Tao-Newbie

Question about strange new "style"

When I originally posted this message, I didn't realize that I had given out certain information from my friend that was supposed to be confidential, so I am deleting my post. Sorry for any confusion.

Edited by Tao-Newbie

Secret Squirrel stuff indeed :). I have no experience with it, but the advertising hits every sleazy quick sell cliche out there. Sometimes a good local tai chi (or chi gung) teacher who sees you and practices with you is worth 3 super double supreme ultimate masters in the bush.

Michael

LOL!

you're not skeptical enough, my friend!

:rolleyes:

blood washing/meridian cleansing is something i both practice and teach. learned it many years ago from a teacher of mine. it's a very good practice, and i always kind of wondered why it never became popular.

but give me a break with these guys!

ages ago they used to run adds for this stuff in the Inside Kung Fu Magazine for like 3 years straight. some people bought into their system. NOT ONE OF THEM can shoot fire balls out of their ass.

these guys are idiots. seriously. they got a hold of a few good exercises and repackaged it as "the holy grail that others have killed for." their knowledge base SUCKS. i've seen their system. pretty sure i still have a copy of their DVD somewhere. but i didn't and wouldn't pay for it.

if you want to be a healer, practice a real art. if you're too power-hungry, then go for it. enjoy your negative side-effects and lack of any clear guidance.

it's your call, but i say these guys are a joke.

if you want to be a healer, practice a real art. if you're too power-hungry, then go for it. enjoy your negative side-effects and lack of any clear guidance.

Interesting.

thought i should probably be more clear:

the "inner circle" chi people have been marketing the same stuff for the better part of 10 years, perhaps longer. they combine conspiracy theory, new age quackery, and a couple of real qigong techniques which they perform poorly. listen to the voice of the man in the youtube clip. he's like the main instructor. his energy is nervous and scattered. weak kidneys and congested liver. and that's just from reading his voice. i'll bet he suffers from recurring pain in his lower back.

the blood washing/meridian cleansing technique is what i chose instead of the practicing yi jin ching. it's faster, easier, more direct, and after 100 days of uninterrupted practice, you can perform it quite effectively in your mind without the need for physical movement.

what they've done with a lot of their "techniques" is just externalize practices that are more internal. like the microcosmic orbit, for instance. they use the hands to guide the energy and rely far more on the motion than on mental direction. they also have a "bone marrow energy packing" technique that's kind of silly if you know about breathing from various parts of your body.

but just keep this in mind:

their stuff has been around for at least a decade. if it were as amazing as they make it out to be, half the people in this forum would have heard of it long ago and would have incorporated it into their practice. the guys promoting it would be very wealthy, and their presentation wouldn't be so low-budget.

they're using silly marketing tactics that most teenagers should be able to see through. like the limited number of people who can become a part of their inner circle (even though they've been pedaling this stuff for years).

"remote viewing" techniques- STRAIGHT FROM THE MILITARY!

move objects with your mind!

command animals!

(and that's not to say that none of this stuff is possible. just that they are not true adepts in ANY of these things!)

yet for all of the promise of magic and mystery, they don't even have a clue about basic meditation, and an extremely limited understanding of breathing.

there are too many good teachings out there for someone to fall for this stuff.

Guest sykkelpump

hello,i have trained the blood washing exersise for a long time but I didnt benefit much from it.I also have clymans chi kung instruction and Iwas able to do condensing breathing for a while generating and compressing enormous ammount of chi.I actually created strong electrical feelings in the body.but for some reason I lost the ability.Has to be something with my chi channels. some change in them for some reason.but i did see a big potential in this theqnuiqe if you get good at it.

clyman = conman (definately)

inner circle chi = con

furey = con (likely)

youtube meditation expert = con (definately)

agreed?

over 9000 cons also exist but this is what I remember for now. (I have some of their material if you want but they are mostly worthless con fluff)

your friend still needs something to practice to fill the void that's why he'd fall for it, I think most of us here on the forum went through this questing, buying into the latest whatever until we find the next whatever and on and on wasted money, time, life, health, and effort on something that ideally should have been available since early age.

Edited by Desert Eagle

Desert Eagle, I gotta disagree completely on the Clyman issue. He definitely proved his stuff to me. Unlike a conman named Walter Beckley (who's been caught molesting clients and students, confirmed by my best friend's sister) who would not demonstrate his supposed "mastery" of iron shirt. In fact, Beckley hemmed and hawed at showing me anything to prove he was real. :rolleyes:

Clyman didn't flinch at all, he immediately stood up and let me hit him on a moment's notice without hesitation. And it was like trying to punch steel. Crumpled my hand as if all the energy had been sucked out of it. A friend also tried and his hand ricocheted off as if it had been blasted back. When Clyman hit me in the stomach, it felt like he had lit an M-80 in my abdomen. It just spread everywhere and stunned me. I felt it all the way into my arms and legs! :blink:

So I can't see calling him a con man. He backs it up. If I had the cash, I'd definitely train with him. Although several people have expressed concerns that I'd pick up his "craziness", because he is a little...well, not sure what you'd call it. Intense? Zany? Unbalanced?

eeeeeeeeugh.

what vile advertising.

Would you want to be involved with people whose psyches are that brash?

Arent we working with subtle energies, here?

(ok. call me snoot-catty-cat....)

i certainly don't have any of their old ads, but you may find one archived online somewhere.

So what all does the blood washing do? I think that's what got my friend to accept it. He said he feels great doing it, and the few times I've tried it I felt great as well. It seemed very invigorating. But I've never heard of the concept before.

i'm not the diligent practitioner that i once was, but i still teach it because i think students new to the expression of energy in their bodies get a lot of benefit out of it.

when coupled with a good qigong routine, the practice really helps to generate a forcefield around the body, one that sensitive people can feel when they get close to you. one that you can hone into an attracting or repelling force. with a regular mediation practice you should be able to sense the presence of all objects that come into contact with this field. that's the superficial stuff, anyway.

internally, it dramatically increases your capacity for gathering and circulating qi in the body. really helps clear out the meridians. i don't know of a practice that does it faster. it doesn't take hours of daily practice, either.

these days i prefer to do it slowly and do it standing, in sync with the breath. i don't do it in the circular direction, either. i just don't care about it's benefits the way that i did years ago, so i don't really consider it a part of my essential practice any longer, even though i continue to teach it.

the problem with your friend might lie in what he's attracted to. this 'inner circle' program is so obviously bad that it doesn't warrant debunking. but it's designed to attract people who want power, who want magic, and who believe they'll be special or better than others if they 'get this thing.'

self-honesty goes a long way. true, i don't know your friend, but i still think it's fair to raise the question, "what are you really looking for, and why?" if there's purity in his motives, there's shouldn't be any offense to the question.

Edited by Hundun

So I can't see calling him a con man. He backs it up. If I had the cash, I'd definitely train with him. Although several people have expressed concerns that I'd pick up his "craziness", because he is a little...well, not sure what you'd call it. Intense? Zany? Unbalanced?

I think Clyman has some internal power----But he is very unbalanced and arrogant which I think comes from the way he trains and unless you want to be the same way I would not train with him.

I think Clyman has some internal power----But he is very unbalanced and arrogant which I think comes from the way he trains and unless you want to be the same way I would not train with him.

My sentiments exactly. He says it himself in the emotional liposuction video on Youtube. His system involves no higher chakras/dan tians, just lower dan tian/2nd chakra all the way.

Little wonder the man is an outright egomaniac.