erdweir

kudalini poisoning for the masses

hello apparently i have to post here to enable my access to certain forums.

i found this site after searching for eric yudelove's name and read some discussion of him here.

i have been looking at the written material for taoist yoga/internal alchemy for a while, and it was making a bit more sense to me than western or south asian stuff.

so i started doing the microcosmic orbit exercise from chia's books recently and got the typical result. or one typical result maybe.

i was working my way up the spine after a couple of weeks spine when i hit a roadblock. i got stuck there for some reason, and could not return the chi to my navel. i could feel these warm streams of energy undulating around in my spine and trying to push past some bubble. after a while i got really uncomfortable and started tossing and turning and gnawing enthusiastically on my arms. they were so fun to bite i cant tell you. i got a bit spooked and called up this weird dude i met who had studied extensively with chia and he talked me down. like i was having a bad trip or something.

things are a bit better now, but last night i got all the way up into my brain and after i had put the chi to bed it kept coming back and spontaneously heating up the third eye area, it must be really happy there or something. it took me a few tries to really put it back to rest.

anyway i am interested in working with all of this bio-electricity, chi, orgone, or whatever you want to call it. it's fascinating stuff.

i sort of have a teacher if i want one but i am a bit alienated by how far off the map he is. and i thought i was weird. maybe some day i will become part of an inter-dimensional spirit army too and have these words force fed to my immortal astral body at the gates of taoist paradise. it is hard to know how to take these kind of perspectives sometimes, but then again i am just starting off so why worry about it? in all fairness, sometimes this world seems like it is made out of wax to me anyway, i get alice in wonderland syndrome often enough, so who am i to question his perceprions? it is mainly a compatibility issue. or i dont know how to interpret them yet.

i have friends who have done kundalini, ch kung, tantra, internal martial arts, voodoo, etc., but none of then seem to be close at hand these days. so i am going it alone here in san francisco.

ciao

Very complex topic. Your sure to get many answers on this here.

My general answer or advice would be it's better/safer to get a good, strong foundation in stillness practices before doing alot of energy work. The Healing Tao school works on getting the microcosmic orbit open as quickly as possible. It seems to work well for some and not others. It's basically what some people refer to as a "fire method". Though I have heard some people call the inner smile a water method.

You might try out more of a water method and see how you like that. Such as BK Frantzis stuff or the Kunlun practice. Or even just quiet still sitting. Check out meditationexpert.com. According to Bill Bodri all the guiding energy around with your mind is a big waste of time and your better off doing emptiness meditation and allowing your qi to build up and the channels to open naturally on their own.

The Kunlun practice(Kunlunbliss.com)basically follows this same philosophy but it is an active meditation. It also is said to open the channels naturally without needing to guide energy around with your mind.

Good luck,

Cam

oh yes that was part of it. when i started doing the orbit i wasnt practicing any of the other introductory level exercises that are presented along side it in the written material(inner smile/healing sounds). after i realized my omission, i found that using the inner smile helped melt the blockage in my back.

but i think part of my issue was just inexperience and panic. i just got a rather strong reaction fairly quickly and got enthralled by the experience of it squirming around in my back and then lost focus. things are going better now, but like i said sometimes i have to put a little extra effort in to reel in some random chi phenomena.

yes everybody has some special method it seems, some say theirs is better, and i dont really know now do i? I havent heard of the things you are referencing. i will take a look.

most esoteric practices confuse the hell out of me because they use so many symbols and archetypes. when i was younger i looked at western kaballah and couldn't crack it. i met some crowley types and they gave me the sleaze vibe so i didnt pursue it. there is this dark aspect to people like crowley, artaud, or william burroughs i am attracted to, but it ends up being too much for me. then again i am usually too dark for the taoist/tantra folks i have met. havent found my niche yet.

tantra and indian metaphysics also boggle me. i like some of the twisted stories about the siddhas, but the whole cosmology is a bit beyond me at this point.

the taoist material has been broken down by chia and some of his followers so it is somehow comprehensible to me. i figure there are allot of ways to go. it makes sense that i would have a little trouble at first just starting by myself with no teacher or experience.

