Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Indian Wrestling!!

Finally, a good production on the excercises performed by indian wrestlers. i have been interested in these excercises since Matt Furey introduced them to mainstream America 5 years ago. Now you can check them( and other training) by the dudes that invented it!

I am ordering mine today!

conditioning

Looks awesome! That link has inspired me to reread 'the wrestler's body'. -Y

It's a quick read... Indian wrestlers drink a lot of milk and eat lots of ghi and almonds, they save up their sperm, and they do the Matt Furey program and lots of heavy club swinging. And they do lots of massage. And thigh size is the only measurement that means anything to them, and they slap their thighs a lot.

-Y

Steve Maxwell has video tapes of Iranian wrestlers in training. Apparently, they do the same drills but they do them synchronized in large groups while chanting to Allah using a pushup bar for the pushups--if that doesn't make you strong--nothing will!!

-Yoda

Finally, a good production on the excercises performed by indian wrestlers. i have been interested in these excercises since Matt Furey introduced them to mainstream America 5 years ago. Now you can check them( and other training) by the dudes that invented it!

I am ordering mine today!

conditioning

4649[/snapback]

Wow, thanks for the link.

My dad was a great fan of the Great Gama. He used to visit The Great Gamma in the hospital before he died.

I think i have a a photo of them somewhere. If i find it i'll post it.

My grandfather was a hard core practioner of this stuff. You would not believe how big his bones were. He was a massive man and lived till he was 105 years old.

I personally never got into it as much and consequently i doubt very much i will live as long or be as strong as my Grandfather...... you reap what you sow.

peace and smiles :)

Farooq--

Good to hear from you and impressive lineage you have!

-Yoda

Farooq--

Good to hear from you and impressive lineage you have!

-Yoda

4739[/snapback]

Hi Yoda,

Thanks, nice to be back, still trying to get more organized so that i can have more time to participate on these forums.

I hope that i can be more active in these discussions as time goes on

btw you were awesome in Revenge of the Sith :D my 8 year old son thought your duel with the Darth Sidious was 'way cool'

Just watched this great DVD. The abilities of the Indian wrestlers is amazing an did not disappoint. I though I had some ability in body weight excercises until I saw a wrestler take down another while landing into a bridge with the other wrestler landing on top and it not being a problem!

The segment on bridgin gymnastics is awesome .there is no real instruction in the excercises but people like Matt furey and Scott sonnon have basically already done that. What we have here is the actual display of abilities that goes beyond anything I have seen anyone do with bridging before.

I would say we could start a new excercise at gym "Bridging breakdancing" but realize this excercise is way too difficult for most people.

Sign in to follow this