Pranaman

LSD, Mushrooms, and Yogis?

When asked a question about LSD, a yogi said to only use the medicine when alone and alone with your mind. I was just wondering if anyone knows of good information on this idea.

I know that I wouldn't be practicing spiritually if I hadn't ever done mushrooms or LSD. They tore down my cultural ego. This is the standard experience from these types of substances.

Erowid has some particular meditations to do while 'up there'. My friend while on LSD on the side of a mountain in Hawaii and his wife did a meditation through a windstorm thru the night, the whole time he could see a white light from her third eye go up into the sky.

Anyway, i just want more information on this practice and method. I believe that these entheogens increase the amount of energy in your body, and it's up to you to use that energy as you wish. Whether it be directing it into paranoia or awakening.

When asked a question about LSD, a yogi said to only use the medicine when alone and alone with your mind. I was just wondering if anyone knows of good information on this idea.

This might be good advice for a "repeat offender" :lol: but it's astoundingly bad advice for someone's first experiment or two. Someone needs to be there with a constant sanity check handy.

Ahhh. The high points. Don't forget the low glows as well. Practice effects body chemistry.

What about connecting to plant spirits? They can be extremely helpful, and what if mushrooms are really here for us to connect with the Pleiadians? These are all possibilites, but meditation to, can channel us into these outside guides, and in a safer way.

What about connecting to plant spirits? They can be extremely helpful, and what if mushrooms are really here for us to connect with the Pleiadians? These are all possibilites, but meditation to, can channel us into these outside guides, and in a safer way.

There is nothing spiritual to gain from drugs that you cannot gain from normal spiritual development. But if you do drugs you have to deal with the side-effects. It dosent matter if it natural or not, the side-effects are still there.

???

:angry:

No reason to ingest anything to connect with plant spirits.

as for Pleiadians ... LOL

Try connecting with the next person you see!

Weather it's a loved one, a stranger, or your own face in the mirror!

If you are meant to connect with "far out folks" from other worlds

may as well practice with those you meet every day!

There are other ways to connect with things like that

other than tripping your brains out.

:wacko:

Good luck

be safe :D

Prana can be a good vehicle, Pranaman!

I don't think anyone here is endorsing anything, just sharing and speculating. :)

I personally feel that the after effects are much worse than the enjoyable parts, which is why I have not done anything like that for a LONG time. But I don't think I am a bad person for trying these things. ;)

I don't even drink anymore. I just like to be myself. :D

Brilliant topic. I've done many meditations in my time, some under the influence of a variety of drugs. A personal favourite is the Practice of Natural Light, as perscribed by Namkhai Norbu in a book of the same title, under the influence of LSA (in particular, Chemistry by the London Underground - a legal high company). Energy shot up my spine... lots of it. I could see swirls of energy pervading everything, I received many messages from spiritual guides, my aura was beaming, I experienced the oneness of everything... and much more.

However, a warning: do not use the temporary levels of higher energy for one's own gain. Sounds obvious, but I had hell to pay for telling the Kundalini that I was ready and for my enquirying about past and future events. Guess what... I wasn't ready.

Drugs are as much a part of the divine as anything else. Some people fail to realise this. Use them at your own discretion but I beg all those who try: do your research. Read, read and read about the drugs you plan to take. Talk to people who have taken them, ask them what advice they would give to someone who wanted to take them. Do it until you know you are sure you want to take them, remove all doubt, all negativity - then it's simply a matter for waiting for the right time in your life to ingest them.

DMT is a particularly powerful drug that I have yet to try. My drugs days are behind me, but I think that for DMT I would allow myself a temporary break... and perhaps Iboga. I've had friends talk to hundred year old trees for hours on these drugs.

Shrooms: wait for a beautiful day outdoors, and they are most potent brewed in a tea (do not boil). A common myth is that the more blue the insides of the mushrooms the more powerful they are, the blue is infact the bacteria that breaksdown the active chemical... Also, have a friend who is more sober with you for the journey, preferably one who is very chilled out and won't cause any unnecessary agro.

Yours humbly,

James

Edited by .broken.

