magician

countermeasures against hairloss

dr.lin wrote:

Excessive oxytocin or Over-masturbation/Over-ejaculation triggers excessive testosterone-DHT conversion in the prostate and testicles. This is why frequent orgasm can cause excessive DHT level in the blood streamline. GABA can reduce the oxytocin synthesis while excessive L-arginine in conjunction with a high level of androgen hormone can over-excite the hypothalamus oxytocinergic nervous system for "Heat" and excessive testosterone-DHT conversion. On the other hand, excessive orgasm also produce excessive prolactin and epinephrine to induce the arterial constriction for a poor blood circulation everywhere in your body, particularly, scalp, prostate and joints. 5-HTP can reduce the epinephrine release from the hypothalamus, brain stem and adrenal medulla.

Which herbs, forms of diet, exercises can be helpful?

Is it useful to decrease stress in daily life, drugs, coffee, milk, sugar etc. and to increase the sleep duration?

Hagar wrote:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=3634&st=0#

Hairloss has to do with Jing not reaching the scalp. The hair is like a piece of "earth" on top of the skull, and depends on the essential water to flow freely and strongly up to the top of the spine, and to the skull to nourish the hair. If you have a blockage in the sacrum wich necessarily creates a blockage in the neck, hairloss will start.

Open the neck, sacrum, and spine and the hair will grow back.

Would you please describe it more precisely? How can the spine be opened?

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=71

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/message...3&forumid=1

Google: dht +ejaculate

Does frequent ejaculation make one bald? Can hair loss be decreased when a man moderates his ejaculation frequency?

welllll.....not being male or experiencing hair loss i can't say i can personally attest to the effectiveness of this herb but i take he wou shu as a general tonic and as it replenishes the kidneys (which the hair on the head is a reflection of their functionality) many men have APPARENTLY reported hair regrowth.

it has greatly improved the condition of my hair ( which was fairly thick initially it has to be said).

anything that improves circulation and the condition of the bodies health will prevent hair loss. and with regards to men going bald after too much ejaculation, i thought the whole point or retention was to conserve the jing, so if it is constantly being depleted, i guess the hair on the head will be among the first things to suffer!! the same should go for any toxins...the less you put in, the less the body has to work, the less you age.

the neck, spin and sacrum should be kept healthy for a whole host of other reasons besides hair loss. yoga, tai chi, qigong...its all good.

i was quite into herbalism last year and there is a herb called saw palmetto that men take for prostate health to lower levels of androgens in their body which would cause hair loss so that could help.

i typed he shou wu in and this came up. quite relevant.

http://www.vegasbikram.com/health_articles.asp

emily

Lecithin is mentioned in that link Emily -- my research dug up the same connection. Semen is largely made of lecithin and guess what -- Commercially, the majority of lecithin produced is derived from soybeans

(soya lecithin).

So now we know why Taoists like to eat raw tofu every day.

http://www.nutritional-supplements-health-...f-lecithin.html

But then tofu has been seriously condemned as of late....

http://www.thehealingjournal.com/prev_issu..._nov06_tofu.htm

Eggs might be a better source for lecithin.

Edited by drew hempel

Is bald bad?

exactly what i was thinking.

perhaps there is sometimes a connection with balding and the kidneys/jing in the body, but i see no consistency in that correlation whatsoever.

i mean, shouldn't everyone on dialysis be bald or something? has NO ONE ever trained with a master who was bald and yet still very healthy and very much a bad-ass? Jerry Alan Johnson comes to mind. i thought he looked kind of funny in the 90's when he was totally bald on top, yet had all this hair on the sides and in the back. i always wondered why he didn't follow in the trend of the 90's by cutting it all off. then later he did. but not because it was in style.

perhaps the more important work that needs to be done in on the psychological conditioning that elevates a matter like balding to an issue worthy of research and experimentation among spiritual folk.

it just seems like a waste to me.

Edited by Hundun

I found that going on an all-raw diet turned my graying hair brown again. I've seen this work for others as well, but I also know it's not 100%, I've seen it not work.

All of the herbs I have seen mentioned here have one contrain dication or another. If one is not going to see an herbalist I would go for a straight jing tonic (which would probably work better anyway)

Check out Shilajit. Which I have to say is the most powerful Jing (or ojas since it is Auyervedic) tonic on the planet. Also Royal Jelly. With Royal Jelly I have had clients who actually began regrowing nerve ending that had been dead for over ten years. In a few months they had regenerated. Royal Jelly also tonifies the blood.

Blessings

Men go bald mainly because of tension to the scalp,inverting yourself for a few minutes a day and massage the scalp every day will make the hair grow back.

I found the head stand inefective but the shoulder stand worked and so did massaging the scalp.

sabretooth.

This is not the cheapest, but sounds interesting:

U Shein himself experienced the healing- and regeneration properties of Gold-Ash-Powder in the first.

he no longer needed glasses, his eyesight improved to normal again. His muscles and arteries were getting extremely strong and healthy again and he became energetic and dynamic like a young man and even his already gray hair turned to dark again

From a TCM perspective, I'm guessing that the kidneys may need restoration and recharging for a lot of these "burnt out" problems...

