Sign in to follow this  
witch

Join me in a global cooling spell

Sean, Yoda, let me know if this post is okay. It's outright proselytizing. Seeing that I am a witch, proselytizing is not something we do, but I have such a sense of urgency about global warming and the people here are so strong, I thought I would do a little recruiting.

I'm not asking people to start believing wiccan things, but I am asking for participation. You can do it just for fun if you like. This sort of spellwork doesn't depend on belief.

Witchcraft spellwork is completely dependent on timing. If you want to participate in this, it needs to be done within four hours AFTER the full moon on August 16th (also a lunar eclipse). I will bump this thread up as the time gets closer. Eastern Daylight Time the moon is full at 5:16 pm, Greenwich Mean Time at 9:16 pm.

Wait five minutes until after the moon is full to make sure there isn't a clock setting issue--this must be done with a waning moon. It can be done any time within the four hours after the full moon, depending on your schedule. The closer to the full, the more powerful. Write on a piece of paper with a pen (it must be handwritten, not typed)

I want to easily find atmospheric carbon dioxide decreasing

I want to easily find atmospheric methane decreasing

I want to easily find extreme weather decreasing

I want to easily find global warming decreasing

I want to safely find global warming decreasing

You can add personal items you want decreasing if you like, like losing weight, but keep the list to less than ten items.

You can do ritual along with this, although not necessary. However, if you burn a candle or incense, both should be allowed to burn out on their own rather than snuffed, so a candle would have to be one of those mini-candles that burns out in two hours.

The final step is right before the new moon on August 30th, EDT 3:58 pm, the timing isn't exact, it could be that morning or something--burn the paper.

I could never sympathize with the western mystics desire to affect their external enviroment with magic.

...Maybe I brainwashed myself with the Tao Te Ching, 'the best way to benefit the world is to cultivate yourself' or something another.. (havent read it in a long time...................)

But I let someone know about it =) I think she may be interested.. :)

I could never sympathize with the western mystics desire to affect their external enviroment with magic.

Neither did the fathers of the church who got rid of all the witches -- and everybody else whose property looked good to seize --

today they use a different term of course, not "war on witches," something else...

...but the desire to affect the external environment with magic is not western, it's invented by tao. "The sage comes like the spring, benefitting all beings." That's how magic works in taoism and in all other (demolished) traditions alike. That's what our Witch here is trying to accomplish.

I have a different objection... Global warming is a peripheral problem compared to global fascism. The latter, incidentally, freely uses magic (the malevolent kind) among its other tools, but of course does not limit its operations to casting spells. Magic alone, not backed up by money and power, is the weapon of the disenfranchised, of the socially powerless. The powerful have faster and dirtier ways to affect the environment -- e.g. with any which laws they choose to enforce. If THAT is not dispelled, by magical or any other means, we may have global cooling and yet the level of global misery will keep increasing the way it is increasing right now -- exponentially. To do nothing about it does not mean non-interference Laozi style, it means aiding and abetting, facilitating and enabling -- quite different from what Laozi meant I believe.

According to Wen-tzu, the student who recorded his oral teachings (and one of my favorite sources of taoist wisdom not diluted into some feckless benevolence of a hippie easy on a western mind, the way all our translations of TTC are), Laozi had the strongest objections against damage to the environment caused by human actions (physical, not magical) and derived his assertion that in the human-managed world "tao has been destroyed" from these actions. Inaction in response to these actions wasn't seen as tao-like at all. Tao responds to a wound by healing. Non-acknowledgment of the wound, and the consequent doing nothing about it, is not healing, it's festering. Laozi never advocated that.

I both agree and disagree. Yes of course, those people have to be taken down, but I wouldn't encourage acquaintances to try that sort of magic as a beginner.

I disagree about the level of misery. If global warming is not fixed, there will be no humans to be in misery to begin with. The methane feedback loop will be triggered and life on earth as we know it will be become extinct.

If global warming is fixed and the wicked are still at their work, yes, there will be tremendous human misery, but at least there will be such a thing as human misery.

If any of your Russian friends can cool things, now would be a handy time

http://www.climateark.org/blog/2008/04/has..._climate_fe.asp

Hi Witch

I tend to lean away from trying to influence the outside world (at least with magic), but I try and stay open minded, plus I think we've really mistreated the poor Earth lately. So I'd help cast your spell but I must inquire:

I know nothing of magic, but I have observed a give-and-take nature to things. Are you certain that the benefit derived from this magic isn't causing equal harm in another way?

I'm not trying to say this is the way it is, really just that if I help you cast your spell I want to know that I'm not risking hurting anyone or anything.

Good looking out for our home though

peace + love

Chris

I also tend to avoid influencing the outside world and concentrate on myself and my own endeavors. But something must be done here.

Of course, there will be harm. As you say, there is a balance. Magic finds the easiest path, like water flowing downhill. The easiest path to stopping global warming is a international economic depression with high fuel prices. So yes, people will be harmed. That's why I added "safely," but you could change the language more.

