Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

i want to lose weight and get clear

what would you do, i remember three years ago I lost ten pounds in a week from eating once a day and jump roping everyday. But i know that can't be healthy the way I was doing it. but anyone know a website i can learn five elemental nutrition?

what would be an effective way for me to lose the weight off my stomach, cause my limbs are extremely thin.

Just ask your teacher for some exercises that he can recommend. I'm sure that will do the job. I don't ever recall seeing a fat instructor of Chen style taijiquan.

As for nutrition, I like this website:

http://whfoods.org/

Good recipes that actually taste nice and are easy to prepare.

Remember: KEEP IT SIMPLE.

Best,

Mike

Fasting.

You'll lose weight quickly with the added spiritual benefits.

However you must prepare yourself for it and find time for when you are not either working or studying or even moving around.

Best thing to do is prepare a week prior the fasting period where you gradually decrease the number of meals per day. Once the week is all over do a 3 day fast and you eat nothing, just drink filtered water during that period. You can increase that to a 7 day fast but if you haven't done it before 3 days is best for starters.

About elemental nutrition, free ebook in here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2279577/Training...-for-a-LeanBody

The Nutrition guide is past the weight training section which you can skip.

You can search for more if you wish.

Finally,

I also recommend you buying this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Tao-Health-Sex-Longe...0768705-3977639

It offers lots of info about fasting and nutrition. Some of the nutrition facts are far-fetched but above all is not bad.

Good luck.

I don't ever recall seeing a fat instructor of Chen style taijiquan.

Clearly never met Chen Xiaowang's son - he likes pizza :)

That, and his taiji is superb.

Pranaman, may I be so bold as to ask why you want to lose weight?

Yours humbly,

James

Edited by .broken.

Clearly never met Chen Xiaowang's son - he likes pizza :)

That, and his taiji is superb.

Nope, but I know someone who is a personal friend and student of Chen Xiaowang. ;) My friend has a high opinion of the father.

Personally, I prefer Wu style myself. Those deep stances in Chen style and all that leaping about...too much like hard work for me :lol: .

Best,

Mike

Pranaman, may I be so bold as to ask why you want to lose weight?

yeah, i just want to be the best I can at everything i do without doing anything unnecessary, like harboring extra pull from gravity. I can't find any benefits of having a fat layer on my abdomen, it certainly isn't going to cushion a blow or hold more chi haha. I'm definitely not fat, I'm 5'10" 165lbs, with no muscle. I pretty much have a nerd's body.

yeah, i just want to be the best I can at everything i do without doing anything unnecessary, like harboring extra pull from gravity. I can't find any benefits of having a fat layer on my abdomen, it certainly isn't going to cushion a blow or hold more chi haha. I'm definitely not fat, I'm 5'10" 165lbs, with no muscle. I pretty much have a nerd's body.

You are not over weight, so I doubt adopting a healthy diet will make a huge difference to the amount of fat you have. However, please do change your diet if it is unhealthy... it'll help your energy levels.

My understanding is that you wish to become more sculpted and less flabby? Take up a fun sport that you might enjoy... my personal favourite is rock climbing :) Reminds me of the fun I had when I used to climb trees as a kid. Check out the multitude of extreme sports if that's your thing. Otherwise you may have to stick to the tried and tested methods of running, circuit training, weight lifting, harder martial arts, etc.

Yours humbly,

James

Sign in to follow this