Sign in to follow this  
Patrick Brown

High frequency tone!

I keep getting a very high frequency tone in my ears it sounds as if it's around 13 kHZ. It's currently not a problem although slightly annoying as it can last for days at a time. Anybody got any ideas as to what's causing it? I did get this a lot when I was a child.

I get this from time to time, got it at the moment.

Rather irritating at night time!

I find loads of things can induce it; energy work, neck tension, bad food, or just too much wax in the ears!!! Yum :)

I was recommended a few drops of olive oil in each ear on a health website and this worked quite well. Takes some time to take effect though.

I get this from time to time, got it at the moment.

Rather irritating at night time!

I find loads of things can induce it; energy work, neck tension, bad food, or just too much wax in the ears!!! Yum :)

I was recommended a few drops of olive oil in each ear on a health website and this worked quite well. Takes some time to take effect though.

Hi Emily,

If the drops of olive oil in the ear worked quite well, why do you "... got it at the moment" ?

Patrick,

The high pitched ringing in the ears is a by-product of deep meditation. There are some posts about it at the AYP forum:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp?TOP...ing+in+the+ears

For me, the ringing never goes away. Both ears, and it's louder in the left. I read in a Dhyanyogi book called "Light on Meditation" that the sound is actually the hissing of the kundalini.

:)

TI

Hi Emily,

If the drops of olive oil in the ear worked quite well, why do you "... got it at the moment" ?

It comes back periodically, I treat it, it goes away!!! A-B-C!!! :D

Patrick that's your "lower" energy -- or as qigong master chunyi Lin states -- ringing in the ears is the kidney energy. So you're building up the kidney energy -- sublimating the sex energy -- or ionizing the serotonin from the sex hormones -- through the vagus nerve, along the inner ear. The inner ear nerve then connects to the pineal gland.

I keep getting a very high frequency tone in my ears it sounds as if it's around 13 kHZ.
Lol, how did you estimate its frequency?

I heard a high pitch tone this past Saturday morning, as well.

Later on in the weekend, I got some food poisoning (I think)... <_<

As I recovered over the last few days, I've had some dream yoga the last 2 nights (something I normally haven't had). In one, I was being worked on energetically during my dream and still had lingering sensations there when I woke up. Odd. Anyone else ever get that? :huh:

Edited by vortex

Lol, how did you estimate its frequency?

I used to be a sound engineer in a demo studio years ago so I have a far idea what frequency certain tones are at. I've still got the tone but it's not annoying me.

This video only goes up to 5kHZ and the average upper limit for an adult is about 15kHZ

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The ringing I most often have is lower around 6K or 8K - but then again, when I was young I had some severe otitis media and the docs saw fit to puncture my eardrums and vacuum the suckers out :o

You're right though...doing sound engineering does give you a baseline to be able to recognize frequencies :)

Hey Patrick yesterday I discovered "sonodynamics" -- there's several Science Citation Index peer-reviewed abstracts explaining that ultrasound is effective for curing cancer.

Sonodynamics uses similar terms to qigong "scanning", etc.

http://www.sonodynamics.com/sdfaq.htm

My point is that if you read the book "Magic of the Senses" by biophysicist Droscher -- he details that ULTRASOUND IS HEARD BUT ONLY WITHIN THE HEAD (not as an external sound).

So meditation focuses and resonates the ultrasound, thereby ionizing out chemicals for the creation of "photodynamics" -- use of light for healing.

Just for the record, but also because it might be of interest, I also often hear bells. They generally tend to be fairly high frequency like Tingsha (meditation cymbals) but can also be lower in frequency. Many a time have I jumped out of bed early in the morning thinking I heard the front door bell!

Years ago I did hear one perfect flute note which seemed to come from inside my head. It does mention these types of experience in the Upanishads although I'm not sure about Buddhism and Taoism.

And yes the tone is still there.

I keep getting a very high frequency tone in my ears it sounds as if it's around 13 kHZ. It's currently not a problem although slightly annoying as it can last for days at a time. Anybody got any ideas as to what's causing it? I did get this a lot when I was a child.

In Chinese medicine ringing in the ears generally indicates an abundance of yang relative to yin. Were I to guess the imbalance in your case more specifically, I would say liver fire (because it generally has fast onset and high pitch).

Tell me:

Has your throat been dry or have you had a bitter taste in your mouth upon waking?

Red face and/or eyes?

Very yellow urine?

Very dry bowel movements?

Yellow coating on your tongue?

or

Fast pulse (or faster than your normal)?

(If this sounds right, then we can discuss what to do about it)

As for the low pitch joeblast, for curiosity's sake, do you tend to experience some of these symptoms:

Light headedness or dizziness?

Sore/painful lower-back and/or knees?

Insomnia?

Night sweats?

Nocturnal emission?

Dry mouth?

or

Hot sensations in your palms, soles, and chest?

