Sign in to follow this  
linuxva

About Bruce Lee

Hi guys ,

In Enter the dragon ...Bruce is a Shaolin monk ?

In Silent Flute ....a taoist ?

In real life was a : buddhist , taoist ....christian ? or none of this ?

Vali

I have not seen Silent Flute, I will have to check that out.

From what I have observed, I don't think one can draw the line and say "this person is a buddhist; that person is a taoist." when it comes to Chinese people. I guess because Buddhism and Taoism are so much a part of the culture that it's possible to see someone burn incense and bow before a statue of a buddha, but have bagua mirrors hung around the house.

As far as Bruce Lee, all I know is that he was into philosophy and was really into the stuff that Krishnamurti wrote. He claimed that after he earned $10 million and achieved world-wide fame that in 1980 he would begin some sort of cultivation, but well, he did not live long enough for us to find out what path he would choose.

I think considering how diversified Lee's mind was in his acquisition of knowledge, it's a safe bet that he adopted no one true way.

I can't remember what the name of the book was, since I lent/gave it to a freind of mine a long time ago, but it was called essentially 'the Tao and its Way' by Bruce Lee, a book teaching martial arts and his thoughts. It had the same thing going on as any good Taoist text, talking about olives and wine, somehow related to fighting, and confusing the masses. Hehe.

Yeah, he spoke of the Tao. Nothing is for sure, so... there you go.

Sign in to follow this