Ben D

Introductory Post

My consuming interest over many years has been to find out what my goal is in life and to give all in attaining to it.

As years passed and I digested all that I could find of the various religious teachings, it began to become clear that the dualistic mindset that drives conceptual thinking 'masks' that for which the concepts stand for.

Eventually through meditation practice, experience or non-experience of no thought occurred and the development of the intuitive faculty unfolded.

The realization of the underlying oneness of all and the nothing is now understood conceptually by 'me', to meet my goal, all that remains is to 'die' to the concept.

My consuming interest over many years has been to find out what my goal is in life and to give all in attaining to it.

As years passed and I digested all that I could find of the various religious teachings, it began to become clear that the dualistic mindset that drives conceptual thinking 'masks' that for which the concepts stand for.

Eventually through meditation practice, experience or non-experience of no thought occurred and the development of the intuitive faculty unfolded.

The realization of the underlying oneness of all and the nothing is now understood conceptually by 'me', to meet my goal, all that remains is to 'die' to the concept.

Hi Ben!

Ya know?

Dying (any level) is as easy or as hard as being born

and taking that first breath.

Hope you have fun!

:D

Shon

Hi Ben!

Ya know?

Dying (any level) is as easy or as hard as being born

and taking that first breath.

Hope you have fun!

:D

Shon

Yes Sir, particularly when it is all happening simulataneouly! :unsure:

...Thanks Shon

Welcome to da Bums. Why cant you just choose your goal? Maybe I just read that wrong? Goals are chosen and not discovered much like our value system which is the foundation and seed of our goals.

Welcome to da Bums. Why cant you just choose your goal? Maybe I just read that wrong? Goals are chosen and not discovered much like our value system which is the foundation and seed of our goals.

A bit if both.

Initially my goal was to find out 'what' and 'who' I really am, and did involve my choosing it.

But when that goal was attained as a conceptual understanding, what remains is the difficult part, ie. to be one with that for which the conceptual understanding stands for,.... the Tau.

This requires a 'death' of my present dualistic mindset and a simultaneous 'rebirth' or 'uncovering' of the changeless Tau.

'Choosing one's goal' obviously implies a state of dualist thinking, ie. a chooser and that which is chosen, clearly a mindset far from the Tau.

To be one with the Tau, conceptual thinking must cease. If conceptual thinking ceases, the personal mind comes to an end. When the personal discriminating mind comes to an end, that which was there all along is revealed.

Hence the very astute reply from Shon,..dying is as easy or as hard as being born!

Thanks for your welcome Darin.