Gerard

Full-lotus fallacy

Yeah well more "drew this..." analysis. Ummm I have a blog where I post ALL my posts online that I think other people might be interested in so if you're looking for info that's not directly related to energy work but has possible more political leanings, etc. (kind of like what I've just posted on the theosophy forum) or more science leanings, etc.

http://mothershiplanding.blogspot.com

Anyway keep in mind that I read a book a day -- on all topics but mainly nonfiction -- so I do that will sitting in full-lotus and having these mutual climaxes at a distance with females. Sure there's a lot of nuances to this and you'd have to read ALL my posts on the topic -- probably by searching "orgasm at a distance" or this dude in Amerstand -- oh wait this old dude can't wait to use this computer.

anyway Qigong master Chunyi Lin -- well I was lucky to have quite a bit of personal experience with him by taking his classes over several years. So he is really an amazing healer....

Finally it IS the full moon so as if know one has noticed? haha. As Lin says the energy is 10 times stronger during the full moon.

sitting in full lotus is no big deal

get the "secrets of stretching" dvd by tom kurz to help you open up your hips (thanks to Trunk). i downloaded it off a torrent website, i'm sure you can too.

Hello Mantis,

Could you please provide the link to "secrets of stretching" DVD? (torrent website?)

Thank You,

Edward Richards

Yeah I know what you mean Janus about subtle manipulations in the way people communicate, and it can be easy to allow it to descend into a type of "warfare" especially if it's with a friend. It's easy to over-analyze and blow out of proportion these "negative" interactions. I used to do it all the time before I got into qigong (cannabis and psilocybin mushrooms played a role in those days). I still enjoy analyzing it but I don't fear it or try to struggle against it, because in my opinion that's just giving more power to it. The best defense in my opinion is having faith in yourself and compassion for the other person. Not to see what they're doing as "negative" but just "confused" because they don't know any better. It's just what they're accustomed to. I think we've all been programmed from the time we're young by society to psychically attack each other in subtle ways to get what we want.

Chunyi Lin puts it in a good way in SFQ Level II, in terms of energy healing, not to think of it as "bad energy" but just energy that's misplaced and needs to find a new home in the universe. I think that model can be applied to everyday interactions.

Here's another example of a strange interaction that fits into what we're talking about.

A couple weeks ago I was riding the light-rail train in Portland. There was this totally "mean" looking Hispanic guy (like one of those people who you look at and you know they've probably been in prison) sitting in a section of the train with 3 other seats. The train was crowded and nobody was sitting in his section, even standing up just to avoid him. One guy actually started to sit down in his section, then saw him, then got up and sat in another four-seat section that already had THREE people sitting in it. It was obvious that people were afraid of this guy. I sat down in a seat in front of his section, facing him directly. I could have avoided him like everybody else, and he probably was aware of that. I looked slightly to the side out the window but could see out of the corner of my eye that he was "mad dogging" me. Now intuition (which I cannot prove) was telling me that I was sending him an energetic message of "I see you as a person like anybody else, no big deal, and I accept you unconditionally" and he was sending a message back of "I want you to be intimidated by me otherwise I have to leave my comfort zone. I'm too afraid of a friendly interaction (love) because I'm so accustomed to making people afraid." So I began to move my eyes toward him slowly (smiling the whole time), and he began to tense up, his arms crossed and he started to figgit and squirm in his seat. When I looked to the side again, he went back to making the mean face. So I did it again, and again for a third time. Every time my eyes moved closer, he'd get nervous, and every time my eyes moved away, he'd get angry. My intuition told me that moving my eyes closer to him in a slow fashion while smiling was "disarming" the hostility he was directing toward me, which was replaced by fear, of a potential "good" interaction that might occur, resulting in nervous tension.

Yes "mad dogging" -- that's an EXCELLENT term. People project their lower emotions as energy all the time it's just the lower emotions don't get processed by their pineal gland -- not just their OWN but OTHERS' lower emotions as well.

So the full-lotus, because of the harmonics of yin and yang, transforms the lower emotions (fear, anger, sadness, worry, lust) into love-light.

Males "mad dog" me -- because of sexual jealousy. So I just shoot energy into them as well -- all while sitting in full-lotus. These are just emotions tied to sensations but they get shot out the pineal gland as "Love-light." The energy, based on complementary opposites, goes through physical walls, floors, etc. So even though it's electrochemical or electromagnetic it can go through physical material -- because it's tied to consciousness. Not sure what that means in terms of science -- but then no one really knows what "chi" is -- it's known to be a combination of information, energy and matter. I would use the Bose-Einstein Condensate as a model -- sort of a superconducting plasma of ionized consciousness. Physicist Danah Zohar also relies on the Bose-Einstein Condensate while Dr. Mae-Wan Ho calls it a "liquid crystal" of biophotons.

