Vigilant3

Tao and Sexuality

Hi!

So i'm new to the tao and am trying to learn how the tao relates to all things in life. All I know of personal issues and self-discovery is what is constantly thrown around by religion and religious practice. When it comes to sexuality it is generally a "sin" unless two individuals have paid for a marriage certificate or something to that affect :) I'm just wondering what the "Taoistic" stance is on sexuality. I assume there is no "right" or "wrong" in the tao, but what does it teach about this subject? Anything would be helpful. Thank you!

:blink:

Hi!

So i'm new to the tao and am trying to learn how the tao relates to all things in life. All I know of personal issues and self-discovery is what is constantly thrown around by religion and religious practice. When it comes to sexuality it is generally a "sin" unless two individuals have paid for a marriage certificate or something to that affect :) I'm just wondering what the "Taoistic" stance is on sexuality. I assume there is no "right" or "wrong" in the tao, but what does it teach about this subject? Anything would be helpful. Thank you!

:blink:

Hi V,

You can find a lot of stuff on the web and/or pick up Mantak Chia's / Michael Winn's Taoist Secrets of Love: Cultivating Male Sexual Energy. There have been refinements to what is taught in that book by Michael Winn, but it serves as a good educational source or practical if you should choose.

As far as internet sites, search on Male Deer Exercises, Semen Retention, or 3 finger technique to name a few.

From the references I mention, it is more about utilizing the sexual energy for spiritual purposes than it is about judgement or morality.

Best,

MatthewQi