Teddy

Laughing buddha and his great inner wealth (pot belly)

Does qigong GIVE you a pot belly? There is a chinese saying that a rotund belly is a sign of great inner wealth. If qigong does produce this effect, then why? Surely there is nothing beneficial to having a big lump of extra flab to carry around. I am in great shape. I do not drink, and yet I have a pot belly. I have noticed that so do a lot of qigong/nei kung practitioners. why?

Does qigong GIVE you a pot belly? There is a chinese saying that a rotund belly is a sign of great inner wealth. If qigong does produce this effect, then why? Surely there is nothing beneficial to having a big lump of extra flab to carry around. I am in great shape. I do not drink, and yet I have a pot belly. I have noticed that so do a lot of qigong/nei kung practitioners. why?

someone mentioned that a pot belly (as you see in some statues) is the result of incorrect circulation in the belly in some qigong systems (as of what I can remember (might have been drew hempel)).

Edited by Desert Eagle

Dampness, Spleen dysfunction causes belly distention. haha

The belly of Maitreya Buddha as a Chinese incarnation doesn't represent Qi Gong cultivation and a "wealth" of energy in the dantian. It is to represent abundance of patience, compassion...this inner wealth is reflective of the completeness of Virtue and Morality Maitreya Buddha represents.

Bigness of the belly points to the manner of being able to take a shot and not be moved by it...like getting hit in the stomach and falling over.. the patience of Maitreya Buddha is so vast and deep that you can hit him and he will just roll over like nothing happened... hahaha

In cultivation of virtue and morality, keeping the mind unmoved from envrionmental stimulous, one contains/preserves their essence, thus when cultivation is applied, vast abilities manifest as a result of pure mind, pure body, complete in virtue and morality/conduct and mind.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin