Sign in to follow this  
mouse

Intro

Hi.

Been reading taobums for a long while and have always been unwilling to post something in the midst of all the paths here I'd call delusional and a merry go round in the karmic sense.

It seemed to me only a small number of people here are on the right path and sometimes have pointed some people who are doing themselves harm in the right way. For that, this forum has its moments however rare.

However, I think most times the advice is overlooked due to many clinging on to concepts and also the mental faculties are not yet ready to accept such truths. This is the main reason for not wanting to contribute to the forum as many are not ready to what Taoists would call "wu4 dao4".

Won't go too much into my background but am lucky enough to have noble friends who are once/non-returners to guide my practice. Still a long path to go though.

I just wanted to post a message to one of the latest posts so I guess this is a formality. Enjoy your practice.

Hi.

Been reading taobums for a long while and have always been unwilling to post something in the midst of all the paths here I'd call delusional and a merry go round in the karmic sense.

It seemed to me only a small number of people here are on the right path and sometimes have pointed some people who are doing themselves harm in the right way. For that, this forum has its moments however rare.

However, I think most times the advice is overlooked due to many clinging on to concepts and also the mental faculties are not yet ready to accept such truths. This is the main reason for not wanting to contribute to the forum as many are not ready to what Taoists would call "wu4 dao4".

Won't go too much into my background but am lucky enough to have noble friends who are once/non-returners to guide my practice. Still a long path to go though.

I just wanted to post a message to one of the latest posts so I guess this is a formality. Enjoy your practice.

:lol:

Well, we may be delusional but no one would call you modest. With such self confidence in your knowing of 'the truth' a fulfilling career in door-to-door bible selling awaits! ;)

Best,

Mike

:lol:

Well, we may be delusional but no one would call you modest. With such self confidence in your knowing of 'the truth' a fulfilling career in door-to-door bible selling awaits! ;)

Best,

Mike

Mike,

I included am delusional. Anyone not yet an Arahant and have removed all their defliements (Kilesas) are subject to the cycle of samsara by attachments.

There are however right views and wrong views. I used to practice with the intention of being powerful, or have access to power and did training under a master who is very good at what he does. Can paralyse people, use his "yi" to move people against their will etc. Did practice to store energy and emotions got amplified leading to imbalance. etc.

Appreciate your lightly veiled sacarsm if you feel that I may be too blunt but my intentions are well meaninged.

I will stop here as often many threads I have seen here go off on a tangent and some people enjoy feeding off conflict.

Enjoy your practice.

Fair enough, I can agree that most people have not reached an enlightened state. Why didn't you just say that though? Coming on and simply saying most people are delusional is not very polite.

I also agree that power seeking is unwise and unhealthy.

I think there is an old saying that goes the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I don't seek any argument, just clarification, and I appreciate your further comments.

Best,

Mike

I also agree that power seeking is unwise and unhealthy.

Hey, speak for yourself! I am seeking not just immortality but ascension and thats supposed to be the ultimate power. :lol:

Hey, speak for yourself! I am seeking not just immortality but ascension and thats supposed to be the ultimate power. :lol:

Having power over others I mean-except when it comes to reaching the bar first when the last orders bell rings! :D

Sign in to follow this