Sign in to follow this  
Lozen

Hara

Does anybody know any good excercises for strengthening or working with the hara? Or the 2nd chakra... Or the kidney meridian (i think?) or whatever you want to call it?

I saw a great one the other day on Cam's discussion--hold a bowling ball in front of the ltt.

I tried it with a kettlebell, but it was too heavy.

I'm thinking that a large, moderately hefty ball would be perfect. I've seen medicine balls for sale recently, maybe I'll try it.

Looks like a great drill!

-Yoda

Don't you need another person to do medicine balls?

I guess I meant strengthening it energetically, too...

Don't you need another person to do medicine balls?

I guess I meant strengthening it energetically, too...

4588[/snapback]

ERRGHH I HAVE ERRGH TWO PINK MEDDICINE BALLS FOR YA EERRGHH

AARRGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ERRGHH I HAVE ERRGH TWO PINK MEDDICINE BALLS FOR YA EERRGHH

AARRGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4602[/snapback]

And I've got a bunch of really sharp knives. :D

And I've got a bunch of really sharp knives.  :D

4608[/snapback]

hahhahaha! looks like that warrior trainin is paying off!

you can hit or massage the kidney one point (bubbling spring) on the ball of the foot with a sockful of mung beans, and work with the kidney shen. or you can spend the cash for chia's special steel wire iron shirt hitting stick.

thanks! so is the hara part of the kidney meridian?

you can hit or massage the kidney one point (bubbling spring) on the ball of the foot with a sockful of mung beans, and work with the kidney shen.  or you can spend the cash for chia's special steel wire iron shirt hitting stick.

4609[/snapback]

The hara is the soft underbelly in animals, and in humans it's...what is it, 2 inches below the naval? My issues are with the sides of it, the right and left side but my actual belly is okay. I know it is around all different meridians but I have this feeling my issue is only with kidney, but I guess I'll work with it and see...

The hara is the soft underbelly in animals, and in humans it's...what is it, 2 inches below the naval? My issues are with the sides of it, the right and left side but my actual belly is okay. I know it is around all different meridians but I have this feeling my issue is only with kidney, but I guess I'll work with it and see...

4614[/snapback]

several meridians rung thru that area: spleen, large and small intestine, kidney, triple heater, liver, etc.

several meridians rung thru that area:  spleen, large and small intestine, kidney, triple heater, liver, etc.

4615[/snapback]

I know it's really obnoxious isn't it? I sware that it's just ONE problem though. My acupuncturist a long time ago concurred though he wasn't sure what organ it was, but told me to massage my hara every night. and I haven't been doing that.

Oh yeah the reason I think it's just one problem is cos my problem spot moves. So I'll work on one area, and then it'll move to another, and then back, and on and on...

What I like to do is shake. Shake from your center. Then you can feel where in the hara is aching. Then you can massage that particular spot. To relaz the hara, try yoga. Keep massaging it. Breathing deep. connect it with your heart and third eye. Chi Nei Tsang is very important, open the wind gates.

And I've got a bunch of really sharp knives.  :D

4608[/snapback]

NO NO NO, SORY, DA USAGE BE DIFERENT:

MINE MEDDICINE BALLS BE MEANTT TO BE HELD ONE IN EACH HAND, OK,

THEN AS IF YA WERE WEIGHIN THEM DENSITTY, OK, LIKE TO DECCIDE WHICH

ONE BE HEAVIER, THEN YA EXERCISE YER

HAND CO-ORDINNATION WITH EM SO THAT BE GOOD FOR YER MERRIDIENS,

THEN ENTER DA SALAMI BUT ILL TELL YA LATTER ABOUT THAT.

BYE NOW.

RJ

heh heh heh, sorry, gotta test out my knives on something, and your medicine balls are just RIGHT THERE... lol

heh heh heh, sorry, gotta test out my knives on something, and your medicine balls are just RIGHT THERE... lol

4677[/snapback]

NO NO NO, DA KNIVVES BE TO PEEL APLES N TO CUT DA POTTATOES, MINE MEDDICINE BALLS BE USED FOR *LINGUAL GONGFU* THOU, THEY BE NICE N BIG N HEAVY N SHAVVED N YA JUST DART YER TONGUE TO EXERCISE DA MUSCLES THAST BE *SOO* IMPORTANT FOR DA MICCROCOSMIC.

ALSO MINE SALAMI BE NOT MEANT TO BE SLICCED BUT YA EAT IT HOLE N JUST GULP IT ALL.

DAMN YA DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT TAO BUM YOGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BYE NOW

Heh heh, too late now. I didn't know anyone had such microscopic medicine balls. I had to get out the really tiny knives. hahaha

NO NO NO, DA KNIVVES BE TO PEEL APLES N TO CUT DA POTTATOES, MINE MEDDICINE BALLS BE USED FOR *LINGUAL GONGFU* THOU, THEY BE NICE N BIG N HEAVY N SHAVVED N YA JUST DART YER TONGUE TO EXERCISE DA MUSCLES THAST BE *SOO* IMPORTANT FOR DA MICCROCOSMIC.

ALSO MINE SALAMI BE NOT MEANT TO BE SLICCED BUT YA EAT IT HOLE N JUST GULP IT ALL.

DAMN YA DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT TAO BUM YOGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BYE NOW

4804[/snapback]

Heh heh, too late now. I didn't know anyone had such microscopic medicine balls. I had to get out the really tiny knives. hahaha

4805[/snapback]

YA WISH YA COULD BE ANYWHERE NEAR MINE LOVE SNAKE. MAYBE A DREAM?

Sign in to follow this