Rolf

How to make good karma?

Well "good karma" and "bad karma" is what normal people talk about....

Either way as long as there is karma there is suffering.... So better just to be focused on becoming free of karma....

but it's better to do good things then do "nothing" as u say and just observe.. ?

this rings a bell in me because all in my family are crazy . and its east for me to become like them. but i want to be healthy, and have positve energy..

Guru Santiago Dobles!!! *pisses self laughing*

:lol::lol::lol:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXRAI66NC_U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXRAI66NC_U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXRAI66NC_U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Perhaps I'm being far to cynical? :rolleyes:

There is a science to making good karma. I thinking sitting it out and letting the rest of the world not have a better place is enough for me to tell you better you leave cause you are just wasting air, prana, and existence an you miss the point. The universe nourishes so should you.

One could argue that doing good or bad does not matter or exist. Tell that to a rape victim or someone who has just experienced a horrible crime or whatever.

True on one level yes. On another level there are starving kids and abandoned children and people suffering that could use a helping hand.

You want good karma......BE GOOD KARMA to people.

Just be a person of good service generosity & devotion.

If you can donate money with the intentions to help others not to seek anything in return.

If you know how to do energy work send energy to people who need it & to the PLanet.

If you have good healing skills, visit folks that could use it and offer it to them with no expectations of things in return.

If you are hired as a healer do the job and then do that extra mile or 2 to make sure that person is always doing good.

You may not be able to help ALL......but you can effect the lives of more than you think if you have the right energy & intentions in your heart.

To sit and do nothing is exactly that nothing....Show me where the universe sits still?

Peace

Santiago

"Take once give back twice" - Dr. Glenn Morris

Guru Santiago Dobles!!! *pisses self laughing*

:lol::lol::lol:

Perhaps I'm being far to cynical? :rolleyes:

Its a title like "sifu" in Silat. not one of religious or spiritual status. it means teacher. I have earned that title.

What exactly is your LOL & Cynical roll of eyes about?

Edited by Vajrasattva

What exactly is your LOL & Cynical roll of eyes about?

I just figure even the play of thrusting a sword into another is kind of contradictory from a spiritual perspective if it's not please explain. Apparently the chap in the vid is Guru Santiago Dobles.

I just figure even the play of thrusting a sword into another is kind of contradictory from a spiritual perspective if it's not please explain. Apparently the chap in the vid is Guru Santiago Dobles.

True & True the chap is Guru Santiago....Guru being a teacher of the ways of PENCAK SILAT.

An art created by spiritual masters to protect & preserve.

But its much more than that.

Hey did you know that Buddha was highly trained in the arts of combat & warfare?

Did you know that Jesus & the 12 apostles carried knives & some swords?

Did you know that the 9 saints "WALI SONGO" also carried weapons and where the best of the best in Silat?

Its not a world of peace one must know how to defend them self if there is no last resort.

You want to learn how to hurt, learn to heal, you want to learn how to heal, learn to hurt.

Martial arts is one of the fastest ways to learn about generousity, compassion, healing, & inner & outer cultivation.

The warrior way had to work or you where left dead on the battle field.

Your healing skills also had to work or you could die.

Peace

Santiago

What you say may hold some truth but is it the way forward or the way back? Ironic that in a world where society is teetering on the brink of chaos some see war as the only option. I'm not saying that's where you're coming from as I understand that you are simply seeking to protect yourself. The question therefore must be asked, 'what are you protecting yourself from'?

To be honest people that have skills in the hard martial arts frighten me. I would rather have a nice cup of tea with a practitioner of Tai Chi (note I don't use the word master).

Anyway nothing personal just a difference of opinion perhaps.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors...i/wheel248.html

Right thoughts, speech and action all generate good karma.

Meditation practice with the intent for liberation will generate merits which is normally dedicated away to all sentient beings to help alleviate their suffering. This generates good karma too.

This is not just sitting but the very action of sitting practice to guard and train the mind towards liberation is right action.

Keeping the precepts, following the 8 fold path (right view, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, right concentration) generate merit.

Remember that all is mind. The very thought whether it is physically manifested or not is already in itself generating karma.

Karma means "action". The result of this "action" is the fruit of karma. It is the way things are. The Tao if you will.

My 2 cents worth.

<<what are you protecting yourself from'? >>

There is always a "Knuclehead" who does not follow the Tao like the rest of us do. :)

Maybe I'm more Confucius (or Confused) then Taoist, but I don't think the concept 'I'm the Most Important Person' is good Karma. I think there's good and evil, certainly at my unenlightened level there is and pretty damn easy to see it, at least as it separates out of the grey areas.

