Mantra68

The Red Sun practice

OK kids,

Here is a method for quickly going into the heart and clearing what is there. Bear in mind that it is not easy. In one session it will bring you to a threshold that is both exciting and scary as hell.

Leave yer kung fu at the door. It can't help you here.

Enjoy.

Chris

RED SUN

by Max Christensen

This method as given to me by a hung-moon teacher in Taos, New Mexico.

Sit in a chair, feet flat with your fist closed on top of your thighs. Sit for a moment until the mind is empty and relaxed. Imagine, in the middle dantien area, a small, golf ball sized ball of glowing matter. This matter looks like a hot coal from a fire. It glows and it has hot vapor around it.

See it as very real within the center of your chest.

Now inhale through your nose gently, enough so that you can hold your breath in a neutral state (about 2/3 of capacity). After the inhalation, swallow hard with a gulping sound, tuck your chin, but keep the spine and neck aligned.

Slightly tighten the anus, so energy doesn't leak, now hold the breath neutrally. You will feel like your air will dissipate quickly, so if this happens inhale tiny amount of air, to get the neutral feeling. If you over-inflated, blow some air out.

As you are running out of air, relax.

You will begin to feel this implosive, shrinking feeling as your lungs convulse for air. The energy will begin to ping-pong up and down in your chest. It may feel like you are going to die, but you won't. Relax more and with your mind, see the coal getting brighter and brighter, hotter and hotter, so when you feel you can't hold it anymore, say to yourself, melt, melt, see the heat melt the body.

If you can hang in this state and keep melting more and more each time the (death) feeling hits, you may feel like you are going to transition over into another energetic form.

If you do it right, an orgasmic hiccup and a surge of intense bliss arises. After this, exhale slowly through the mouth and repeat twice more, but only inhale once between sets or youll lose the effect.

This opens the deepest part of the emotions, so be prepared and do not do this more than twice a month......carefully.

See if you can break the barrier.

Max

• Like 1

So I just got through watching "Powder" and I logged on to find this bad boy!

Oy vey!!

:lol:

So I just got through watching "Powder" and I logged on to find this bad boy!

Oy vey!!

:lol:

Powder is great, yeah?

Red Sun is not your momma's energy practice. It will really push you to your limit.

Staying with it and "melting" through the "panic-point" is the key. But it is soooo challenging.

I can't wait for the feedback, man.

Good luck! ;)

• Like 1

Hi Mantra,

Very interesting meditation practice, you think this can be harmful at all for people holding there breath?

Bit too full on for me right now! :D

WYG

This sounds along similar principles as the Murccha Pranayama:

"A very challenging kumbhaka practice is "murccha", which literally means "fainting. " Here you are instructed to hold the breath until you faint. If you approach murccha with the courageous attitude of "yes, I am prepared to hold the breath until I pass out, " it's possible for you to discover that power in you which makes you stop and breathe. You can only discover it if you are really and truly prepared to hold the breath until you pass out. You are not attempting suicide. You are just looking to discover prana. You hold the breath, and suddenly, just before passing out, something beyond the 'me' steps in, takes your hand away from the nose, and makes you take a breath of air."

Hi Mantra,

Very interesting meditation practice, you think this can be harmful at all for people holding there breath?

Bit too full on for me right now! :D

WYG

It is a little advanced. Like everything else: try it at your own risk.

This is a good test to see if you have what it takes to go all the way with your Dragon Body.

It is a "toe dipper". You can try it a little to get a sense of it, and eventually push the envelope.

If you can't unfold your heart, this will help.

This sounds along similar principles as the Murccha Pranayama:

"A very challenging kumbhaka practice is "murccha", which literally means "fainting. " Here you are instructed to hold the breath until you faint. If you approach murccha with the courageous attitude of "yes, I am prepared to hold the breath until I pass out, " it's possible for you to discover that power in you which makes you stop and breathe. You can only discover it if you are really and truly prepared to hold the breath until you pass out. You are not attempting suicide. You are just looking to discover prana. You hold the breath, and suddenly, just before passing out, something beyond the 'me' steps in, takes your hand away from the nose, and makes you take a breath of air."

The hard swallow and the chin tuck prevent the energy from rising to the head and allow you to focus on the heart center.

Fainting is not usually part of it.

• Like 1

tuck your chin

Jalandhara Bandha - prevents Prana from escaping through the upper apertures.

