Sign in to follow this  
witch

Silly electrical question

:unsure: I've gone through two bedroom lamps, the bathroom ceiling lamp keeps shorting out lightbulbs, along with the kitchen and pantry ceiling lamps and the living room lamps don't work very well either. I thought it was crappy wiring in this apartment, but my old car died with some kind of electrical problem, I bought a brand new hybrid (because I'm a greenie) and that one has some kind of freak electrical problem, although thank goodness not a safety hazard. Finally, my computer at work died and the IT guy hadn't bothered with a backup because the computer had a mirrored hard drive, well both of the drives have started failing at the same time, which he said shouldn't be happening. I'm knocking wood that my own computer has a long life, but whatever it is that I'm doing to machinery, is there a way to shield it or something? Or am I just being paranoid?

:unsure: I've gone through two bedroom lamps, the bathroom ceiling lamp keeps shorting out lightbulbs, along with the kitchen and pantry ceiling lamps and the living room lamps don't work very well either. I thought it was crappy wiring in this apartment, but my old car died with some kind of electrical problem, I bought a brand new hybrid (because I'm a greenie) and that one has some kind of freak electrical problem, although thank goodness not a safety hazard. Finally, my computer at work died and the IT guy hadn't bothered with a backup because the computer had a mirrored hard drive, well both of the drives have started failing at the same time, which he said shouldn't be happening. I'm knocking wood that my own computer has a long life, but whatever it is that I'm doing to machinery, is there a way to shield it or something? Or am I just being paranoid?

This is quite an interesting topic.

I have met a few people over time who seemed to have a strange effect upon electrical appliances.

They have reported similar problems.

It doesn't seem like much of a stretch to imagine some peoples electromagnetic field would have a strong enough charge to do something like you describe. The two people who come most quickly to mind had VERY strong libido, and to me a palpable sexual charge, and they were also women. I seem to recall a male friend of mine describing similar occurences but I cannot remember who this was so...

I have read there is often a connection between adolescent females and poltergeist activity. Any connection?

My two bits.

Craig

Qigong master Chunyi Lin says that when he gets mad the light bulbs explode in his house. Also he said he used to not be able to wear a watch because it would always break. He also told a story about how he got a flat tire on the freeway and then used his energy to keep the tire inflated till he got home. As soon as he was in his driveway the tire deflated. He just says that a person has to learn to control their energy and also not allow others to control their energy. I suppose this means keeping it stored in the lower tan tien but I'm not sure if that is different for females or not.

You need to ground & root yourself when this sort of thing happens. This is an issue with Swadisthana Chakra & a jing imbalance.

Its not normal to do that sort of thing it does happen when our emotions flare or when we are too juiced up but not grounded or rooted enough.

Happens to my wife a lot if she is stressed or not flowing her chi or rooting.

Just simple rooting it goes away instantly.

Peace

Santiago

Always the material world, makes sense. My chart is weak there. Grounding it is, thank you everyone for the advice!

Dearest Witch,

Try to stay calm or you and your hybrid might end up firing a lightning bolt that your victim won't soon forget.

I can just see that aggressive driver crawl out of the burning wreckage that was once his car... a sadder and wiser man. After awhile you'll get used to it and smile at the service you are doing for humanity.

Plus lithium ion battery technology is just around the corner for greater self expression.

Remember you are a witch, not a Buddhist. Best leave compassion to the professionals. B)

Your pal,

Yoda

I know how it can be to have strange effects on electric devices! I used to have what's known as Street Lamp Interference Syndrome:

Wikipedia entry

Now I'm extremely conservative about making conclusions with this kind of phenomenon, and I'm well aware of the arguments that street lights turn on and off on their own so it could be coincidence. However, the unavoidable fact is that I used to see them turn off at the exact moment I would drive under them FAR too often for it to have been coincidence. In fact, there was one particular light that would turn on, or off, almost every single time I drove under it (at different times during the evenings). I almost thought of it as some kind of conscious being that was winking at me. Anyway, the funny thing is since I got into relaxation, qigong, etc. it almost completely stopped. Now I see lamps turn off once in awhile, and as far as I'm concerned it really IS coincidence now. But I'll never forget the 5 - 7 year period when I had this odd effect. And I find it interesting that Chunyi Lin (I also practice Spring Forest Qigong) says that light bulbs explode when he gets mad, because this "SLI" effect happened most frequently when I was in states of high agitation or frustration! Could that be a factor perhaps, Witch?

Now that I'm calm all the time, the street lights don't notice me :D

Jeremy

Douglas Adams wrote a book that started off with that, I think it was the Long Dark Teatime of the Soul. It turned out it was the Norse gods messing with his protagonist! :D

Dearest Witch,

Try to stay calm or you and your hybrid might end up firing a lightning bolt that your victim won't soon forget.

I can just see that aggressive driver crawl out of the burning wreckage that was once his car... a sadder and wiser man. After awhile you'll get used to it and smile at the service you are doing for humanity.

Plus lithium ion battery technology is just around the corner for greater self expression.