I can't say i'm very experienced, i've only tripped a given 200 times on various substances, mostly mushrooms. laughing out loud at the idea of Pleidians is very sad to me, since the focus of it is that peace and love revolves all biology, raises awareness, and will heal all of those in your community and the world. James Gilliland is a good person to look into, he and many others have participated in activities with many off-world light beings, all of the great spiritual people on earth he's encountered understood right when seeing him that he has a very large role to play in helping mankind.

I'm a clean person, no drugs, no booze. Just spiritual practice.

8 months ago I chose to trip with people I thought were my good friends. They set me up to have a bad trip cause they believed if I could overcome what they were doing, my awareness could be raised to a new level, and i'd be initiated into hanging out with these people. But instead, my mind retreated into anxiety and paranoia up until this day. Meditation has been extremely helpful.

If I ever use again, i will be alone, i've tripped alone on LSD and mushrooms many of times. But I will be meditating while I do them, and I'll pray for the divine and perfected earth energy and cosmic energy as the substance grows out of the ground and fruits. I believe Psilcybe fungus didn't originate on earth, the chemicals in them are of a unique classification and structure unknown to any other plant, spores can survive through earth's atmosphere...etc

They do good, if you help them do good, don't leave it up to the energy of the plant, cause your mind-body can be overwhelmed, it's up to you to direct the now more potent medium for energy that is your self.

I don't believe that you can say drugs will harm you more in the long run, they can, but only if you misdirect the immense amount of energy they either bless or harm you with. Same thing with all energy.

I can't say i'm very experienced, i've only tripped a given 200 times on various substances, mostly mushrooms. laughing out loud at the idea of Pleidians is very sad to me,

LOL, Only 200???

... Your more experienced than many, pranaman!

No.

Not laughing at the idea of Pleidians.

Seen to much to laugh at such as that. :rolleyes:

Just at the idea that ingesting something makes communication's with anyone clearer.

You can do all that on your own, if you want to.

and have the skills in your back pocket if you want to do it again

without having to rely on any substance outside yourself.

You'll do well kid,

keep up the breathing & meditation!

And have fun with it!

Take care Pranaman!

Shon

ALL the spiritual effects you get from drugs you get without drugs aswell. The only thing you dont get without drugs is the drugs side-effects.

For anyone who is serious about cultivation and spiritual work, drugs are not worth it. You will spend more time cleaning up the mess and realitydistortion that comes with it, than doing actual spiritual development.

ALL the spiritual effects you get from drugs you get without drugs aswell. The only thing you dont get without drugs is the drugs side-effects.

For anyone who is serious about cultivation and spiritual work, drugs are not worth it. You will spend more time cleaning up the mess and realitydistortion that comes with it, than doing actual spiritual development.

Taoist Sages aging into the several hundred years of age were known for their use of opiates, buddhists use betel nut. The ancient Soma is actually detrimental instead of a direct path to the 'God'? Jesus Christ, a very well known shaman, healer, obviously very near the Tao, if not completely with the flow, his messages directing mankind to the soma is another example of becoming alchemically one with the gaian mind as a method of growth.

Mantak Chia's Darkness Retreats are there so your pineal gland can secrete DMT and 5-MEO-DMT into your body.... these are drugs....

I think it's all unique to the perception and individual

makes me nervous to even think about psychedelics... reminds me of when i tripped on LSD and mushrooms.. did it a week apart, they released some really powerful emotions inside me. felt such terror and anxiety, face to face with my demons. until i let go it was hell.. but then when i let go, i felt such bliss.

i did learn a lot from my experiences, but never want to feel that overwhelming terror and anxiety ever again, would rather take things slow and let the subconscious purging happen naturally through meditation. if you're not ready drugs can open you wide up and you may not like what you see.. i sure didnt.

did i mention that I took those drugs with an already awakened Kundalini? and while receiving long distance shaktipat? yeah.. im a risk taker.. hahah. oh well we all make mistakes :)

a friend of mine shared his belief as:

meditation, astrology, feng shui... all and the rest of our tools...

they open doors slowly but surely.

psychadelics are like using a crowbar to get the door open, you might be able to get it to open faster but you can do damage.