These are symptoms of Kidney Yin Deficiency, which tends to be accompanied by low pitch ringing.

No-one should have long-term ringing in the ears. Kundalini and many other qigong practices will create a temporary surplus of fire/yang/qi that can cause ringing in the ears. However, under correct conditions (proper diet, rest, etc), Yang with give birth to Yin, your body will balance itself out, and your whole Taiji will be bigger for it (more yin and more yang). Under improper conditions, excessive Yang will burn off Yin and you will first get hot and dry.

Yang is the fire, Yin is the fuel.

Yang is fast, Yin is slow.

If you ask me, the reason the fast path (the mind path) usually fails has nothing to do with speed. Rather, it's a problem of insufficient fuel. To break orbit a rocket needs speed and fuel. This is the Taoist thought on the matter. Use your Qi to acquire Jing. With enough Jing, your spiritual rocket can break orbit.

Edited by 松永道

Great post. I love getting the inside scoop from chinese medicine...I know there are other threads on this, but where did you learn how to diagnose with it like that? I'm interested in learning that!

Great post. I love getting the inside scoop from chinese medicine...I know there are other threads on this, but where did you learn how to diagnose with it like that? I'm interested in learning that!

This diagnosis is nothing special. It's just out of a very large book of symptoms. You first look up a symptom, there is a description of the most common disharmonies that may produce that symptom. Additionally, each disharmony may produce a slightly different version of that symptom (high vs low pitch ringing for instance) as well as other symptoms that tend to occur for a given disharmony. Also it describes the movement of Qi of how a disharmony becomes said symptom.

Of course it's still better to get a diagnosis is in person. Books like this may give a good description of a stereotypical disharmony but of course very few people completely fit a stereotype. However, as long as you're using it to just get a general sense of what's going on as opposed to creating a treatment plan, no worries.

I use a book is called 中医症状鉴别诊断学 (Zhongyi Zhengzhuang Jianbie Zhenduan Xue), I'm sure there are english versions but they may not go into quite as much depth.

Whoa, slow down guys... there is the physical tinnusitis and then there are "inner sounds". Don't confuse the two and don't confuse the level which chinese medicine is operating at as well. "Inner sounds", continous or not, are part of the path.

Best,

Matt

From what I know the high pitchringing in the ears is quite common, for me anyway. Usually you can only hear this when things around you are very silent, along with your mind. You can quite readily begin to hear it simply by using some ear plugs to block out all outside noise. The ringing, whatever it's from, is a nice center point for focus if you're meditating and trying to quiet your thoughts.

Whoa, slow down guys... there is the physical tinnusitis and then there are "inner sounds". Don't confuse the two and don't confuse the level which chinese medicine is operating at as well. "Inner sounds", continous or not, are part of the path.

Good comment.

There are of course sounds produced by cultivation, however, just because they happen as a result of cultivation doesn't mean they have nothing to do with Chinese medicine. Of course, they very likely do not fit into a common disease pattern. Nevertheless, in most cases certain dynamics are the same. Surplus fire/qi/yang relative to water/blood/yin can cause ringing ears for example. In other cases, for the stranger sounds, the dynamics may be completely different.

For the most part, Chinese medicine deals with the next densest level of Qi, right after the physical level. That's because this level has the most to do with immune system, metabolic function, etc. 2nd chakra/lower dan tian stuff. You could be full on psychic and still have problems here. In fact, many people who rush to "high level" stuff too early do develop problems here. Now if their system is good, these problems will get balanced out over time. However in the pick-and-choose culture of modern cultivation, who knows?

Overall, I think a basic understanding of medicine and disharmony patterns can particularly benefit cultivators, especially folks who might be inclined to think everything is a good sign. On the other hand, in the course of cultivation, old disease patterns may come out (producing fever, soar throat, aches, etc) and these are in fact good signs because they signify Zhen (good) Qi overcoming Xie (disease) Qi (often called "the healing crisis"). After all, symptoms are, for the most part, the body's reaction to illness, not the illness itself.

As for the low pitch joeblast, for curiosity's sake, do you tend to experience some of these symptoms:

Light headedness or dizziness? only when intoxicated B) (I'm not the most hardcore of cultivators here...)

Sore/painful lower-back and/or knees? Ruptured the disc in between L5 and sacrum when I was 19 due to various injuries, impacts, what have you...had osgood-schlatter knee disorder growing up...my back was mostly what led me to discover qigong 4, 5 years ago. stretching and practice keeps them at bay. probably one of the biggest reasons I do kunlun, because it heals so much better than anything else I've tried.

Insomnia? I sleep like a downed tree

Night sweats? nope

Nocturnal emission? never had too much of an issue there :lol:

Dry mouth? see my first answer

or

Hot sensations in your palms, soles, and chest? only when doing practices that focus there

These are symptoms of Kidney Yin Deficiency, which tends to be accompanied by low pitch ringing.