WudangAlienAlchemist - where do you get shilajit? And is it safe to use continuously, or does it deplete you?

Edited by vortex

I've heard about the inversion and scalp massage working, as well as a diet supplemented with He Shou Wu (Fo Ti) and Lycium (wolfberry). I wonder if using Helichrysum (which is as far as I'm concerned a gift to the earth) in conjunction with scalp massage would help.

Says here shilajit comes from MOUSE SHIT. haha. Yeah shit to the brain that's what I do.

Puri (2006) in his book has devoted one chapter to Shilajit. He has given in detail about the study of Shilajit in the last two centuries and the various speculated sources of Shilajit. The Indian workers considered dendroid Euphorbia'' as the source but in Ladakh faeces of mountain mouse were considered the source.

Tyrosinase.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/200...s-nla022309.php

Edited by drew hempel

Maybe the quote in the OP should do better at defining what "frequent orgasm" or "over-ejaculation" exactly means.

I'll post this reply under the "for what it's worth" department. In the book 'THE EYE OF REVELATION: The Ancient Tibetan Rites of Rejuvenation' it hints that the 5 Tibetan Rites have the ability to regrow hair, as well as the practice of - don't laugh - rubbing butter on the scalp twice a week. In fact, one of the characters in the book (Col Bradford) allegedly regrew a full head of hair from the two aforementioned exercises and recommended them to men who wished to regrow their manes. So if you don't mind doing a few exercises and smelling like popcorn, this just might be the ticket.

BTW I've been doing the 5 Rites for 2 months and have gotten excellent results; most notably an increase in energy. They are WELL worth looking into and have a famous reputation for their rejuvenative capabilities.

Ok so what a man who wishes to grow his hair back should do is rub all his "energy" on his scalp? :blink::lol:

Sorry couldn't help it :P

dr.lin wrote:

Which herbs, forms of diet, exercises can be helpful?

Is it useful to decrease stress in daily life, drugs, coffee, milk, sugar etc. and to increase the sleep duration?

Hagar wrote:

Would you please describe it more precisely? How can the spine be opened?

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=71

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/message...3&forumid=1

Google: dht +ejaculate

Does frequent ejaculation make one bald? Can hair loss be decreased when a man moderates his ejaculation frequency?

Hair is a piece of the earth element on your skull. Thus nourishing the earth element nourishes and supports the hair growth. BUT so many underlying factors also affect the hair and hair growth:

Kidney water, kidney yin, Liver chi, mineral/vitamin intake, genetics, stress, and lack of sleep.

On an experiential level, I feel alot of what is defined as hairloss originates in heart and kidney energy not abundant enough to nourish the two acu points (liver and heart points) on top of the scull, almost like a plant not getting enough water. If the heart chi is not supportive, you loose hair on top of the scull, if you drain your kidney water, you lose hair on front of scull around kindey/liver points.

Also, opening the spine reflects the space that the essential water (jing) is able to travel up the spine. If there are blockages at the heart area or neck area, hairloss follow. Also the reason for hairloss related to sex are the same. Not enough force in the essential water to reach the skull.

Snake gong, or any other qigong that work directly in opening the spine/centering chi in the spine to heal and open the chi in the spine will do the trick.

BUT: If the follicles allready have closed, it takes alot more effort to regain hairgrowth, and also, sometimes the genetic side is strong, meaning that there is really no use wasting time in growing hair that genetically is not supported. So there really is nothing wrong with being bald. It's all about your energetic/elemental constitution from birth.

Just my 2 kr.

Edited by hagar

BBC had a documentary where a female professor tested a lot of cosmetic products to see what worked. One of the things she found that gave realy great results was a product against loss of hair. It more or less stopped further loss but did not do so much to scale back previous loss. If you dig arround you should be able to find out the product name.

Hair Growth is all about belief systems. You can checkout luftek.com

BBC had a documentary where a female professor tested a lot of cosmetic products to see what worked. One of the things she found that gave realy great results was a product against loss of hair. It more or less stopped further loss but did not do so much to scale back previous loss. If you dig arround you should be able to find out the product name.

http://ezinearticles.com/?5-Easy-Steps-to-Combat-Hair-Loss-and-Maintain-a-Full-Head-of-Hair-Forever&id=1454685

Regular aerobic exercise can help keep Dihydrotestosterone levels (DHT) naturally lower while maintaining overall health, lowering stress and increasing SHBG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldness

Regular aerobic exercise can help keep androgen levels (particularly free testosterone levels) naturally lower while maintaining overall health, lowering stress and increasing SHBG. SHBG has been found to be significantly lowered in men with hair loss before the age of 30.

Aerobic exercise is physical exercise that intends to improve the oxygen system. Aerobic means "with oxygen".

I just found some additional information. The best aerobic exercise is running on a regular basis. Hiking is also good. I am much of a couch potatoe but i think about changing my way of life and try it out. What do you think about this approach? Might aerobic exercise ease hair loss?