Sign in to follow this  
mwight

A Free Gift To Aid You All In Your Qigong/Neigong Training

I assume everyone here who has studied the various schools of qigong and neigong on the market know exactly how important deep, full and slow abdominal breathing is. It is the key to going deeper into the void, the emptiness, the tao, universe however you wish to phrase it.

I don't think most people really comprehend how important this one simple thing is. I myself have trouble pacing my breathing so I thought I would create a custom audio file of ocean waves timed exactly to the frequency of 3 breaths per minute. This helps me tremendously as it takes the guess work out of how many breaths per minute you are doing.

Instructions for use:

(no headphones required, this is not a binaural beat program)

The purpose of this file is to help you time your breath perfectly for optimal meditation, and to give you a background noise to focus on and keep you from having distracting thoughts. It is VERY effective.

1. Get something to drink and use the bathroom beforehand, turn off your phone/cellphone, and or other distractions, stretch each part of your body 3 or 4 times, sit in a recliner or full or half lotus, but do not lay down. If you eat wait 45 minutes before meditating. Set the mp3 to repeat or loop on your cd player if you burned it to disc

2. Breath in as the wave comes in, breath out as it goes out. Do this slowly and effortlessly, relax. Focus on your lower tan tein feel the breath flowing through your body, refreshing like ocean mist in the morning. Feel the emptiness of the universe, merge with the universe. Feel the energy coming into you and leaving with the wave. Feel don't visualize.

3. Continue focusing on timing your breathing to the wave, focus on breathing and most importantly feeling the emptiness. Do not think about anything else focus! You should meditate for an hour for maximum results.

This was created and encoded in linux :) GEEK POWER! :D

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zn7bt1

Edited by mwight

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw !

party time

when i do breath awareness my breaths are pretty quick because i don't try to force it, i try to let go and let the body breathe.. relaxing more and more will make the breaths longer and less frequent right?

or do you have to consciously slow down and breathe deeper?

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw !

party time

when i do breath awareness my breaths are pretty quick because i don't try to force it, i try to let go and let the body breathe.. relaxing more and more will make the breaths longer and less frequent right?

or do you have to consciously slow down and breathe deeper?

relaxing more will automatically make your breathing slower, yes. I made this file to help myself pace my breathing. You try to synchronize with the wave. I find this helps me a lot, and leads to some amazingly deep states after an hour or two. I just wanted to share it with everyone.

It helps you consciously slow down your breaths, its meant as a tool to synchronize your breath with so you don't have to guess if your breathing frequency is too fast.

breath in 10 seconds breath out 10 seconds, this is 20 seconds per breath cycle. 3 per minute :)

Edited by mwight

hey mwight,

do you think you could make a 20- or 30-minute audio of 2 breaths per minute rather than 3? i think this is a BRILLIANT idea, but it's too fast for me and my peeps.

i would gladly contribute some cash to the cause if you're willing.

;)

hey mwight,

do you think you could make a 20- or 30-minute audio of 2 breaths per minute rather than 3? i think this is a BRILLIANT idea, but it's too fast for me and my peeps.

i would gladly contribute some cash to the cause if you're willing.

;)

ah you can do 2 per minute? I am impressed :) Sure I will redo these and have a 30 minute 3bpm, a 30 minute 2 bpm, and a 30 minute 1bpm.

no cash required man :D this is easy stuff, uploading takes a while though. I do need a real host for these files though. Does anyone here have a spare server they could host them on?

Here you go:

30 minutes at 3 Breaths Per Minute 256Kbps :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zn7bt1

30 minutes at 2 Breaths Per Minute 256Kbps :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/m6tn56

30 minutes at 1 Breath Per Minute 256Kbps :) (actually one breath per 50 seconds, 25 inhale 25 exhale, thats the most I could do on my program sorry :C )

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c3xyso

Edited by mwight

it may take a few days, but i may be able to host these on my website. i'll talk with my guy later today to see if he'll do that for me.

thank you SO much!

:lol:

Sign in to follow this