Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Arid landscapes good for cultivation?

Got Bodri's new e-mail. They are always pretty fascinatin stuff. About the 6th Dalai Lama secretly running away from Tibet and discontinuing the lineage. Controversial, of course!

His thing about it being easier to practice cultivation in arid landscapes and conditions.

I think being in an arid surrounding ups the fire element in the body which could benefit some folks and set others back, I'd imagine. In our firey culture, I'd think some moisture would be of benefit.

-Yoda

Yeah, its mos def a balance, I dont know. Vapor is good too, i mean, there are infinite factors that go into it. Its all 1.

What happened with number 6?

According to Bodri, number 6 went to China and stayed in China/Mongolia somewhere as a hermit while the Tibetans allegedly found the next Dalai Lama and so forth. So Bodri is claiming that the 1-6 were legitimate, but 7+ are not legitimate.

As a student of the Tibetans, this kind of allegation happens all the time. There's a very long history extending to the present of this sort of allegation between the Tibetans, the Mongolians, and the Chinese... they all claim to have found their own reincarnation of various important lineages. Everyone is trying to manipulate each other.

One thing that only the lamas really get, is that it is easy for one nonphysical "entity" to reincarnate into different bodies--so there can be multiple simultaneous reincarnations of masters going on in different places. This is true for the manipulative rulers as well, so you could have the same exact cast of characters on two sides of a dispute.

Actually the Dalai Lama title and line of succession was itself created by sword point by the Mongolians. Just the lama in question was pretty crafty and up to the challenge of protecting the Tibetans from further Mongolian bullying and to keep the new lineage going.

Maybe the 6th did become a hermit in China and maybe the Tibetans did find #7 before #6 died, but so what?

-Yoda

Maybe the 6th did become a hermit in China and maybe the Tibetans did find #7 before #6 died, but so what?

4460[/snapback]

My sentiments exactly. :lol:

Sign in to follow this