Yoda

The Power of Decree

A friend of mine is an artist in Athens, GA and he's doing his thing building a pretty wild looking bar there. A couple of weeks ago he said out loud that this was going to be the best bar in the Southeast and yesterday an aquaintance of his walked up to him and said that not only was his work the talk of the town, but people are saying that it's the finest bar in the Southeast.

Best... Finest... pretty close match.

In my life, in real estate sales, I occationally have decreed that a particular house will be under contract within 24 hours and out of nowhere it came to pass or that I'll have an amazing weekend and it happens, etc.

I also whiff a lot on it too-- I'm the type to try to always use the force on the remote control before actually getting up to grab it, and I've never mangaged to get it to fly through the air, or even budge, but I still try.

I've often wondered why it sometimes works for me and sometimes not, or why it worked great for Napoleon, Michael Jackson, etc and then they suddenly loose their touch. Or how it is that somebody can easily maintain their magic for life.

I've heard Donald Trump and Will Smith say that you can't just say it, you gotta feel it too. But if you say it and feel it, it'll happen--it's just a matter of time.

I agree with this assessment.

I asked my friend about his decree experience, and while he was surprised to hear his decree come back to him almost exactly like he sent it out, during the moment when he made the decree he was in the zone and really believed what he said.

So I intellectually believe in this, but my emotional self still has some processing to catch up with so I can get in on the fun more fully.

Another friend just called me up and says she is going to write a book and get on Oprah. I look forward to it! I'm looking forward to knowing people who just cook up an idea and execute it with a minimum of technical skill.

I know people who have been magically successful with this or that, but I can't follow their example as I don't care to learn how to weld or play the guitar, etc. You don't need training to do standup, or write lyrics or a book or anything--you just need to tap into the muse like Sean, Peter, and Chris channel their spirits.

I'm thinking that my future stand up carreer will come through that sort of practice.

A musing myself...

-Yoda

ya know what? i was thinking the same exact thing, hahahahahaha :lol:

taoists are the funniet people

we love sex and drugs and music

comedy is the best

cosmic comedy

not that anyone know what cosmic comedy is

"I've often wondered why it sometimes works for me and sometimes not, or why it worked great for Napoleon, Michael Jackson, etc and then they suddenly loose their touch. Or how it is that somebody can easily maintain their magic for life."

Yodster!

Sounds awesome man. This is available to everyone! My guestimate is that it works better without attachment to the outcome. But who knows. Thanks for the inspiration!

Matt

reminds me of chaos magick ( as they are calling it these days).

as parts of it could be described as getting into that zone and passing on a messege to your unconscious and viola.

i have found it very effective and the frame work makes sense to me...... as it doesnt really have one.

So here's a magic spell that I've been working on recently with great success: "The radio always plays great music for me."

I used to think that the radio didn't play good music and then it occured to me that there's no way it can while I'm listening if I'm casting such an evil spell upon it, so I turned it around and now the radio always plays great music for me. I'm loving it!!

My running is giving me some time by myself when my chi is really flowing for some cool practices and this kind of spellwork is just the kind of thing for it.

The plan is to practice on the little things and build it up from there.

-Yoda

And this is a good example of how the magic of thought energy bounces back on the creator-- since starting my little radio project, my taste in music has become more accomodating--I can enjoy a bunch of country songs now, and in my 37 years that's never happened before. Just started flipping through the dial looking for that good song that I knew was playing and started finding it on a country station here and there to the point that I now like a lot of country music. Same for hip hop. Hasn't happened for Christian Rock--we won't hold our breath on that one!

Lucas believes that Sith magic makes all the Sith masters ugly in one way or another. And I think that focusing any thought energy that feels bad even if it is directed towards an external enemy or problem has that same rebound effect on the sender, but the side effect is getting gummed up imo.

I've been playing this radio game on and off for maybe a year or so, each time making a bit more progress and then just not listening to FM much for awhile. But this recent cycling has been impressive... my project has really established itself as a solid reality for me.

I love this radio game as an arena as it isn't very important and not charged with huge, hurky beliefs to work through--so progress is much easier and it teaches me the steps and gives me confidence in the process, etc.

I think the next step will be to take these good songs that are now on the air and make them ecstatically delicious. Finding the right song for the right moment.

Also, when I'm not listening alone I'll work on developing the ability to find the songs that everyone will like.

And this game blends in nicely with my larger intentions to experience and transmit joy more consistantly and strongly throughout my days.

(I was just rereading "the monk who sold his ferrari" a positive thinking type book that recommends using music as one of its top tools for gettin' groovy. In the past, I'd be tired of loading the mp3s, changing CDs, channel surfing my satellite radio--all the high tech stuff... so this project has some great applications.)

-Yoda