Sign in to follow this  
RedJade

Celibate practice

Hi all,

Looking for some info on retaining your sexual energy (jing) in the body in order to change it into qi and then shen. My Sifu told me I should refrain from all sexual acts (self or otherwise) for 108 days in order to allow the jing in the body to build up to a level where it starts to transmute into qi. now the question is that I have tried this twice now and after 24 and 28 days respectiveley I got very ill with fevers, vomiting, sensitivity to light, loss of blanace everything. At its worst I could not leave the house or even my bed I was so sick.

What am I doing wrong? I desperately want to continue my path and accomplish the transmutation from hing to qi to shen through this and practice of meditation and 18 lohan palm. Is there something I am screwing up? Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

For what it's worth, I've never heard of simply accumulating jing for 100/108 days without any meditation to go along with it.

I don't know about the specifics of what you have been taught, and what you are practicing, but you may find this thread illuminating:

http://www.thetaobums.com/lofiversion/index.php/t5791.html

I was just practicing normally, a little editatin (my guess is it was not enough), gongfu anf taiji practice along with qigong. I am a very yang and hot person and so I felt the accuulation of all that jing increased the fire to the point I was ill. Thanks for posting the thread I will read it very carefully before my next attempt. Does anyone else have experince with this type of practice?

Help?

Check out alchemicaltaoism.com as another resource. It's possible to get messed up by too much or too little retention, so follow how it feels over other people's recommendations.

I've been thinking about your question and I went through the same sort of thing you did. I was practicing meditation and taiji along with the retention too. I went through lights being too bright, hearing what sounded like voices of thousands of people talking in my ear but I couldn't understand what they were saying, headaches, vomiting/diarrhea black gunk, and other crazy stuff........ but I stuck with it and it eventually stopped but not before it seemed I was flying into psychosis.

From what I understand you were actually doing something right. That was all your channels being cleansed and you were converting jing to qi. Next time you try it you might want to go vegan first for a month or two and start retaining again on or just before the springtime to synch up with the natural cycles of the earth.

How old are you? How old were you when you did this?

100 days of unbroken practice is the word of mouth following psychophysical meditative practice, ie standing stake, pile standing, zen standing. In this way the student experiences the benefits of speeding up or slowing down their daily metabolic cycles.

belly breath

takes 3 days for the battery to reach 0 balance

accompany breathing practice w/ gung (work)

develop a daily routine (sounds like something teacher has you doing) if you havn't already figure out the high and low tide of your chi cycle and practice. Usually morning or evening but some people midday midnight.

breathing moving and food

What does your sifu have to say

Agreed. I can only assume that you are coming to us because you did not do this under your teacher's instruction - he just mentioned it. That fact that he mentioned it to you is a good sign... perhaps mentioning you experience to him may lead him to teach you the method that worked for him.

Just a thought...

Yours humbly,

James

Sign in to follow this