But I'm not kidding about the methane feedback loop. Here is more detailed information from a couple years ago.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...06-methane.html

Well, that methane loop thing isn't too cool.

So Witch, you confirmed my suspicion about the harm that comes from balance.

I usually try hard to adhere to a strict non-harm principle.

It strikes an interesting ethical issue if I allow myself to believe that the nature of things is that the harm will exactly balance the benefit.

I'll have to think about this a while.

Also (please don't mistake my curiosity for sarcasm) if this is a time when the opportunity exists to make ANYTHING decrease, why not focus more on the root of the problem? ("I want to easily find ignorance decreasing. I want to easily find exploitative mentalities decreasing." etc. )

Maybe you feel the global warming thing is too important/imminent to take the time to start at the root?

peace + love

Chris

I didn't say the harm would exactly balance the benefit. I think that there will be some harm, yes, people will be poorer, some people may die. I think the benefit of keeping all people from dying would vastly outweigh the harm.

My wish isn't for ignorance to decrease. That has already been happening. The general populace is already much more acutely aware of global warming and the consequences of not acting than they were even three years ago. For that matter a quickly dwindling minority of people support George Bush. But George Bush is still in power, and so are the far from ignorant players in Big Oil and Big Coal, and they are the ones interfering with progress on fighting global warming.

If you feel you are strong enough to take on those powerful people, by all means, do so. This spell is more generic, and lets the stars decide how the wish is accomplished. Getting rid of ignorance might happen fully, but that doesn't mean global warming will stop. Magic likes specificity.

Witch

Thanks, I think I have a better idea of where you're coming from and why.

lets the stars decide how the wish is accomplished.

Well... The universe is wise.

You've got good points and good intentions, which tend to convince me.

I've gotta ponder this one though.

Again, respect goes your way for looking out for us all.

peace + love

Chris

Come on guys.... she was asking for help with something, not asking for a debate. :(

Help does not exclude informed help. Ask me to help doing something I see as harmful and I will refuse to help. Ask me to help doing something I see as inefficient and I may do it to humor you, half-heartedly. Ask me to help with something I passionately support to begin with and the magic will be at its strongest. Helping without investing your heart into it is the weakest kind of magic, and generally, it tends to fail.

Also I have Eris in my first house--I enjoy debate! :D

I'm concerned about time constraints. There's not a lot of time, the feedback loops are already triggered. Within the next several years we may reach the point of no return, we may have already reached that now.

Drastic measures could be used to give a temporary reprieve, and by drastic I mean deliberately triggering volcanic eruptions to get enough particulate matter into the air to reflect heat back into space.

Happy to provide science links

A noble cause; a passionate conveyor; a simple task.

You can count me in witch.

Yours humbly,

James

Witch,

If we can add global fascism and Yoda's tummy to the list, I'm in!! :lol:

Seriously though, I'll happily participate just remind me.

Personally, I'm ok with temperature change... Did you know that there were dinosaurs and lush forests on Antarctica at one point?

Having said that, I can't deal with the possibility of rainfall drying up... the whole earth has been a blasted desert on several occasions in the past... that won't happen on Yoda's watch!! :lol:

So I'll add "decreased aridness" to my list!

I have a preference for new age magic where I wish for increases of positive qualities to better work with the law of attraction, but no biggie. I'll do it your way... you are the official taobum witch after all! I'm new to all this and eager to learn. :lol:

Your pal,

Yoda

New moon energy--get Jan Spiller's book. It works pretty well! Like, say, on selling books. *cough* Or getting on TV. Not too well for getting rid of things though *looks at belly* even if you say it backwards.

I'd be careful with the "decreasing aridness" thing. That's getting rid of a lack, it would work better with new moon energy.

Taomeow, I know this thing is very basic--I'm hoping for some extra oomph with the eclipse. But if you have suggestions or different advice, by all means, please let me know!

Yoda, I'm actually worried about an ice age, believe it or not. Long story, but I've been a fiend on researching the science the last couple years. Basically you've got the Big Oil people saying nothing bad is happening at all, and you've got the Al Gore people saying global warming is happening and it's urgent, but not to panic. What both groups are covering up is just how scary it is. It's really scary and we are a lot closer to catastrophe than anyone is talking about, because of these feedback loops.

Here's a link about the dinosaurs

http://www.universetoday.com/2008/04/29/gl...rally-repaired/

If any of your Russian friends can cool things, now would be a handy time

http://www.climateark.org/blog/2008/04/has..._climate_fe.asp

Well, we know a thing or two about cooling things, but mostly vodka -- you do have to chill it if you want to freeze that nasty taste and smell and get the umph without the yuck out of it. (Ice cubes added to room-temperature vodka won't do that. It's similar to what I think the deal with the global warming is: you have to chill the, well, everything. Not just the climate. The politics. The power mongering. The minds of the Fire worshippers. Religions and ideologies and technologies that are upward-progress-hierarchy-pyramid-Fire-like. The climate would chill out by itself then. We're looking at a major Wuxing imbalance, not just a climate problem... But that's me, and I don't ever put ice cubes in my vodka...)