You help people when you can. Not out of gain or ego, we're in the world and being nice makes it a little better.

Be nice, help others, it sounds childish, but isn't that also an aspect of Tao.

'Take once, give back twice' makes a lot of sense.

Michael

Janus

If you're living with your parents you owe them respect and rent. Otherwise you should leave. Make a list, I bet you'll find that your parental 'enemies' are doing a whole lot more for you then any of your friends.

To be honest people that have skills in the hard martial arts frighten me. I would rather have a nice cup of tea with a practitioner of Tai Chi (note I don't use the word master).

Have you ever had tea with a Silat player?

I have many tai chi friends.

They get along nicely.....

and they consider what I do not "hard".

It can be when it is needed to be.

Seems to me you live in your head and not the real world.

You are in UK right?

You are serious about culivation?

Go research Simon Das & Alex Kozma.

both good friends of mine that can walk the walk on both the martial & spiritual side.

Santiago

If you're living with your parents you owe them respect and rent. Otherwise you should leave. Make a list, I bet you'll find that your parental 'enemies' are doing a whole lot more for you then any of your friends.

Honor your parents no matter how shitty the situation may be. You owe a great deal to them for being here.

Parents are not perfect but you are alive today cause of them.

I think that there is something to be said for just focusing on one's own happiness even if that means ignoring the suffering of others... if one isn't happy than one doesn't have anything to offer others anyways plus one's happiness is naturally shared with others even without trying. And ultimately, one individual can't turn around the world's suffering anyways so it's important to be able to tune it out to some degree.

Monday was my give blood and see my pal who lives in a mental illness ward day. I don't visit as often as he'd like and I try to keep a bit aloof from the scene but, even still, I often feel a bit flat for the next few days. That's my only good karma work aside from generally sharing happy practice vibes and trying to do a good job at work.

I think Mother Theresa is a great example of really helping others and staying extremely happy at the same time. She told her sisters that if they couldn't laugh and smile and share that, they have no business trying to help and should go home.

Good points guys. Either way practice, living and helping... it needs to be in the labour of love, rather then because of "shoulds". That was my point... Not to stop helping people necessarily...

Like you get people who on the superficial level seem to be helping people but could be radiating something quite different..... You could get someone who isn't recognised by most as helping (i.e. not in "healthcare profession") yet brings light into peoples lives.....

I'll use this post as inspiration to radiate more.....

Well, that's a very traditional view... But in cultivation don't all these cultural and family "values" fly out the window?

"Enemies" is a strong word for me to use, but it is just a word to describe anything that would take you off the path.... But the truth is the external obstacles faced just point to an internal obstacle within that needs purification....

So doubtful/cynical parents/friends just force you to confront the doubts and create inner strength....

That I "owe" someone anything gets me. Do parents have kids so they'll "pay" them back? Do parents have kids so they can mold them to their liking, like some kinda trophy? I sense this.

Parents have their path, you have yours....

As much as parents would like to believe, you are not them... They did not "create" you.... Your soul is different...

They helped you produce and maintain your physical body, that's all....

I say this because the belief that parents are the "creators" is "dark". That's how that sicko Freud thinks, that it's all about parents.....

Like my Dad was saying.... He believes, once he is dead he is gone forever.... And the reason for kids is to continue a "legacy"... To make your mark on the world.....

To people like this, "ego" is God.....

I completely agree. Also that "ego" is very similar to the concept of "soul" to the average christian.

Create good karma?

By being kind, and eleiminating that within us which is contrary to kindness. (greed, anger etc)

Also, to eleviate negative/heavy karma, you might want to check this out:

http://usnisa.net/

Audio of the Dharani plays automatically after a couple of seconds on this page http://www.geocities.com/usnisa_vijaya/web/eng/english.htm

Hi mat black,

Thank you for sending the link. I am not sure where the information originated from, but it seems to me that it has wrong view in there.

"Then the Buddha told Lord Sakra, "The above Mantra is known as the ' Purifying All Evil Paths' Usnisa Vijaya Dharani'. It can eliminate all evil karmic hindrances and eradicate the suffering of all evil paths." "

I am not very well versed with all the suttas and canons but the first "feel" I get from it is "wrong view".

Is it a Mahayana text?

Would like to know more into this pali translation of the mantra. Do you have any insight into it?

Regards,

Mouse