Slightly tighten the anus

Mula Bandha - Locks the loss of Prana through the lower apertures.

When combined with Pranayama and Bandha traya [the three bandhas: Jalandhara, Mula and Oddiyana], it forms the skeleton of the great practice of Mahamudra, greatly prescribed to awaken Kundalini. The same is described esoterically as Shakti Peeths or physical abodes of Shakti or tripura in India, held as great power centers: Kamarupa, Jalandhara, Purnagiri and Oddiyana.

Also, an advanced form of Thokar Kriya advocates revolving the Prana in a cyclic fashion rapidly while holding the three locks to generate sufficient heat to awaken the Kundalini. However, without Nadi Shuddhi and enough preparation, Mahamudra is said to cause harm.

Edited by SiliconValley

Thanks, so dragon body follows the same lines to hold the breath?

Will try this much later once i do more level 1!

thanks cant wait to see what people comment on it if they try it!

I just did this four times, each time I went much further. Really interesting. I found it very very difficult to resist thrashing around, it obviously brings up intense physical resistance. I didn't have an orgasmic surge or a distinct breakthrough of any sort, but about 5 minutes after the practice I spontaneously cried and now even 10 minutes afterward my entire body is still buzzing with blissful energy.

Sean

I just did this four times, each time I went much further. Really interesting. I found it very very difficult to resist thrashing around, it obviously brings up intense physical resistance. I didn't have an orgasmic surge or a distinct breakthrough of any sort, but about 5 minutes after the practice I spontaneously cried and now even 10 minutes afterward my entire body is still buzzing with blissful energy.

Sean

Yup. It works.

Just don't do it too often, man. Heed Max's warning.

• Like 1

Two doubts:

* How long do we hold it after inhalation? Do we exhale? What if it becomes hard to hold it for a longer duration?

* Do we necessarily have to visualize? It's so hard for me... :blink:

Two doubts:

* How long do we hold it after inhalation? Do we exhale? What if it becomes hard to hold it for a longer duration?

* Do we necessarily have to visualize? It's so hard for me... :blink:

Doubts?

They sound more like questions.

You hold until the desire for air is so great that you feel the draw from you lungs create a piston-like movement up and down your katika channel from your heart to your throat. At this point (when you feel like you are going to die) you buck instinct and instead relax more and say "melt" internally. Let all of the built up tension melt.

Skip the visualization if its too much. Just go with the feeling.

The practice is really only for the most brave souls. I really don't recommend it for newbies.

• Like 1

Mantra,

Could you give us a brief discription of what you have got from it and what you have seen on the otherside?

How does it relate to Dragon body?

Im off to work at nightshift i work in emergency department so if i die i can get brought back! (hopefully) :P

regards

WYG

Wow today I went surfing in big eight foot swell I really shouldn't have been out there because I was already phisically exhausted but had a go anyway.Well the first wave I caught just pick me up and smashed me driving me down and holding me under.Now the worst thing you can do is panic you have to learn to relax and take the beating.Unfortunately the hold down was more than I had anticipated and I began to run out of air.The urge to panic is huge as everything started to go black. To keep from opening my mouth I tucked my chin as I rolled around in the fetus position.I started to see stars then something popped in my ears and I could see myself pinned underwater I returned to my body and got a surge of energy that allowed me to swim to the surface.The breath of air was the best thing I have ever had. Better then anything ever.

I stayed in the water for awhile just gulping air then made my way back to the beach were I got smashed again but nowhere near as heavy as the first time.

About a half an hour later I got angery for no reason then started crying.

Then I came home and read your entry Mantra and thought that is exactly what I had just went through.

Tommorrow when I regain myself I will try the red sun practice it sounds like it could be good training.

well. this was briefly discussed in an earlier thread with drew.

something about holding your breath until you faint. You may just get lucky and succeed. I think if remember correctly drew did. I sure did it as a teenager.

so. dont hold your breath til you pass out. Like Chris says, it is not good to get the energy up to the brain. you may get seizures. bound to break some barriers yes, and bring out the tears. but I would go really easy on this one and follow the instructions carefully.

These types of automatic kriya happen to me alot, lately all day long while I sit at the office. I usually get the root lock and kumbakha...with the air focused on particular energy wheels. The heart center yields a very blissful and orgasmic energy. Also, as the wheels begin to vibrate, they set up resonances with one another and much energy exchange between them can be felt. As the years have gone by, more kumbakha has made it's way into my sadhan.