No-one should have long-term ringing in the ears. Kundalini and many other qigong practices will create a temporary surplus of fire/yang/qi that can cause ringing in the ears. However, under correct conditions (proper diet, rest, etc), Yang with give birth to Yin, your body will balance itself out, and your whole Taiji will be bigger for it (more yin and more yang). Under improper conditions, excessive Yang will burn off Yin and you will first get hot and dry.

Yang is the fire, Yin is the fuel.

Yang is fast, Yin is slow.

If you ask me, the reason the fast path (the mind path) usually fails has nothing to do with speed. Rather, it's a problem of insufficient fuel. To break orbit a rocket needs speed and fuel. This is the Taoist thought on the matter. Use your Qi to acquire Jing. With enough Jing, your spiritual rocket can break orbit.

Good call, Matthew! There is certainly a difference - sometimes it seems as if its one or the other with me.

tags and spelling, lol... :rolleyes:

Edited by joeblast

Just for the record, but also because it might be of interest, I also often hear bells. They generally tend to be fairly high frequency like Tingsha (meditation cymbals) but can also be lower in frequency. Many a time have I jumped out of bed early in the morning thinking I heard the front door bell!

Years ago I did hear one perfect flute note which seemed to come from inside my head. It does mention these types of experience in the Upanishads although I'm not sure about Buddhism and Taoism.

And yes the tone is still there.

i just recently read a book:

The Inner Path of the Warrior

published by Line of Intent Books (Alex Kozma's publishing company)

interesting because a section was devoted to inner sound

and correlated the different chakras with different sounds

if i remember there was one that was supposed to sound like bells and one that was supposed to sound like a flute note

i also hear the ringing...

(no other sounds though- need to practice more lol... )

FRanklin

interesting because a section was devoted to inner sound

and correlated the different chakras with different sounds

Yes I've, err, heard that! :lol: But seriously there are a whole bunch of sounds which seem to resonate with the chakra's and some people figure there's some secret to Tibetan singing bowls. Hmm harmony and harmonics! Let's dance.

It's all so beautiful. :)

syngeskaale.jpg

gautama-buddha.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qCnkSMholc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qCnkSMholc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qCnkSMholc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BeautyKiss.jpg

Untitled-10.jpg

From a friend:

>>>>>>>>>>>>

really good taobum conversation. as i think about it more, yes, the sounds are always there, put in the background, usually, otherwise theyll annoy the f out of you. two thoughts ... i remember going to a performance of tibetan monks blowing their long horns [at yale, so it was a spritual cultural event, not entertainment] ... they played quite a long while. i was totally stoned tripping from it...really really great feeling. i was there with stephen, he felt the same thing. i loved it....

the head songs/ sounds.... there is a deep pressure sound when i'm in the mountains. i noticed it a few weeks ago when gail and i were at the b and b in the gunks [the shawagunk mountains].. i noticed it at bed time...there was pure silence [bliss!] in the night air, and the deep physical vibration in my head. cool....theres another sound at the ocean.. a different physical feeling on the body and in the head, but delicious...

when i heard the sound at the b and b i realized how much i missed it..not the sound, per se, but the whole body experience. interesting, tho, when i lived in california, i was right on the shore [very very strong energy, as the monteray bay is inordinantly deep] and the extremely high mountains flew up from the sea immediately beside santa cruz. i spent a lot of time in the high mountain, as i worked at the university located among the trees up there.

but, the interesting thing was, the sea and mountains, whose energies have always been so dear to me, were alien there. i 'knew' these were not my sea and mountains. i 'knew' i did not belong here no matter how drop dead gorgeous everything was... there were other issues, too, such as the extreme dryness with the inappropriate 'gardening and artificial watering of the 'lawns', etc. but the land was not 'mine.

funny, these things i am writing now, have always been with me, but not necessarily 'thought' of in words, as i've never really discussed them as a whole package....oh, how i love the music of the spheres

a read a two volume book years and years ago by that name, i thinkt the authors name was gardner, anyway, really wonderful reading, but he never stopped one thought. the started a new one. the two big [well, for paperbacks] books were one long stream of consciousness concept. i never figured out how to really absorb what he had to say unless i started reading in the beginning and never stopped expect to pee til i got to the end..

anyway, it was a good combo of real science and our old friend esoteric reality [an oxymoron?] but he wrote about the song being sung in the heavens constantly evolving, as all the sweet thingys [my phrase] twirled and spun and danced their dance, and how it was always changing [obviously slowly]...anyway, he tied this in with the little itty bitty time line of our civilization [a one-word oxymoron when attached to OUR history !] anyway, say you'd like to have a sense of our reality a thousand years ago in oxford... unless you heard the sound of oxfords vibration at that time, you wouldnt have a clue to the reality of the people at that time, even if you could observe it on a large HD TV screen in your livingroom.....its a nice thought, that we are part of the song. too bad soo many people are singing off key

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Sign in to follow this