Sign in to follow this  
Seth Ananda

Hi everyone!

Hi everyone, I just found this site a few days ago and love some of what i read.

My name is Seth, I'm Australian and have studied many traditions over the years. I am primarily a Tantric practitioner (Kashmir Shavism and am studying the Maha Vidya tradition currently with an Indian teacher). I'm mostly interested in the traditional stuff but am very well versed in the Pop/neo/western tantra business and all its fun and games.

I love the mystical teachings from everywhere and will try anything that I get a vibe for.

I Love Taoism, I'm a Yang Mian student, have studied Kabballah, Gnosticism, Magic, shamanism, the Occult, Sufism, Yoga and much meditation. (heh, all to varying degrees)

I teach Tantra around at times and have run a Kundalini Support group with another friend, helping people deal with adverse Kriya's to regain balance in their lives.

I'm also studying Transpersonal Counselling.

I can't wait to learn more!

If anything i have an open mind and a sense of humor.

Any way thanks every one for this site and i look forward to contributing :)

Welcome to da Bums. You sound very experienced.

hey seth, welcome

most here are interested in taoism but there are some very interested in kundalini tantric path such as myself. i received shaktipat initiation into a trika spanda shivaism path by Acharya Kedar, an american teacher, but i didn't like the way the ashram was run so went elsewhere, have found a teacher that is more approachable and better suited for my personality. her site is here, maybe you've heard of her she has lots of youtube videos http://www.guruswamig.com/

i'm also interested in taoism, buddhism, and basically any mystical tradition. i've recently been reading about christian mysticism.. not looking for a path, just broadening my view :)

glad to see you're the same type of person, open minded. have you read Daughter of Fire by Irina Tweedie? long.. but interesting. a diary of training with a Sufi master. the basic theme is surrender.

gnosticism nice.. but is it the new-age gnosticism that you studied by samuel an weor or something like that? some of his stuff is good.. but i don't like how he says tantric sex is necessary for awakening kundalini and enlightenment.. a bit silly really to say that its a requirement lol. but there was one person on this forum that actually argued to me that you can't awaken kundalini without having tantric sex with a female.

Welcome to taobums! You might check out advancedyogapractices.com forum too. They have some good stuff on the Hindu side of things.

Thanks Guys (or Girls if I'm mistaken)

ill look up those sites.

I'm really enjoying this site, what a fantastic sharing resource!

Even the people with liver disturbance (the angry bastards) are entertaining :lol:

in other words, Thanks!

Seth

Sign in to follow this