Projecting lower emotions as energy is exactly how I would describe what I've noticed too. I'm not sure if I'm doing the same thing as you, Drew, after all I don't sit in full lotus in public, but I've definitely had enough experiences to confirm to myself at least that I am doing something to "transform" that energy and somehow neutralize it. Exorcising it, as you say. The male starts out angry at me and ends up being respectful, sometimes nervous even like in the previous example.

I don't do any "shooting" of energy out of my body, at least to my awareness, but rather I focus on compassion for the other person as well as a firm conviction that I am protected by the universe and will not be harmed. So maybe this attitude of confidence plus compassion, driven by good chi from regular practice, is having a similar "exorcising" effect as your more refined approach of using energy in a specific way...

Yeah I do what the Bushmen calling "trancing" -- so Nisa, the Bushmen who had a biography written about her, states:

"God watches the sick person, the healer TRANCES her."

I've found that it's best to keep my chin tucked in because then the pulsating of my adam's apple (from the vagus nerve pulsating) is not as noticeable. Still it's not unusual for people to do a double take when they see the pulsations as the energy is shooting into females around me. As for the female reactions -- yesterday this stressed out pregnant worker at McDs (with whom I've had previous O at a Ds) sought me out after we made connection. She just sat on the other side of the window, outside. My buddy I sit with -- this 64 year old dude -- he's been struggling with accepting my behavior but I just keep sitting in full-lotus, shooting energy into him. He was obese when I first met him and he's since lost lots of weight. Otherwise I just sit outside facing the street corners -- reading and sitting in full-lotus. As females (near the university) all converge on the street corner then my vagus nerve just pulsates energy into them and we have "O at a Ds." Sometimes they will sit in the INSIDE of whatever place I'm at -- on the other side of the window. After a couple "O at a Ds" then the female will turn herself towards me so that I'm shooting the energy right into her yoni. That way the energy flows very easily and we have maybe 5 or 7 "O at a Ds." Essentially when the climax occurs it "empties out" your conceptual consciousness which, for most modern people, is fixated on stressful thoughts.

Mmm, Strange forum, From Lotus? to Orgasms at a distance :lol:

some of my thoughts are:

I have been able to orgasm internally at will, for probably the last 10 years and I don't get what the big deal about this is. Its a very minor step in the tantric tradition, and it comes from piercing the second chakra knot.

Just writing about it is turning it on as it simply responds to thought/awareness.

There is nothing particularly spiritual about it either, just a normal ability of the nervous system.Full lotus has nothing to do with its strength or effect by the way.

It is good for quieting the mind so is helpful for Samahdi.

Yes one can send it to others, but whoa! one has to be careful. The Ego (for most men)(yes mine too) Loves being able to 'make' a Woman squirm! what a great feeling, but we are talking about a spiritual path here and i think there are more than enough stories warning about what happens When the Ego gets some power and is allowed to run with it.

I may be accused of being conservative but this is the reason the tantric path is said to be the quickest and also the most Dangerous! I know plenty of people who learnt these skills and never progressed further. Some are quite simply Abusers of women. The pattern: Find (generally low self esteem) women, O at a D them, they become completely entranced (that someone so 'developed' :lol: is interested in them) and join the harem. Usally the male in these situations is sucking far more than he is giving (although he would never admit that to himself) and you can see beautiful young girls quickly dry up. It's sad.

A classic case of Tantric Vampirism.

What about the ethics of shooting O energy at a stranger, is it any different to popping out da Lingam and going for a face shot at a stranger? I know the pineal says there 'open to it' but really. Say they get home after, feeling weird about whatever happened and Kundalini wakes. No teacher, no knowledge, just Blam! that takes some people to suicide - I'm not joking. What are the repercussions that you dont know about.

I ran a kundalini support group for years with a friend, and I can tell you, This stuff is Serious! ( ah that doesn't matter, it makes me feel good, and like I have some control in my life...)

Full Lotus is great for long term meditation, it supports the back perfectly and i like it but what a ridiculous concept that it is somehow a prerequisite for Spiritual work.

Has anyone ever met, Maori's, tongans, or torres straight islanders? Legs like tree trunks. There is no way some of them will ever get even close to lotus(i'm talking healthy ones too).