My parents used to work for the oil and gas industries in Russia. My father headed a scientific lab studying combustion processes. I'll ask him. My mother designed pipelines to transport natural gas from the remote Arctic regions. Methane was always a big problem, a contaminant they had to remove, and a lot of technologies were designed to deal specifically with that. I don't know what to believe when it comes to all the oil and gas research and information because there's so many ulterior motives mixed into the deal. I don't know if global warming is any different from anything else people make fake names in science out of. Do you know that there's Russian research, at least a large chunk of it, that denies the "fossil fuel" model of what oil is to begin with, both theoretically and empirically? Some scientists assert that Russia doesn't have any more oil than any other randomly selected place, it's just that they use a different model for where to look for deposits, the non-fossil model, and that's why they're finding so much more than the fossil-model geologists elsewhere. How do you like the idea of "everything we ever learned in kindergarten, high school, or college was BS?" That's a model I always take into account when dealing with "common-knowledge knowledge..."

I like your idea For reducing pollution but I'm all for global warming. I don't think the debate scientifically is over on man made climate change. There are other ideas on whats happening as well. I know its become incredibly politically incorrect to state as such these days but I just don't trust Al Gore (Bushes skull and bones buddy) , What about the evidence to suggest that the increase in Solar flares since the 70's is heating up every planet in the solar system and that its probably cyclical.

It may have inadvertently stopped another ice age, (good for us)

I do think it highly possible that its both us and Mother Nature at work at the same time.

Also Something has to stop or at least really slow down Our insane Military/Industrial/progress rampage into destruction.

I LOVE and Trust in Nature, She will always return to balance. We might not be so lucky if we continue in our ways.

Still I'm all for Ritual to effect change and am open to hear more on climate change issues.

Seth.

P.S. did you know Corporations are highly susceptible to Spell work? :lol:

P.S. did you know Corporations are highly susceptible to Spell work? :lol:

A "corporation" is a magical concept to begin with -- literally it means an "incarnaiton," "acquisition of a material body by an immaterial entity."

the ice poles of planet Mars are melting too...

there is a theory that the global warming is an effect of our Solar System passing thru an intense energy zone of the Milky Way

so...?

:rolleyes:

the ice poles of planet Mars are melting too...

there is a theory that the global warming is an effect of our Solar System passing thru an intense energy zone of the Milky Way

so...?

:rolleyes:

but chemicals -- over 100 000 new ones every year, with less than 1% ever tested for impact on live things --

thrown upon life on Earth in the amount of billions of tons every year --

that's not coming from the Milky Way, that's man-made. Are they causing the global warming, among other interesting things they're doing to life on Earth? Maybe. If they didn't, would I still feel the same about them? I would. How do I feel about them? Like a cat with a long tail in a room full of rocking chairs.

but chemicals -- over 100 000 new ones every year, with less than 1% ever tested for impact on live things --

thrown upon life on Earth in the amount of billions of tons every year --

that's not coming from the Milky Way, that's man-made. Are they causing the global warming, among other interesting things they're doing to life on Earth? Maybe. If they didn't, would I still feel the same about them? I would. How do I feel about them? Like a cat with a long tail in a room full of rocking chairs.

a while ago you said something interesting about oil and oiling companies, and made some interesting connections with entity practice...

is garbage a medium for the "incarnation" of a certain type of beings?

also, wouldnt you agree that man and man-made chemicals also fit into the great equation of life... if human free will is only a tiny speck compared to the will of nature and universe, wouldnt this all suppose to happen anyway?

picture the earth 1.000.000 years ago, when it was nothing but hot lava, and then look at the structure of trees and plants... any ideas? where did it all come from?

it's a long shot, but i hope i made some sense :)

God bless

L1

Now I'm angry. I wasn't expecting that crap here. Big Oil has conducted a massive, massive disinformation and propaganda campaign online and elsewhere. Science has clearly refuted both of those arguments. Some planets in the solar system are warming, some are cooling, so that solar flare theory is ridiculous.

This is a good one stop shop to get all the denier debunking you'd like:

http://www.realclimate.org/

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archi...ndex/#Responses

in particular on Mars

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archi...arming-on-mars/

and cosmic rays

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archi...-die-so-easily/

To track the tentacles of Big Oil, this is a good website

http://www.exxonsecrets.org

Even George Bush admits now that manmade global warming is real. It's real. It's happening now. It's very dangerous.

I've calmed down. Just to be clear, I'm only angry at this propaganda hydra I've been fighting for years now. I was surprised to see it pop up here. My apologies for losing my temper.

A "corporation" is a magical concept to begin with -- literally it means an "incarnaiton," "acquisition of a material body by an immaterial entity."

Taomeow,

Amazing thought!!!!

Thanks!

Yoda

Sign in to follow this