So he now moved to Guam (on the run?) and his Wiki site says he studied with Carlos Castaneda and Tom Brown, the wilderness teacher -- and he studies SIBUD. So how long has he been in the U.S. anyway -- Carlos Castenada -- or whatever -- when we he "teaching."?

Anyway -- here's a review of his $60 book (and dvd)....

http://www.martialdevelopment.com/blog/qi-...ng-book-review/

I notice that his website has errors when you try to register for his training classes -- a PhD in qigong? -- well that's for the Portland clinic and he's in Guam now so makes sense I guess....?!?

Actually if i remember correctly -- and please correct me if i'm wrong -- he moved to Guam precisely because he was so embarrassed about insisting that it is actually SIBUD and not as you insist it's spelled. But then maybe you know otherwise. Thanks for sharing regardless.

Fools.

From his site:

"This non-sectarian tradition of Tibetan Shamanic Qigong has been preserved through the centuries by twenty-seven generations of masters who explored numerous possible applications of energy awareness in all spheres of life, from fighting to healing and sexual energy arts. "

a) can he prove 27 generations lineage?

b ) if this is Tibetan/Bon then why is it called Qi Dao a Chinese name?

c) why has the teacher been ordained in several traditions?

d) why does it look like basic martial arts/Qi Gong?

am I missing something? This just looks like something made up and given a false pedigree.

Edited by apepch7

This guy has a clip on youtube somewhere and to be honest i wasnt impressed with his movements or structure etc.

Seems like everyone is becoming Lama's?!

Actually if i remember correctly -- and please correct me if i'm wrong -- he moved to Guam precisely because he was so embarrassed about insisting that it is actually SIBUD and not as you insist it's spelled. But then maybe you know otherwise. Thanks for sharing regardless.

I am not and do not claim to be a Tantrapa expert, but I do find it hard to believe that he fled the country over a misspelling.

Did they sneak some "bad speller" penalties into the Patriot Act?

I am not and do not claim to be a Tantrapa expert, but I do find it hard to believe that he fled the country over a misspelling.

:lol: Lmfao :lol:

This guy has a clip on youtube somewhere and to be honest i wasnt impressed with his movements or structure etc.

Seems like everyone is becoming Lama's?!

yeah be weary of the black jump suit! :)

Anyone had any thing to do with this person, or read his book?

His blog

Tibetan Shamanic Qigong Academy

He is based in Oregon. And his book just turned up on my Amazon recomendations.. so I thought I'd ask if any of you know him?

He is selling an initiation mp3.

Hi Cat,

I am glad you are interested in my work. I hope you had a chance to visit my website www.qidao.org to get more acquainted with the teachings of Qi Dao. I would also like to help you and other fellow Tao Bums to sift through some misguided comments on this forum as to where I reside and why. Indeed, I moved to Guam two years ago in an attempt to support my wife's career advancement (she got a job as an Assistant Attorney General of Guam) as well as to finish my book and get it published. I used to be so busy teaching at Academy of Qi Dao and seeing clients at Portland Qigong Clinic that I just had no time to write the books many of my students requested for years.

In the last couple of years, I managed to write two books, one audiobook, as well as to produce a DVD and a meditation CD entitled Qi Dao Initiation. Now my wife's contract is over and we may move back to the States later this year. In fact, I am flying to Washington, DC area next month to present a workshop at the National Qigong Conference and launch the Basic Qi Dao Home Study Course that includes all of the materials mentioned above. I am actually supposed to be there also because I am on the Board of Directors of the NQA.

As to my involvement with various other teachers, associations, Subud (please not the spelling), etc, I have to say that unlike some Qigong masters jealously guarding the purity of their traditions, I am much more relaxed about this issue. I know that most of the lineage holders of Qi Dao (as probably many other styles) gleaned from various disciplines and experienced many influences that only enriched the art and contributed to its evolution. Even its name that originally was likely Tsa Lung Trul Khor changed to much shorter Qi Dao under the Chinese influence. I am certainly not opposed to the continuing evolution and enrichment of our art, which I even aspire to contribute by creating Qi Dao Coaching - the methodology integrating the best of the ancient energy arts and the most empowering modern approach to personal development.

If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to ask.

Aloha

He is selling an initiation mp3.

I saw these on Amazon as well. Anyone has any experience with these mp3s? Initiation.....thats a little curious :D

Does he ask you to buy his other books/DVD for further instruction?

Edited by SiliconValley

Lama,

Where can we find the details of your lineage.

Thanks.

This is sweet. The Lama replies. I'm very glad to be CORRECTED! haha. My dad was Assistant Attorney General of Minnesota back in the 1960s so if that's a karmic connection I don't know what isn't! haha.

