Taiji Bum

Got any "Dragon Gate" pictures?

mandalas can translate into physical representations

yes! SMILES. I will post the sentence i didnt post yesterday now.

"you continue to insist on putting me off at the last station while I keep telling you;

- I insist on seing every little town on the way".

:)

Edited by rain

This is interesting video about swastika which is found all over the civilizations of the earth:

E3xr7xUlLlo

sJjfkAzLPfM

--------------------------

thanks steam, really!, for posting those videos w/ideograms

btw I errored, the mandala I mentioned was from ancient Troy in Greece. Hissarlik. not sweden.

in the second video she speaks of the "fulfot" symbol in england. In my book "tanketekn" by Carl G Liungman this "fulfot" ideogram/symbol/mandala is presented with the circle around it, and is dated 2000 BC. But mirrored. (that is clockwise). It is interpreted as a sun symbol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hisarlik

yes a huge digression. since Troy is not Dragons Gate.

Edited by rain

I would think Jesse's explanation is likely more correct with connection to the Taoist Longmen Pai, then. Very interesting. I still would like to study with him in China sometime, but just ran out of vacation time this year...

Jesse's reference is correct. In all respects. I have the great good fortune to travel there this year. It is an absolutely magnificent place. Quite untouched compared to many famous Taoist sites. Especially compared to Huashan which while also incredible and powerful is absolutely overrun by tourists.

This place cited by Jesse is referred to as "The Dragon Gate Cave". As it was explained to me it is referred to as ...Cave, because it predates the Taoist Temple system which came later. So although there are shrines and temples here there were people doing cultivation in the many caves here long before.

Don't know anything about the Dragon Gate Grottoe. It may or may not be directly related with Longmenpai and complete reality (Quanzhen) Taoism, but it is not "THE" Dragon Gate.

All of this of course does not go to the original question about Dragon Gate symbols, which I cannot address either.

Craig

Hi Darin,

It's been some time since your experience, so I'm wondering what you think the significance of the swastika is? I'm sure you have a few personal theories you've developed, if you care to share. :)

Thanks in advance.

And buddhism & Hinduism took that symbol from Bonpo..

And Bonpo took that symbol from shamanistic groups of Central Asia and Siberia. The earliest swastica known was found in Mezin, Ukraine and it is dated 10,000 BC. It is depicted on a bird figurine carved out of mammoth tusk:

2r6mjwp.png

I borrowed this info from the wikipedia (;)) you can read more here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika_origin_theories

prove it.

gonna throw Atlantis in there?

Bonpo is just a shamanic tradition, why do you give it so much credit when theres no evidence for it

What do you mean "just" a shamanic tradition? Have you read Bon books? The Bon books I've read on Dzogchen were quite good! No, I will say excellent even.

Shamans are not always stupid spirit chasers. There are different kinds of shamans. Don't forget that Taoism traces its own origins to shamanism as well, at least according to many scholars. In any case, when a shaman appears and starts to present questionable views, we should question them, but we shouldn't question the mere presence of something just based on its name.

The main point is that it's not so much about the tradition. It's about the people. And there are some really great Bon teachers. In fact, I think Bon teachers I've read were more forthcoming and less secretive than the Buddhist ones, so to my mind, they are greater. The Bon Dzogchen books are more revealing in some ways than the Buddhist ones.

Edited by goldisheavy

Many Shamanic traditions have a Non Dual Element. Its just that (it seems to me) that there was less focus on achieving it. They were very practical in that they were there to serve the community with Herbs and magick and counsellings and divinations First.

I think (and just my theory) That they didn't think many people were qualified to go for the real High Level stuff and a tribe couldn't afford to lose all its members to some spiritual quest.

Look at the Andean Shaman's higher level, Alto Mesayok training, which includes Oneness with everything and the descriptions of many shaman from around the world talking about Oneness with Nature and with Great Spirit.

Its not just 'stupid spirit chasing stuff' although thats fun too... :lol:

Seth.

not exactly taoist, rather Islamic Samarran from 5th millenia BC..

I'm sorry, but how can anything be Islamic, from before the advent of Islam?

Hi Darin,

It's been some time since your experience, so I'm wondering what you think the significance of the swastika is? I'm sure you have a few personal theories you've developed, if you care to share. :)

Thanks in advance.

I dont know what it is, sorry. :(

And Bonpo took that symbol from shamanistic groups of Central Asia and Siberia. The earliest swastica known was found in Mezin, Ukraine and it is dated 10,000 BC. It is depicted on a bird figurine carved out of mammoth tusk:

2r6mjwp.png

I borrowed this info from the wikipedia (;)) you can read more here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika_origin_theories

Ah - that's interesting.

Clearly the swastika is very ancient and it pre-dates any of the current religions of Buddhism, Hinduism. I was going to suggest Indus Valley/Mesopotamia as it indicates here:

http://www.symbols.com/encyclopedia/15/151.html

But I think now it is older. Anyway no point squabbling about who had it first because it seems to go back to the very earliest times when IMO there was a common wisdom-teaching which is the source of all shamanism/mysticism and so on which existed afterwards.

I would say it contains both the idea of rotation (sun, stars, seasons etc.) and fourfoldedness i.e. four compass directions, four seasons, four points in the year (solstices and equinoxes), four phases of moon and so on.

By the way is this the dragon gate or not ( I am confused by this thread) :)

Ah - that's interesting...

Yes I know it is. As you can see in this pic taken from the Chinese Book of Silk (168 BC), a manual of ancient Astronomy which depicts 29 comets found by Taoist Astronomers.

6oimgn.png

Comets where good indicators of changes in the Universe, following the I-Ching precepts. Hence the swastika would be revered as a spiritual symbol.

