宁

Your Last Breath On Earth

:)

So, what would you regret?

Where do you belive you will go?

This is a "deadly" :lol: serious question. One of the masters I talked with said that there is a big connection between alchemy practice and a strong sense of afterlife.

Also, a strong sense of purpose in this life.

If this would be the day, where are you on the map of your journey?

Take a deep breath, and jump in!

^_^

^_^

This is a wonderful question I contemplate every day.

Its now maby 10 years since I realized Im really going to die and it is meaningless to feel miserable. I had a big change when I was so depressed that killing myself wouldt give me enough misery. I had tunnelvision when I decided to live the rest of my life as miserable as I could. The day after it all was surprinsingly dissolving. And since then I have been building my life in a way that makes me not regret it when I die.

If this where my last breath it would be a happy one. I have the girl I love, the job I love, the cultivation method I love, and I have created my life from a suicidal bottom to the the way it is now. I would feel a little proud actually. And I have nothing to regret because I have learned from my mistakes.

I dont know exactly where on the map of my souls evoultion I am, but Im pretty shure Im on track.

6.Rupa-raga: "attachment to the form realms." That is, still binding ourselves to Samsara.

7.Arupa-raga: "attachment to the formless realms." (http://sped2work.tripod.com/fetters.html)

I will probably stick around somewhere, no idea where. After enlightenment do some washing and grocery shopping.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

I'm a believer in return to unification. (At least that's the closest I can think to word it)

Someone said "The happiness of the drop is to die in the river."

That just about sums up how I see death.

Sadly I'm still pretty attached to the material world and my body, so if this were THE time for me I'm not sure I'd face it with the composure I'd wish for.

I kind of have a feeling that at the very last minute everyone lets go and it's peaceful. Maybe that's just wishful thinking.

As far as afterlife, it has always seemed to me that we'd have trouble understanding an afterlife, since we are currently alive. The ideas of "going somewhere" or "not going somewhere", "still existing" or "no longer existing", might not apply outside of life.

peace + love

Chris

Well, that depends, would I die right now? If so, not practicing as much and as well as I could. If you mean the last breath I will take at end of my life, then I now hope that at that time I will not have the regret of not practicing as much and as well as I could.

Depends on karma.

There's a map? :lol:

Total beginner is where I'm at...

Not spending more time with my children when they were younger.

I'm always, already here.

I am the map. What else could I possibly be?

:)

How about you, Little1? How do you feel about your questions?

:lol: i'm more of a listener than a talker

okay,

if i should die today, in my last moments i would do what i try to do best: take responsability for everything good or bad that happened to me. embrace my whole life once more. a moment of thankfullness and pride and victory that i didnt come to walk this earth in my sleep... but have tried to taste the journey...

a Great Thank You, I will remember you... then...

i think i will remain for a while, as a presence.

until something greater than me would call me for another unknown task...

how do i feel about the question? they give definition to the very essence of a person... they are not easy to answer.

Good luck, to us all

Edited by Little1

I believe death is sloppiness, and an outcome of a sloppy life. If I die, I will despise myself for having failed to take advantage of the immortality option offered every taoist.

I don't want to go "up and forward," I want to go "back." My ideal is life on Earth between one hundred and one hundred fifty thousand years ago. Since taoist sciences don't believe in linear time, and instead are studies into real time, which is cyclic, circular, spiraling, loopy, etc., getting to my place... um, time... of preference is every bit as realistic an outcome of cultivation (provided that's your goal and destination) as any other.

If I get there, I will mess the hell outta everybody's civilized "future," I will try to prevent it, I will try to send history on a different loop altogether. So when civilization you all know and love dissipates like mist, like fog, like smoke screens and mirrors blown away with one gust of the Great Wind over the Valley of the Mysterious Female, and in the sparkling blue morning air fragrant with ten thousand blooms you hear the Valley Spirit laugh --

...that's how you will know I did what I meant to do. :D

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

Non, je ne regrette rien. One would only regret past actions if they weren't what you wanted at that time.

I have done everything in my power to be as happy as I can be when presented with a choice. If things didn't go to plan it was generally due to external influences. They were the right decision for me then and that's all that matters. I stick by those decisions because they make up my experience in this life.

To regret anything would be to mock your life with disappointment... I should've done this, I should've done that... Codswallop. Regretting also stops one from enjoying the ride. Quite simply, fuck it if it could've gone better, who cares?

My ego will die, so if anything is left over that'll remain as it always has.

In the middle where I have always been. Fairing my way between one polarity to the next. My true nature knows where I'm going, I have no need to bother my conceptual mind with it.

^_^

Gladly :)

Most humble,

James

"I" will return to where I came from. I do not know where that is, but the taoist philosophy I have been studying, and the observations I have made, assures me that it is natural and good.

My human form will return to it's elements.

What is next remains the great mystery. It adds excitement to life.

I believe death is sloppiness, and an outcome of a sloppy life. If I die, I will despise myself for having failed to take advantage of the immortality option offered every taoist.

I don't want to go "up and forward," I want to go "back." My ideal is life on Earth between one hundred and one hundred fifty thousand years ago. Since taoist sciences don't believe in linear time, and instead are studies into real time, which is cyclic, circular, spiraling, loopy, etc., getting to my place... um, time... of preference is every bit as realistic an outcome of cultivation (provided that's your goal and destination) as any other.

If I get there, I will mess the hell outta everybody's civilized "future," I will try to prevent it, I will try to send history on a different loop altogether. So when civilization you all know and love dissipates like mist, like fog, like smoke screens and mirrors blown away with one gust of the Great Wind over the Valley of the Mysterious Female, and in the sparkling blue morning air fragrant with ten thousand blooms you hear the Valley Spirit laugh --

...that's how you will know I did what I meant to do. :D

death can be really sloppy... imagine someone chocking to death on a chinese noodle :lol:

i didnt ask about a death where you had a choise, but one that, you know, just happened... an unexpected guest, unplanned for. a mistery...

L1

Hmm regrets, sorry but I don't understand.

When I die I expect my ego will fall away like petals from a flower. I will enter the white field from whence my seeds of potentiality will arise once more and begin the process of clothing themselves.

This prose I wrote twenty five years ago when I was sixteen says it all:

The thought trickled through,

Stammering with an ungraceful carelessness,

Beating down on existence,

In touching remorse for times lullaby.

I scraped the debris from the path,

Revealing an answer in whispered text,

The remembrance of pain laid still in a moist emotion,

The ragged edge of memory beckoned.

How much longer must I wait,

A frenzied thought amongst the makes,

Of different times,

And different states.

Don't get me wrong I'm a fairly happy-go-lucky guy although I do strive to be impartial. I'm also pretty weary of emotion as there always seems to be a price. There's been times in my life when I've been very happy and there's been time's when I've been suicidal but as said above I don't understand regret.

If I had to go now it would be OK. I'm not sure if I've got a map though and I don't feel as if I'm on a journey. I suppose I'm laying down in my boat and the boat is on the river or ocean and I'm just staring at the bright blue sky feeling a gentle rocking sensation as I watch clouds float by.

Yes I'm a pretty aimless soul, call me a bum if you like. :)