dragonfire

Excess Heat/Energy... and Hello

Just want to say hello, I'm new to the site, but not new to Tao.

I've studied most of the the books available and know how to generate the energy. My problem is not how to generate it, but how do I stop it now. The books I've read do not really say in detail how to stop it. They only say that once you start the orbiting and the prenatal breathing, eventually it becomes automatic. My problem is its automatic and I'm generating energy all day. My nerves can't seem to take the energy. I've practiced both dual cultivation and yogic breathing.

Its been 8 months now. Now I want to stop the training until I resolve my emotional issues (as marriage/divorce has caused me tremendous mental damage) and become stronger physically/mentally.

I don't feel mentally stable to continue at this point.

Has anyone found a method to stop the energy?

So sorry to here about your divorce, dragonfire. I went through that myself a few years back and I know what a toll it can take emotionally, mentally, and physically. All I can say is that time heals all wounds.

As far as the energy goes, without knowing what techniques you are using and what specific sensations you are talking about it's a bit difficult to speak on the subject. I'm not so into the Taoist end. My experience is more in yogic breathing (pranayama/kriya), and with chakra work.

You say it's pretty much atuomatic? To the point that you are just building this energy all the time? Part of the skill of breath/energy work is knowing when/how to direct it. I'm thinking there might be a couple of things going on here. 1) energy flow can be kinked and well up in certain areas such that you feel overwhelmed. The remedy for this is to do specific work in those areas (say, in the heart chakra perhaps, if you're feeling wounded, angry, etc over divorce) to free up the flow. 2) energy can run rampant if care is not taken to focus it. In yoga we have bandhas, which are energetic seals. You can download a free pdf I wrote on the bandhas by following this link. Getting comfortable with these breathing techniques can have many positive effects that might help you with your troubles.

Good luck!

Has anyone found a method to stop the energy?

Yes, stillness meditation ;)

Stillness meditation generally balances out anything. When you are still and silent, the body and mind activates its own innate intelligence. An intelligence that knows hellofalot more than we know. The body knows exactly what to do with the energy, you just have to be silent and let the body do its job without interference.

Visualization, energywork and things like that can be good for healing, but can also be very destructive if its not done correctly. If you keep a stillness meditation practice at the side, you will most of the time know if your energywork is getting unbalanced or not.

Dragonfire,

Welcome to taobums!!! I hope you find some helpful thoughts here and I hope things smooth out soon!

Your pal,

Yoda

Oh yeah, welcome dreagongfire! I didnt see it was in the lobby. You will get all the answers you need here(and a lot of answers you dont need) ;)

Hello... and thanks for the replies. I will try the suggestions. This seems to be a very good site for

information and support.