Edited by erdweir

I think the problem with Chia's approach is that he focuses on one chakra at a time without focusing on one CYCLE at a time -- the latter emphasizes bringing the energy back down. Here's an excellent, very affordable "small universe" 1/2 hour practice c.d. that will guide you through a focus on CYCLES -- not on just one chakra per session. https://ssl.blueearth.net/bornahealer/ecomm...=250&page=1

That way you'll be grounding and transforming the energy more. All the best,

hello apparently i have to post here to enable my access to certain forums.

i found this site after searching for eric yudelove's name and read some discussion of him here.

i have been looking at the written material for taoist yoga/internal alchemy for a while, and it was making a bit more sense to me than western or south asian stuff.

so i started doing the microcosmic orbit exercise from chia's books recently and got the typical result. or one typical result maybe.

i was working my way up the spine after a couple of weeks spine when i hit a roadblock. i got stuck there for some reason, and could not return the chi to my navel. i could feel these warm streams of energy undulating around in my spine and trying to push past some bubble. after a while i got really uncomfortable and started tossing and turning and gnawing enthusiastically on my arms. they were so fun to bite i cant tell you. i got a bit spooked and called up this weird dude i met who had studied extensively with chia and he talked me down. like i was having a bad trip or something.

things are a bit better now, but last night i got all the way up into my brain and after i had put the chi to bed it kept coming back and spontaneously heating up the third eye area, it must be really happy there or something. it took me a few tries to really put it back to rest.

anyway i am interested in working with all of this bio-electricity, chi, orgone, or whatever you want to call it. it's fascinating stuff.

i sort of have a teacher if i want one but i am a bit alienated by how far off the map he is. and i thought i was weird. maybe some day i will become part of an inter-dimensional spirit army too and have these words force fed to my immortal astral body at the gates of taoist paradise. it is hard to know how to take these kind of perspectives sometimes, but then again i am just starting off so why worry about it? in all fairness, sometimes this world seems like it is made out of wax to me anyway, i get alice in wonderland syndrome often enough, so who am i to question his perceprions? it is mainly a compatibility issue. or i dont know how to interpret them yet.

i have friends who have done kundalini, ch kung, tantra, internal martial arts, voodoo, etc., but none of then seem to be close at hand these days. so i am going it alone here in san francisco.

ciao

You should probably get good instruction from somewhere other than trying random practices from books. Especially challenging practices like microcosmic orbit.

Wow, am I actually saying that!? I'm all for the do it yourself approach...yet it's hard to correctly do it yourself. So it's probably necessary to really research and try out different methods and teachers, and see what works. A lot of stuff is bad info out there.

AND, it's not good to have heat in your head, no matter what practice you do or what tradition you're from. You should put the tip of your tongue slightly behind where your two front teeth meet the upper palate, keep it there all the time in a relaxed and natural way, that'll help energy come down, and also smile and laugh throughout the day (if you don't already). When you do embryonic breathing, don't force it. Just those three things alone are powerful practices when more energy awakens. You could try taking up a simple standing technique also, which is good for opening the legs and feet. These are all the basics...and any master of anything will tell you that mastery comes from a mastering of the basics! But they are powerful enough so that after just a month or so you will definitely notice better results.

There are good resources here at this forum, just keep an open mind and try to see which you think is best.

www.alchemicaltaoism.com is a great resource for free info. It's the work of Trunk, who is at this forum.

My personal favorite thing is kunlun. B)

Hope it all works out.

By the way, Cameron is right in recommending stillness meditation. I had good results in balancing out kundalini problems by doing awareness watching awareness meditation...but that method is kind of tricky in its simplicity.

erdweir,

Welcome to taobums! What does your name mean?

Your pal,

Yoda

to drew, what do you mean by cycles? and just to clarify, i was thinking that chia does have you focus on one center at a time in the beginning, but the goal is to circulate it around, not leave it in one place. it that what you mean by a cycle? a lap around the orbit?

to scotty, i actually went to a teacher and didnt get much more info than i already knew. you are describing the tongue thing that is in chia's books, right? sounds the same, as well as your warnings about heat in the head, he never leaves that out.

and kunlun, people here are all on about that it seems, what is it?

thank you both for the suggestions, i think i have it more under control now. i just got a bit overwhelmed once but i am interested in hearing more of course....

and yoda, i made erdweir up. my birth name is birch hayes

http://www.birchhayes.com/index.html

Nice drawings!

Kunlun is popular here but it's in no way affiliated with taobums. You can review all the Kunlun threads and kunlunbliss.com for more info.

Yoda