Remember you are a witch, not a Buddhist. Best leave compassion to the professionals. B)

Your pal,

Yoda

You laugh. I'll tell you what made me decide to be a witch. I had had some other things give me pause, like waking up in a cold sweat yelling on 9/11, but the thing that clinched it was one day I was very angry at my soon-to-be ex-husband, and I cursed him. Standing in my kitchen while he was at work, I formally said out loud, "I curse you, name, et cetera...." and within a couple hours a tree fell on his car. :unsure: After that I said to myself it might all be hogwash, but just to be on the safe side I had better learn more about it, like if you're stuck packing a gun best to spend some time on a shooting range. :rolleyes: I carry an onyx in my left hand to absorb the energy, also of course pour out mostly daily through the heart chakra, and I ground my energy (although clearly not enough! )

That's why I don't try to store energy in my third chakra (dan tien?) Last thing I want to do is make it stronger!

I know how it can be to have strange effects on electric devices! I used to have what's known as Street Lamp Interference Syndrome:

Wikipedia entry

Now I'm extremely conservative about making conclusions with this kind of phenomenon, and I'm well aware of the arguments that street lights turn on and off on their own so it co

Jeremy

Funny, I seemed to turn off street lamps as a teen too. I didnt realize it was a named phenomenon. It happened way more than statistcally probable. I would be walking with someone, and the streetlight would go out, I would just say, yeah, that always happens. Had nothing to do with my emotions.

Actually the lower dan tien IS the second chakra referred to by Santiago. That's where the power of the body is stored. It starts as jing but as you "advance" in practice the jing converts more to chi (electromagnetic) which then converts to shen. The book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" trans. by Charles Luk gives further details.

The shen goes back to formless awareness -- which would be the "ground with no ground." haha. Here's a link on formless awareness and the "second chakra":

http://www.sahajayoga.org.au/2008/01/11/sw...and-aesthetics/

That's why I don't try to store energy in my third chakra (dan tien?) Last thing I want to do is make it stronger!

Edited by drew hempel

Good stuff!! Thanks for the great story, Witch! Randi cursed our pet hamster after it got out of the cage yet again and wished it would just die. Sure enough Tiny Bear was dead by sunrise. While she's not a believer, she's had a few things like that going on.

Interesting about street lights!! That happened to me all the time as a teen.

Witch,

do protect your computer, or rather both of you (the clash is mutual-impact), by installing a copper something between you -- a copper plate, or better yet, hang a copper coil from the ceiling above it.

I gave up on wearing a wristwatch when I was a child as they always stopped working on me and as an adult seem to affect computers ipods and cameras, but also remained skeptical as it it might just be coincidence, or more likely apples increasingly appalling hardware build quality.

Anyway the last few times it's been a power issue with a camera, which I use for work, and I was explaining to someone as I photographed them why I carried two bodies - in case one malfunctions. Died in my hands as I said it. The second time I was thinking about the previous times and it happened again. That made me think intention might play a part in it, so I try and think only tickety-boo thoughts when around cameras and computers.

So I would add closing down and positive thinking to grounding as ways to avoid problems!

peace

Sam

Like Taomeow, I'm wondering if copper and iron Tibetan medicine bracelets would work for the computer and the car. I know metal collects electromagnetic waves thus reducing the field effect. Maybe bracelets and ankle bracelets too. I wonder if the iron would be an additional help than just copper?

While you are at it, it might be fun to play with the egyptian thing by wearing copper on the right and zinc on the left.

Or maybe all this is just turning your hybrid into a serious weapons system?

Well I wear a heavy copper bracelet now--I follow Hathor (also a heavy gold ring with a large lapis lazuli, same reason). It would be dangerous for me to wear a zinc bracelet, I am already taking very high amounts of zinc--part of the Orgasmic Diet.

Thank you Taomeow. Once again I am in your debt!

That made me think intention might play a part in it, so I try and think only tickety-boo thoughts when around cameras and computers.

:lol: Thanks for making me laugh Sam - brightened up my evening even more so!

Like Taomeow, I'm wondering if copper and iron Tibetan medicine bracelets would work for the computer and the car. I know metal collects electromagnetic waves thus reducing the field effect. Maybe bracelets and ankle bracelets too. I wonder if the iron would be an additional help than just copper?

Along this line of thinking I was told by a homeopath some many moons ago that crystals can help with this phenomenon. They project and absorb electromagnetic energy, as I am sure many of you are aware. Apache tears, Obsidian and Tektite might be worth looking into. Failing that I am sure some large, double terminated clear quartz might do the trick. Don't forget to cleanse them regularly ;)

Yours humbly,

James

this happens to me too, i have replaced my rooms light bulb about 3 times now while my parents room has remained unchanged for longer.

Interesting topic indeed.

I managed to crash many computers. And I also found out that when I spoke to it like "come on now" it would work ;-)

I have also had normal light bulbs and neon lights break when I turned them on, even though they were quite new.

You can 'program' your energy to ground rather than fizz out your appliances. This is what i did and it worked. although sometimes i miss flashy displays! :lol: It only took a couple of minuets of intent.

Wikipedia entry

Yea, I take a walk every night and on average at least 1 turns off as I pass by it everytime.
A street light or two going out around you once a year (or less for that matter) is not anything. Several times a week/month and not being able to turn on the lamp is.
I thought they had light sensors that trigger them to turn off in the daytime though? That could explain SLI if cars or people reflect light up into them, if so. Or no?

Sign in to follow this