3-4.. and then i have to wake up at 10 for work.

i'm sure this will also help in my attempts to project out of body since many say waking up in middle of night has helped them. though theres still the issue of fear for me. couple days ago i felt myself coming out and got so scared that it was actually happening that i immediately flew back into my physical body hahah

:D

Sign in to follow this