bindo

Mysteries of the Life Force

Mysteries of the Life Force - My apprenticeship with a chi kung expert by Peter Meech

Anybody read this? Kinda interesting. A college student in Toronto see's Dr. Chow on Ripley's believe it or not, and was so impressed by what he saw that he decides to interview him for an article but Dr. Chow won't see him until he becomes a patient.

They become friends and Dr. Chow teaches Peter some basic chi kung standing forms. Most of the time, however, it is Dr. Chow transmitting chi to Peter, in the formal practice time, at a distance, and while Peter was sleeping from Dr. Chow's astral body.

Other patients and students of Dr. Chow are also part of the storyline, as well as a little fortune telling and telepathy.

For people who enjoy reading, this is a well written and entertaining light read. Not much in the way of theory or instruction, but good nonetheless.

Hi Bindo

I read this book over the Christmas holidays and really enjoyed it. There are no Qi Gong excercises in here but a lot about Qi Gong, the benefits and a personal account of Peter Meech's apprenticeship with his Qi Gong Master. I found the story inspiring and motivating. Above all its very readable, I highly recommend it.