The swastika is well depicted in this drawing. Can anyone in here translate some of those Chinese characters. Gee I can imagine that it would be difficult to translate that stuff, probably a researcher of ancient Chinese would be able to.

After thinking about it more I am not absolutely sure what it was but I have seen a top down cross section of the brain and it could have been just a psychic "light" vision of my own brain. I think what it represents is the sacred marraige of Shiva/Shakti or Dragon/Tiger.

My personal theory of this stuff is that we have a soul that gives life to our physical body and we also have a yin spiritual body that gets its energy from the physical body. I think if you can connect the soul to the spirit then the yin body become yang and you can become immortal over time. I think the flaming swastika is the confirmatory sign of connecting the spirit and soul.

When the soul (kundalini) rises up the spine it connects with the yin body which is connected to the body at the pineal and when that happens you get a swirling torus of energy that looks like a flaming swastika to the inner vision. The four yin/yan looking things could be the left and right ventricals. The center of the swastika seemed to be centered on the pineal.

I am just free thinking and writing my thoughts here.... I seriously dont know. I used to think I knew but since I failed I am not sure about anything.

After thinking about it more I am not absolutely sure what it was but I have seen a top down cross section of the brain and it could have been just a psychic "light" vision of my own brain. I think what it represents is the sacred marraige of Shiva/Shakti or Dragon/Tiger.

My personal theory of this stuff is that we have a soul that gives life to our physical body and we also have a yin spiritual body that gets its energy from the physical body. I think if you can connect the soul to the spirit then the yin body become yang and you can become immortal over time. I think the flaming swastika is the confirmatory sign of connecting the spirit and soul.

When the soul (kundalini) rises up the spine it connects with the yin body which is connected to the body at the pineal and when that happens you get a swirling torus of energy that looks like a flaming swastika to the inner vision. The four yin/yan looking things could be the left and right ventricals. The center of the swastika seemed to be centered on the pineal.

I am just free thinking and writing my thoughts here.... I seriously dont know. I used to think I knew but since I failed I am not sure about anything.

One of the videos above shows the Buddha with the swastika on his heart centre. I think the three Tan tiens are strongly connected through the central channel and the upper an dlower come together through the heart. (?)

What do you mean Darin when you say you failed? Being not sure is a perfect position for learning. Most people who say they are sure ... well actually they are not! IMHO. :)

Yes I know it is. As you can see in this pic taken from the Chinese Book of Silk (168 BC), a manual of ancient Astronomy which depicts 29 comets found by Taoist Astronomers.

6oimgn.png

Comets where good indicators of changes in the Universe, following the I-Ching precepts. Hence the swastika would be revered as a spiritual symbol.

The swastika is well depicted in this drawing. Can anyone in here translate some of those Chinese characters. Gee I can imagine that it would be difficult to translate that stuff, probably a researcher of ancient Chinese would be able to.

Do you think that the symbol is originally a comet? The diagram shows all sorts of shapes for comets and the swastika is only one.

Here's a nice one BTW,

hh050.jpg

This teacher that I recently met claims to be a 21st generation Dragon Gate Taoist. Whether he or not does not matter to me so much right now only because of the energetic forces that I saw him engage during the class. Both my girlfriend and I were amazed at what he was doing. Anyway I asked him about the symbol of his school which he believed was the original Dragon Gate symbol. His story was that when Qui Chuji met with Ghangis he asked Qui Chuji what was the one thing he needed to do to help his own spiritual path. Qui Chuji replied that Ghangis should stop the killing. Instead of stopping all killing Ghangis gave this symbol to Qui so that he or any of his students would not be killed by Ghangis's soldiers. This is just a different take on the Dragon Gate symbol and obviously has no connection to what you would see from the 3rd eye.

dragon%20gate%20symbol.jpg

It looks that way because I did it in "microsoft draw". In reality it had rounded edges but was also crystaline in appearence and spinning. It had a rainbow hue all around it too. My drawing of what I think the dragon gate is the same as if I tried to draw a person.... you'd get a stick figure. I'm just not an artist. LOL

Hi Darin (hope thats your name) :)

Please excuse my ignorance - im new here :D

You say - In reality it had rounded edges...... etc. Where did you see the symbol?

Is this teacher you're talking about in or around NYC, NYC student?

Hi ST,

The teacher's name is Sat Hon and is in Manhattan. You can goggle him for his website.

I have been following the 100 day, 10 month, 3 year, and 9 year model of alchemy and at the end of the 9 years nothing happened. I have been messing around with times and dates to try and figure out if I am counting wrong but I definately did something wrong since none of them extend this long. I am now past the 9 years stage. Bummer.....

May I ask what was supposed to happen? I don't know this system that well.

May I ask what was supposed to happen? I don't know this system that well.

From what I gathered I was supposed to be immortal at the end of the nine years and after that was the transformation of the body into the body of light and then ascension.

From what I gathered I was supposed to be immortal at the end of the nine years and after that was the transformation of the body into the body of light and then ascension.

Hi Darin,

I read your other thread after I posted and I think I get it now. I left a message. I realize now you had a specific goal. I suppose it would be a cliche to say that there is no formula for success. You can follow any method and it may work but what really works is your own level of realization through the process. I don't really believe in methods in this sense because spirit is immediate, spontaneous and continually creative. But that's just me. If you don't mind me saying I don't think you should say or think 'I failed' because what we are all trying to do is very hard, the most difficult thing a human being can do. Its important not to get discouraged on the way because I believe it is possible. You made a valiant attempt I would guess and learned a whole lot of stuff in trying. That's not failure. Failure is giving up and welcoming despair as your ally. I don't know you but I don't think you have done that.

what does the swastika have to do with taoism?

It has things to do with all the other eastern traditions. Beyond that I do not know. It is a symbol of good luck and welcome, could have something to do with it.