Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality

I just want to know what you all think of this book for somebody with a pretty screwed up energy body.

Although i enjoy his work and have not finished the book. I switch from a few books haven't opened it in a little while this is a good reminder to start begin where i left off.

I find it a good book. I do not do the exact practices that it explains, or at least not the way it explains how to do it. By reading the book i start to understand things that were not explained to me by my teachers. It also talks about names of stuff I'm not familiar with but thats not a big surprise. I would not use that book as a practice guide, nor would i do so with any book.

I think lots of people have been there done that in understanding a messed up energy body, lots of people have to work it out. I just would recommend not to use a book to do it but an actual teacher that points out things that can observe you and so forth. I also hopefully find a teacher that retransmit stuff too. But if you join any class you better start practicing immediately and work hard, in time of continuing practicing guidance will always come.

Hope you look what your trying to find and peace :)

Editing to add the following...

There has also been many posts in the past i believe (at least two) about this book, search Taoist Yoga you will get more information, but once again i recommend you do not actually use that as a reference to practice.

Edited by WhiteTiger

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=3879&hl=

seandenty Oct 21 2007, 06:09 PM

Post #5

Tao Bum!

Group: The Tao Bums

Member No.: 175

The book is one of our practice texts, although nominally so. It is based on the Nei Jing Tu, an illustration of which can be found in the book. The Nei Jing Tu is a secret code that can only be broken by a master schooled in the art it contains, passed down in a lineage that knows it's true meanings and the methods it reveals. The original carving was created by one of the original sages in a tradition that is know commonly known as the Long Men Pai, headed by Wang LiPing, my grand master.

You would do well to throw the book away, it is useless, with due exception of personal entertainment. The book is a translation of an authentic cultivation manual that was one, translated incorrectly intentionally by it's original author, the correct version handed down only to close students, two, meant only as a companion guide with actual teachings given orally by the master, and three, contains so many errors in the English translation that it is truly and completely flawed. Only someone who received the transmission from a real master, and achieved it's methods could e

This is a great book, that woul go integrated with that one written from Chao Pi Ch'En (that it would have to be one of the masters of the author)

The practical that is explained on the witnesses would have to be the same one, it are much similar one to that present on Erlan Xinhua.

Less than this it is your only possibility, before you try alone, tries the instruction of a prepared master.

I got this book off Amazon back in the Spring so that I could get free shipping. I wish that I had just paid for shipping.

I just want to know what you all think of this book for somebody with a pretty screwed up energy body.

Dude, less is more... but no-one gets that at first so don't sweat it. The very first move, standing, in your taiji form can fix your energy flow if you put the time into it.

If you need a sitting form and your taiji teacher is unwilling or unable to teach, I'd recommend a vipassana retreat. SN Goenka's are good, free, and will take you from zero to meditator in 10 days.

Less is more, more is less

Slow is fast, fast is slow

Nothing to worry about, you've already started.

Dude, less is more... but no-one gets that at first so don't sweat it. The very first move, standing, in your taiji form can fix your energy flow if you put the time into it.

If you need a sitting form and your taiji teacher is unwilling or unable to teach, I'd recommend a vipassana retreat. SN Goenka's are good, free, and will take you from zero to meditator in 10 days.

Less is more, more is less

Slow is fast, fast is slow

Nothing to worry about, you've already started.

right on.

Actually I consider this the best book out there. The book presumes that a trainer actually has depleted energy or jing. So, as is traditional, it's taught that 100 days of no loss of "precious bodily fluid" is required to restore the body's kidney energy.

Then the book focuses on the small universe or heavenly orbit. The thread on that topic has a new article posted saying it takes THREE YEARS to open the small universe orbit and also that to do so requires celibacy.

Then after that you can do spirit travel, etc.

I would say that the levels of spirit travel depend on to what extend the brain channels are opened up.

The book "Taoist Yoga" does into detail about these issues.

Sign in to follow this