Watch for automatic kechari, things get interesting :) I would be curious if people are having these experiences.

Cheers,

Satyalok

Wow today I went surfing in big eight foot swell I really shouldn't have been out there because I was already phisically exhausted but had a go anyway.Well the first wave I caught just pick me up and smashed me driving me down and holding me under.Now the worst thing you can do is panic you have to learn to relax and take the beating.Unfortunately the hold down was more than I had anticipated and I began to run out of air.The urge to panic is huge as everything started to go black. To keep from opening my mouth I tucked my chin as I rolled around in the fetus position.I started to see stars then something popped in my ears and I could see myself pinned underwater I returned to my body and got a surge of energy that allowed me to swim to the surface.The breath of air was the best thing I have ever had. Better then anything ever.

I stayed in the water for awhile just gulping air then made my way back to the beach were I got smashed again but nowhere near as heavy as the first time.

About a half an hour later I got angery for no reason then started crying.

Then I came home and read your entry Mantra and thought that is exactly what I had just went through.

Tommorrow when I regain myself I will try the red sun practice it sounds like it could be good training.

WOW! Great story. Incredibly synchronicity. :o

Sean

Chris,

Do you keep the chin tucked the whole time then? I tried this last night and got the impression that once you felt you couldn't hold the breath anymore you just relax and let the posture go, and focus on the visualization?

I went through some shaking, some bursts of energy, and then a few moments of fading in and out. It was really easy to visualize at that point since I wanted to breath so bad, I imagined the hot red burning energy melting my desire/need for air.

Then I felt like I might be getting close to passing out so I stopped and took some air. :wacko:

I was wondering, since this shouldn't be done too often, what is considered attempting, and what is considered success? Like, if I don't feel like I got it, is it harmful to try till I do? And once I realize I have made it, stop there? Or should it only be tried every so often?

Thanks for sharing techniques and I hope everyone enjoys the weekend! :D

Sounds interesting. But what are the benefits of this radical method? Is it simply to clear the mind? What usually happens after performing this, will it bring the subconscious memories to the surface? Does it give bliss? People have posted their experiences, but not very clear. Do they see visions, experience physical sensations, or what else? B)

What's that little flat liner game where Japanese teenagers choke each other? In any case with my family out of town, I allowed myself to get tied up and strangled last night but only until I passed out. Very Cool!!! Actually, I didn't but my kunlun fired up and I forgot about the chin lock and and it did make me laugh when I was done. It's a great drill for people like me who need a bit of help accessing their deeper emotions. I think I'll focus on the chin lock in the future and forget the visualization for the timebeing... there was too much to keep track of and I didn't go nearly as far as is possible with the practice.

Seadog, Awesome synchronicity!!! I'd wait 2 weeks before repeating, though.

Thanks for the great practice Chris and Max!!

Your pal,

Yoda

I do this practice for quite some time allready, didnt knew its called red sun though.

Thanx for the clear explenation Chris :)

edit: when you faint there's something wrong i think.

Edited by minkus

Wow, this practice takes you from the fear of love - to the LOVE OF FEAR :lol:

I wish I could do it more, it took me some time(20 minutes) to start getting some intersting heat and eventually I went out and felt for a couple of seconds what does it mean that you see a tree, and that's all you need in this world, beacuse the all world is singing this beautiful simphony, didn't cry tough, I wish i could go more further....

Thank you Chris and Max, very much.

Thank you Mantra,

This sounds very similar to Tummo, forcing the winds into the central channel with vase breath and then the bliss arises. Contracting the mucsles of the lower doors of the body draws the stomach in a little, swallowing and applying the neck lock unites the upper and lower winds at the navel and moves the winds inside the central channel. With tummo an imagined letter Ram (or red hot sun) begins to glow like a red hot furnace and the nadi blazes like a very tiny fire at the nada. Tummo refers to the original red drop. On blazing the tummo fire the pure red drop (and white) drip and fill the central channel and great bliss arises. (Guide to Dakini Land, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso).

Hmm maybe a similar thing when i choke out my students when grappling and they start shaking and then come back? hahahaha

lets do grappling red sun practice!!! :D

Does it matter if you lose your jing chi, does it harm the practice? Do I need to retain my essence for the success of this practice?

Thank you,

ToL