Do you sit in full-lotus all the time?

This is sweet. The Lama replies. I'm very glad to be CORRECTED! haha. My dad was Assistant Attorney General of Minnesota back in the 1960s so if that's a karmic connection I don't know what isn't! haha.

Do you sit in full-lotus all the time?

Dear Tao Bums,

It is getting pretty late here, but I will try to answer some of your questions briefly. My meditation CD entitled Qi Dao Initiation is available for download on Amazon.com. The physical CDs will be available very soon. They are also going to be included into the Basic Qi Dao Home Study Course, which will also include my hard cover book, audiobook, workbook and DVD. Additionally, everyone who purchases this course will have free access to my teleseminars and online tutorials for one month.

To get some more information about Qi Dao, please visit Qidao.org. As far as I know, nobody else from our clan has a website yet, but you are welcome to do some Google search or visit Wikipedia.org. I have given numerous interviews online to the media, some of which may be found online. As to my personal experience with Qi Dao, I started practicing quite early, at a tender age of six. My Grandpa was an awesome Qigong master and Russian Martial Arts paragon, so I aspired to become like him. Thirty plus years later, I just dream about doing some of the feats he was capable of.

Finally, I have to admit that I do not like sitting in lotus position, although I am flexible enough to twist my legs into a pretzel. Alas, I have not found any way to maintain a vertical alignment of the spine without tensing up my hip flexors when sitting like that. My favorite meditative position is savasana, but I often use Zen-style seiza, as you may see on my blog.

Please feel free to ask more questions or come to Portland, where I am teaching a workshop at Portland Subud Center on August 23, 2008. Drop me a line if you are interested in the Initiation CD or the Home Study Course and I will be happy to get them to you as soon as they are available.

Aloha

P.S. I finally got around to taking a look at the Qi Dao video clip on YouTube. Although it is very basic and incomplete in terms of mentioning only three alignments and leaving out the most important one, you may actually tell that these principles can be quite applicable in various sports as well as healing and other martial arts. I am actually going to present a workshop on the use of Qi Dao for peak performance in healing and martial arts at the World Qigong Congress in San Fran on September 22, 2008. I would love to see you guys there.

Lama,

You mention your grandpa - please could you give full details of your 27 generation lineage which is referred to on your website.

Thanks

Patrick Brown why are you so Disrespectful! grow up

All true spiritual initiations are experiential and therefore can't be taught only pointed to. The very idea of 'selling' a spiritual initiation is as ludicrous as it is disrespectful. By the way if anybody has a copy I could do with a good laugh.

Dear Tao Bums,

To get some more information about Qi Dao, please visit Qidao.org. A

Please feel free to ask more questions or come to Portland, where I am teaching a workshop at Portland Subud Center on August 23, 2008. Drop me a line if you are interested in the Initiation CD or the Home Study Course and I will be happy to get them to you as soon as they are available.

Hello Lama Tantrapa

Welcome home soon from a fellow Portlander (almost...a bit out of town actually).

Did I understand you correctly that you are coming back to Portland?

Maybe I will have the chance to attend the workshop in August.

I hope you understand that people on this forum are coming from all over the place. I mean that in a sense of their location AND their attitudes. Also I think I can safely say that many have their BS detectors set to alarm at one part per billion detection level :P

You will get no disrespect from me. I had encountered your website some time ago - maybe only a little while after you left Portland. I think someone pointed it out here on the Taobums.

Good luck on your travels. Please send details about your workshop either by PM or post here.

With appreciation of anyone who seeks to spread beneficial teachings.

Craig

PS - I am pretty sure Drew was making a joke about that spelling thing...in case any of the rest of you didn't already figure that out.

Guest sykkelpump

Hello Lama Tantrapa

Welcome home soon from a fellow Portlander (almost...a bit out of town actually).

Did I understand you correctly that you are coming back to Portland?

Maybe I will have the chance to attend the workshop in August.

I hope you understand that people on this forum are coming from all over the place. I mean that in a sense of their location AND their attitudes. Also I think I can safely say that many have their BS detectors set to alarm at one part per billion detection level :P

You will get no disrespect from me. I had encountered your website some time ago - maybe only a little while after you left Portland. I think someone pointed it out here on the Taobums.

Good luck on your travels. Please send details about your workshop either by PM or post here.

With appreciation of anyone who seeks to spread beneficial teachings.

Craig

PS - I am pretty sure Drew was making a joke about that spelling thing...in case any of the rest of you didn't already figure that out.

Have you read his book from the link above?