Sign in to follow this  
Vajrasattva

Hoshin Fest 2008

Hoshin Budo Ryu's annual festival is in Miami, FL, USA, this year, October 3,4,5, open to the public!

Hoshinfest 2008

October 4 and 5 in sunny Miami, FL, USA.

There is also a shooting range session scheduled for Fri evening. Event is Sat and Sun.

Location: X-Treme Rock Climbing Gym, 13972 SW 139 Ct., Miami, FL 33186, X-tremerock.com -- the event will be held in the large studio within this massive indoor rock climbing gym. Climbing sessions will also be available to those interested.

Training Presentations by (so far): Soke Rob Williams, Dr. John Porter, Chris Robinson, Alan Antopol, Santiago Dobles, Tao Semko, Esly Caldwell, Jeff Smoley, more...

Soke Rob Williams will be teaching Hoshin Jutaijutsu core strategy. Seeing and feeling energy. Close quarter combat.

Chris Robinson Shihan will be teaching variations of Hoshin face winding throws, among other nasty things.

Guru Santiago Dobles will be teaching Pencak Silat Knife, Sambut and Langkah

Jeff Smoley will be teaching Qigong: Rooting, Chan Si (Silk Reeling) and Peng (Ward off), based on Chen Taijiquan Qigong, Liang Bagua Zhang Qigong and Zhou family Qigong, with martial applications.

Regular registration is $195. Ryu members receive a special rate here.

The event is open to the public. The first 4 non-ryu-member registrants will receive a special early registration rate of $175, so snatch up those few discounted tickets now!

Ryu members, please register in the members-only section to receive your special rate... the later you register, the more it will cost...! If you don't have a member's password, contact Tao ASAP...

Registration and payment through Smashan Press:

To pay by check or money order, please make your check out to Umaa Tantra, Inc. and mail promptly to:

Umaa Tantra, Inc.

PO Box 403457

Miami Beach, FL

To use paypal, please send your Paypal payment to paypal @ umaatantra.com (please remove the spaces in the preceding email address)

Nearest Hotel:

Holiday Inn Express Suites Kendall

13475 SW 137th Avenue

Kendall, FL 33186, 0.8miles away, rooms from $119

More Economical Hotels, but further away:

Quality Inn South Kendall

14501 SOUTH DIXIE HWY

Miami, FL 33176-7925

5.1 miles away, rooms from $85

La Quinta Inn Miami/Cutler Ridge

10821 CARIBBEAN BOULEVARD

Cutler Ridge, FL 33189

8.4 miles away, rooms from $79

There is also a shooting range session scheduled for Fri evening.

damn. ninjas with guns. that's not very fair.

:lol:

• Like 1

Hoshinfest 2008 kicks off in Miami in 48 hours...

Saturday October 4th

11am Introduction, Opening words by Soke

11:15 Soke Rob Williams, core hoshin principles

12:15 Sifu Jeff Smoley, qigong rooting, silk reeling, ward off

1:15 Lunch

2:30 Guru Santiago Dobles, silat langkah and sambut

4:00 Sensei Todd Smith, Hillsdale memories/ original Hoshinjutsu

presentation

5:00 Alan Antopol Sensei

5:30pm short open segment at Soke's discretion, or Awards

6pm Awards

6:30pm Dinner

8pm Dr Porter Shihan - Dr. Glenn Morris's MAPS Inventory

9pm KAP meditation for ryu members, facility closes 10pm

Sunday October 5th

10am Warmup,

10:15 Shihan Chris Robinson - Hoshin face winding techniques

11:15am Esly Caldwell, needle in the sky techniques

11:30am Guru Dobles, 2nd segment, silat knife

12:30pm Lunch

1:30pm Soke Williams, 3rd segment, hoshin core principles

2:30pm Justin Henry Sensei - Love taps to Bear Slaps

3:45 Closing remarks, Soke Rob Williams

4:00pm post-fest healing sessions, debriefing for

those instructors still around, rock climbing if

anyone has the energy :-)

This schedule is still subject to change by Soke Williams

See you at the fest!

Here you go Brother,

jTQZryLAUi4

Yup, definitely liking the video clips! Particularly enjoyed watching your body positioning and taking of the attacker's balance :)

Santiago,

Cool Videos... Thanks... :)

And my friend is so damn impressed with your KAP, esp Tummo.... he keeps going ga ga ga ga about it... great going !!! Need more people like you ...

Santiago,

And my friend is so damn impressed with your KAP, esp Tummo.... he keeps going ga ga ga ga about it... great going !!! Need more people like you ...

: )

ZczW46d5bsk

xf19tkLGX7E

jWnzlIyOopY

More from fest.

Enjoy!

S

Santiago,

Glad he digs the gTummo : )

It's a special practice. My version is rooted in methods from Nyingma, Bonpo, Taoism, Sufi & Indonesian Tenaga Dalam.

peace

S

Yup, definitely liking the video clips! Particularly enjoyed watching your body positioning and taking of the attacker's balance :)

Chi Kung & IMA master Jeff Smoley saw my Silat @ Hoshinfest and said it was like closed door Chen Taichi & Bagua : )

I strongly recommend Jeff Smoley. He is a good man and a good example of what CHI KUNG is all about.

www.jadepowerqigong.com

www.yuliqigong.com

He was a close friend of Dr. Glenn J Morris's.

Peace

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

Can anyone talk about there experiences training in Hoshin Budo? Recently become interested in taking back up a martial arts practice....been awhile but something that I have always enjoyed.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

ZczW46d5bsk

xf19tkLGX7E

jWnzlIyOopY

More from fest.

For those who may not realize it, you can highlight the letter groups, right click, then hit the 'Search google for-' and it'll dig up the youtube. At least I can with Firefox.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

OldChi,

I haven't practiced Hoshin but Santiargo (Vajrasattva) is in Miami, Florida and I've talked to a few Hoshin people through KAP and their facebook groups, might be able to find some contacts for you.

• Like 1

OldChi,

I haven't practiced Hoshin but Santiargo (Vajrasattva) is in Miami, Florida and I've talked to a few Hoshin people through KAP and their facebook groups, might be able to find some contacts for you.

Thanks. I actually contacted Santiago. Hoping I can get the opportunity to train with him.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

I got to say I was very impressed with this video. My black belt test in Tae KwonDo was easy as pie in comparison:

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Sign in to follow this