Sign in to follow this  
joebob

AMMA

I just saw Amma for the 2nd time in the last couple months, she is known as the hugging saint from India.

Any words I could use to describe being in her presence seem limiting, but it was all good.

I am curious as to what Taobums and Kunluners experience from her energy. If you can go, get a seat as close as you can get to her. She has free programs for the public as well as retreats in a few cities.

http://www.amma.org/tours/amma-tours/n_america.html

New Mexico 6.22 - 6.26

Dallas 6.29 - 6.30

Coralville 7.02 - 7.03

Chicago 7.05 - 7.06

New York 7.08 - 7.10

Washington DC 7.12 - 7.13

Boston 7.15 - 7.18

Toronto 7.20 - 7.23

10 am and 7:30 pm
So, does anyone know the timeline on these? Like, if it starts at 7:30 PM, does she just start hugging people from then? Or give a lecture first?

I basically just want a hug from her - so when do you think I could get that during the 7:30 PM session (because I have a prior engagement later that night).

The actual hugging part is called Darshan. So, with the public programs there are 2 a day. The first starts at 10:00 am and then the evening at 7:30 pm. She usually gives a translated lecture at night that lasts about an hour and they have a brief period of songs and the energy builds up.

I think in the evening the actual hugging starts at the earlies by 9:00pm, the morning session was closer to the start time. You get a token for your time slot to be greeted by her. So you can hang around near her or go do something else. Then when your time comes they put you in a short line. Its very well organized. The time thing is a little hazy around her for me it seems like 10 minutes has passed and then I look at the watch and 2 hours are gone.

I went for my first time a few days ago and it was an amazing experience. I highly recommend it, they played a recording of one of her peace talks and it was so moving it brought me to tears. She really is a saint.

Thanks Myth. My bad.

Vortex, in Albuquerque they had special priority for first timers. They recieved a token to be in the first group. The other possibility would be get a token and go back later. It ran till about 2:30 am.

Agree with the other posters about the experience of being there.

Guest winpro07

Go to see her when she is Devi baba, ask her for what you want most.

Go to a fire homa, and a water homa. Save the stuff from both, and you will know what to do with them.

Amma is really lovely. I had a hug from her, and so did my children. She emanates love and bliss.

Vortex, when I went, we had to wait a loooong time for our hug. No lecture. Just sit and wait while everyone gets hugged. While we were waiting we were very happy, calm, the whole energy field is a lovely one to be in.

Probably that's the whole experience. To receive that love energy, one probably needs some love and patience on his/her part as well. It may not work well to treat Darshan as a Bang Bang, Clean and Go thingie done with a precise & prior appointment....

:D

Edited by SiliconValley

Vortex, in Albuquerque they had special priority for first timers. They recieved a token to be in the first group. The other possibility would be get a token and go back later. It ran till about 2:30 am.

Agree with the other posters about the experience of being there.

Thanks, I found an actual schedule here:
Sunday

10.00 AM Amma is greeted with the traditional Pada Puja ceremony. A brief meditation followed by Darshan

7:30 PM Amma is greeted with the traditional Pada Puja ceremony. She gives a spiritual talk, followed by bhajans, arati, short meditation and then Darshan

Monday

7:00 PM Atma Puja ceremony - prayer service for world peace. The ceremony consists of a spiritual talk, puja and meditation.

9:00 PM Devi Bhava Darshan will begin and continue until everyone has received Darshan

Well, looks like I had read the schedule wrong, though. It's actually on Sun & Mon, not Sat & Sun.

So, maybe I can go up Sunday instead, and stay a bit longer through the service...and not have to hug & run. :lol:

Thanks for the tips, everybody. I'm pretty pumped! :D

Edited by vortex

Sign in to follow this