muz

is there a link or am i just mental?

up until very recently i have not been involved in any serious practice and my understanding of the many different methods of meditation and the terminology used in describing them is extremely limited.

since a young age i have spent a lot of time messing around with certain types of repetitive beats which, in a way, are kind of like tribal drumming but are electronic, fast and typically harsh and distorted. the thing that gets me about these beats is that although they seem extremely aggressive, they tend to produce a mix of peaceful, calming and relaxing energy and hard, and intensely powerful energy in very high levels in the people that enjoy listening and dancing to them and to me this seems very similar to what people talk about yin and yang energy.

the people who are into this type of "music" are generally the type of people that would never take this seriously but from my messing around i have become able to choose the amount of each type of energy i receive and dramatically change states of consciousness using sequences of movements similar to tai chi and chi kung which previously i could only achieve using stimulants and/or psychedelics.

i am now regularly practicing chi kung to try and further develop my ability to control the energy i found in myself from the "music" and was wondering what experienced practitioners have to say about using sounds to manipulate energy and also if anyone could recommend something for me to practice which is easy to pick up and would work well alongside the chi kung

for anyone interested, here is an example of the "music" i listen to;

http://www.fandalism.com/index.cfm?songid=217313

thanks

Here is something posted here at taobums to check out...about using tones and patterns to help get the brain to different states...

link

It's interesting to find music that we easily sync to. :)

For me it's funky electro breaks, with cool acid synths. Something about manipulating such a raw waveform, a simple sine-wave stretched, distorted, rising, building, breaking off and releasing......I can really feel that current and sometimes I get chills. When I'm cycling or running it peaks me out with and incredible natural high along with fantastic energy. :D

Edited by Junbao

Here is something posted here at taobums to check out...about using tones and patterns to help get the brain to different states...

link

interesting thread, could you link me to somewhere i can learn kunlun exercises?