Taoist Sages aging into the several hundred years of age were known for their use of opiates, buddhists use betel nut. The ancient Soma is actually detrimental instead of a direct path to the 'God'? Jesus Christ, a very well known shaman, healer, obviously very near the Tao, if not completely with the flow, his messages directing mankind to the soma is another example of becoming alchemically one with the gaian mind as a method of growth.

Mantak Chia's Darkness Retreats are there so your pineal gland can secrete DMT and 5-MEO-DMT into your body.... these are drugs....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

stimulating a body to produce a "natural" substance, versus

add/take in a substance,

personal subjective testing and cultural habitual use, versus

scientific experimental "science"...

Edited by rain

a friend of mine shared his belief as:

meditation, astrology, feng shui... all and the rest of our tools...

they open doors slowly but surely.

psychadelics are like using a crowbar to get the door open, you might be able to get it to open faster but you can do damage.

Thats what I thought to before I started tripping. Now, 8 years (and thousands of dollars spent on therapy and healing) after, Im back to life and would not recomment psycedelics to ANYONE! The damage is greater than people realize. AND, anything you get from psychedelics you can get without. It dosent happen slowly, it just takes dedication and stamina. It happens NATURALLY, and with a solid rooting in reality. That is somthing you dont find with drugs.

Psychedelics is used by the lazy and impatient. Nothing good can come out of that, right?!

All the experiences I had on drugs I've had to do all over again to root them in reality and not hallusinations. Itis a bg difference between those two.

Yes there is a difference.

The body making it's own drugs from tryptophan converts each metabolite in a highly coordinated stepwise fashion via metabolism, the first part starting with L-tryptophan absorption in small intestine, into enteric nervous system....conversion into seratonine takes place in the brain, and only the pineal gland itself can convert the seratonin into the DMT, 5meoDMT, pinoline etc. The cells are highly regulated environments. In darkness, the body will go on converting metabolites until you are saturated with the metabolites having strong visions like on Ayahuasca, however, you are not vomitting, you have most of the symptoms.

Taking a plant homologue of a human hormone is not really metabolically the same, similar yes. It is similar enough in structure (harmine) that it passes for pinoline, but there are structural differences between the molecules. It's effect is comparable but perhaps not identical. Plant harmine means a neurotransmitter destined to be synthesized by the pineal gland is suddenly entering via enteric nervous system and then stimulates the entire CNS. Different way of entry, certainly different that the body would self-dose, than if you took 1 large ayahuascachocolate from starbucks. But we use caffein. Food is a drug of its own. Spices are drugs. Our addicition to food, to stimulation...drugs. Drugs, drugs, drugs which are bad, drugs, drugs, drugs, ask you mom or ask your dad

With true meditation and the right teacher you do not need crutches like this you can go beyond any of these drugs

With true meditation and the right teacher you do not need crutches like this you can go beyond any of these drugs

exactly

Food is a drug of its own. Spices are drugs. Our addicition to food, to stimulation...drugs. Drugs, drugs, drugs which are bad, drugs, drugs, drugs, ask you mom or ask your dad

I wouldnt put food-stuff in the same category as hallucinating drugs :) But yes, food can be just as bad for us as drugs, in its own way. And just as addictive.

Food is addictive, check out the psychoactive morphine peptide analogues in milk and grains. Sleep is addictive, so is sex, the more often you orgasm, the more often you crave orgasm. Whoever thinks that plant teachers are a crutch, should question whether their physical human teachers or the methods they teach are crutches, and if they think their teacher or their teacher's methods can take them beyond all attachments, I challenge them to give up the attachment of hunger, sleep, and sex vanquishing them for good, until they never again arise in their mind for even an instant.

Ayahuasca is not addictive. ha ha! The furthest thing from it. If you try it, you may never wish to try it ever again.

I will never disrespect Mother Ayahuasca. She is a loving teacher and potent healer! Im tremendously grateful for all the good work she has done and does in opening people to a deeper understanding of reality, in teaching the sacred healing songs of the plant spirits. I will honour always, Mother Pinoline, in whatever form she arrives.

Edited by Xienkula1