This therory says that therefore They cant evolve or at least to whatever suposed super level lotus takes u too. Some of the Maori elders i met have some Major energy,and DanTien ability. Very spiritual. Can do everything and more of what some of these Neidan sects are claiming.

Seth.

Sat Chit Anand!

Self esteem IS the ego.

Next comment.

And now for something "completely" different from the spring forest qigong forum:

Aloha SusanE,

Did you pick up the Basic or Deluxe course? If the Deluxe, check out the breast massage in the Level Two section under "female breasts."

It's one thing that my wife wife recommends to all her female clients to do once or twice a day. Most do it before they step out of their bed in the morning.

That exercise can help balance a lot of things - check it out.

Much Love, Shawn

Edited by drew hempel

(although he would never admit that to himself)

What about the ethics of shooting O energy at a stranger, is it any different to popping out da Lingam and going for a face shot at a stranger?

Hear hear! Important points here!

We are so easily trapped by the things we wont admit to ourselves. When we see our blindspots the embarrassment is enough to jump right out the window.

And we also too often think that as long as it is energy there are different rules. As if beaming is great, scanning is amazing, and exchanging energy with strangers is something the strangers want because the DIVINE itself has told us so.

When we enter the subtler realms, the same laws of ethics apply. They are just more subtle. Just like rapists are people without selfcontrol or selfexamination in this realm, scanners and beamers are are without selfcontrol and selfexamination in the subtler realms. There are just subtler issues and illusions controling them.

Hear hear! Important points here!

We are so easily trapped by the things we wont admit to ourselves. When we see our blindspots the embarrassment is enough to jump right out the window.

And we also too often think that as long as it is energy there are different rules. As if beaming is great, scanning is amazing, and exchanging energy with strangers is something the strangers want because the DIVINE itself has told us so.

When we enter the subtler realms, the same laws of ethics apply. They are just more subtle. Just like rapists are people without selfcontrol or selfexamination in this realm, scanners and beamers are are without selfcontrol and selfexamination in the subtler realms. There are just subtler issues and illusions controling them.

I agree as I've been warned many times not to get stuck in the vanity of siddhis. I've experienced things but then let them go. Such ideas as black, white and grey magic are merely stumbling blocks.

just thought I would weigh in on this personally

the belief that you need lotus or that full lotus represents the height of meditation is the the longest running *urban myth* of yoga and meditation

It is a fallacy.

The work you are doing is with your mind, your intent, your chi and your consciousness itself, not your ankles.

All that matters is that your energy channel be open and your spine and joints as well. That's it.

It is just as effective to meditate lying down, kneeling, squatting, moving, running, walking a circle or performing tai chi

Meditation is done with the mind, not the legs.

In my personal opinion fixating on the perfection of lotus is a waste of your time.

For us stiff hipped, back injured, torn hamstrung Westerners that grew up without squatting all the time. Lotus can actually fuck you up. You can use meditation to ignore the pain and let your hips, spine and even your gait get messed up. You also add neurological noise onto the lens of your consciousness that interferes with actually getting your mind quiet.

Altogether, believing you need lotus to meditate or attain high states of meditation achievement is kind of like saying you must be on your knees in a pew with rosary in hand to know God.

Communing with god, finding your consciousness is not dependent on the shape of your body but on the shape of your mind.

just thought I would weigh in on this personally

the belief that you need lotus or that full lotus represents the height of meditation is the the longest running *urban myth* of yoga and meditation

It is a fallacy.

The work you are doing is with your mind, your intent, your chi and your consciousness itself, not your ankles.

All that matters is that your energy channel be open and your spine and joints as well. That's it.

It is just as effective to meditate lying down, kneeling, squatting, moving, running, walking a circle or performing tai chi

Meditation is done with the mind, not the legs.

In my personal opinion fixating on the perfection of lotus is a waste of your time.

For us stiff hipped, back injured, torn hamstrung Westerners that grew up without squatting all the time. Lotus can actually fuck you up. You can use meditation to ignore the pain and let your hips, spine and even your gait get messed up. You also add neurological noise onto the lens of your consciousness that interferes with actually getting your mind quiet.

Altogether, believing you need lotus to meditate or attain high states of meditation achievement is kind of like saying you must be on your knees in a pew with rosary in hand to know God.

Communing with god, finding your consciousness is not dependent on the shape of your body but on the shape of your mind.

WELL SAID & CORRECT!